UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Florian undecided on potential MMA return

9/26/12 10:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Retired UFC fighter and current broadcaster Kenny Florian is in shape. After all, "round is a shape," he told recently quipped on MMAjunkie.com Radio (interview below).

"As far as the injury goes, I'm just doing my best to really get healthy," he said. "I'm still trying to get healthy and get back to a regular training schedule because of my actual schedule and because of the injury.

"I've definitely felt improvement very recently in the past month. I haven't had that constant pain I've been dealing with. That's been a great sign. Physically, I feel much, much better."

"I don't know," he said about a possible return. "It's tough to say. I'm definitely keeping myself busy, but I've learned never to say never."

"... We'll see. Right now the only thing on my mind is getting healthy and getting back in the shape."

"It's tough seeing the fighters going out when you know you can't go in there. I don't know if the competitor ever leaves you. It's tough dialing it down. ... There are times I've had to turn down the intensity and just be a normal human being on fight night."

Read entire article...

Go to MMA Junkie for more videos.

9/26/12 10:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/26/12 11:00 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought he retired?

9/26/12 11:17 AM
Hikikomori

Take his ass to bellator. The tournament setup suits him well. Phone Post
9/26/12 11:19 AM
holly9000
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why? Is he hurting for $? I thought he mad a fairly decent commentator, can't Kenny keep doing that? Not sure what the point of a return would be other than some quick $?
9/26/12 11:20 AM
Rampage23NTT

holly9000 - Why? Is he hurting for $? I thought he mad a fairly decent commentator, can't Kenny keep doing that? Not sure what the point of a return would be other than some quick $?
Because he loves the sport and has a hunger to fight still? Maybe? Phone Post
9/26/12 11:21 AM
Tubarao

well, the ONLY reason why I think it would be ok for his return is that ALDO is indefinitely out and is always getting hurt for some reason. Under these conditions Kenflo could be significant in the division but with Aldo in, it seems rather pointless. 

9/26/12 11:27 AM
McBottery
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw this guy in a movie yesterday. Think it was called Tropic Thunder or something, didn't know he fought too. Neat. Phone Post
9/26/12 11:31 AM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holly9000 - Why? Is he hurting for $? I thought he mad a fairly decent commentator, can't Kenny keep doing that? Not sure what the point of a return would be other than some quick $?

Florian grew up in a 10,000 sf mansion in the richest town in Massachusetts. He comes from an elite family. I assure you a Florian would never be hurting for money.
9/26/12 11:39 AM
MMALOGIC

if he's undecided why did he retire?

9/26/12 11:41 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the direction of this thread, people would not want to see Kenny fight in the UFC again?

Why exactly is that?
9/26/12 11:50 AM
Media Monster
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna make a run for the flyweight title?
9/26/12 11:51 AM
Tubarao

MMALOGIC - 

if he's undecided why did he retire?

because of like 4 failed title defenses or something...

9/26/12 11:54 AM
Hel13torm
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - 

9/26/12 12:06 PM
Don_Dada
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha! VTFU.
9/26/12 12:11 PM
MainelyBJJ
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hel13torm - 
Media Monster - 

This is dumb,borderline fighter bashing and shows how ignorant you and all the people that crack jokes about him going down in weight are about MMA and UFC history.

9/26/12 12:43 PM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MainelyBJJ - 
Hel13torm - 
Media Monster - 

This is dumb,borderline fighter bashing and shows how ignorant you and all the people that crack jokes about him going down in weight are about MMA and UFC history.

^What the hell are you on about? That is hilarious. VTFU for Hel3torm.

9/26/12 12:50 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I for one would love to see Kenny fight again at LIGHTWEIGHT. He is very skilled and in my opinion could be top 3 again. I think if Kenny gets a good power lifting coach and drops all the fancy gym class/obstacle course type s&c that he currently does. He could be much stronger.
9/26/12 1:54 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holly9000 - Why? Is he hurting for $? I thought he mad a fairly decent commentator, can't Kenny keep doing that? Not sure what the point of a return would be other than some quick $?
Name value.

The UFC lacks names that are known just like they lack stars.

Bonnar, Griffin, Leben, Koscheck, etc ALL the TUF 1 guys are still names to MMA fans.

Kenny is that.

Koch was ready to face Aldo and is clearly a solid fighter but he couldn't sell PPV events and they know it.

Edgar doesn't either but he at least could sell more than Koch and is known which is why Korean Zombie is so hot as he is relatively known for a lighter weight guy.

Florian is a bigger name than all of them and could make some guys bigger stars by getting beaten by them because fans will tune in to watch Florian fight. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:39 PM
Jacinto

Why would anyone really even care if he came back or not? His fights weren't very exciting and even with Dana doing everything he could to make him a champ at any weight class he couldn't pull it off.
9/26/12 2:46 PM
jaytrainwreck

War Florian, would love to see him make one more run for a title. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:50 PM
AnakinHelwani
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy's 36 and coming off a big injury. He had a great careeer and has nothing left to prove. He should stay retired.

9/26/12 5:12 PM
twodragunns

Hel13torm - 
Media Monster - 

LMAO!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.