UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Weight loss

9/26/12 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RKellyPeedOnMe
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 6'1" 215. I want to lose about 20lbs. Can't do much cardio at the time because I screwed my knee up. Anyone know a good sup or meal replacement to take that could help. Phone Post
9/26/12 6:11 PM
Leigh
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cut processed food, including bread, pasta, fruit juice and dairy Phone Post
9/26/12 11:56 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - Cut processed food, including bread, pasta, fruit juice and dairy Phone Post
This, and count calories and make sure you eat less calories than you burn each day. There are formulas to find out your maintenance calorie number. Find that number and eat 500-1000 calories below that each day. Phone Post
10/23/12 6:11 PM
younggunz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try to focus on your portion and timing of your meals, this can really help with losing weight. The way to think of your metabolisim is kind of like a camp fire. If you only load wood onto the fire three times a day and put large amounts of wood on it, that fire will not burn very well. But if you put smaller PORTIONS of wood onto the fire say 5-7 times a day youll keep the fire burning hot all day long. this is the same for your body, you need to keep feeding your body to help it burn off fat, small frequent meals will help with this. As to what to eat, I recomend lots of chicken flavored with spices such as thyme, oregano, chilli powder, lemon peel, peppers, onions garlic, there are many many options. then eat good crabs susch as brown rice, sweet potatoes, and every color of veggie you can find. the more color your have on your plate the better that plate is for you. Eat some greek yogurt, and fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth, find different ways to cook your meals to keep food interesting adn good luck!
10/24/12 2:27 AM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIET (I would suggest paleo and / or calorie counting)

walk (if able)

loaded carries (if able)

high rep push presses (if able)

upper body pull

upper body push

trunk work
10/24/12 8:52 AM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or machine work if you have access: ellipticals, rowing machines, etc.
10/24/12 4:57 PM
MixedMartialTart

Funaki Masakatsu #1 -
Leigh - Cut processed food, including bread, pasta, fruit juice and dairy Phone Post
This, and count calories and make sure you eat less calories than you burn each day. There are formulas to find out your maintenance calorie number. Find that number and eat 500-1000 calories below that each day. Phone Post
My bmr is 1718 approx. Surely you wouldn't suggest eating a deficit of 1k. I always thought Round 500 was great give or take 100? Phone Post
10/24/12 5:18 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialTart -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 -
My bmr is 1718 approx. Surely you wouldn't suggest eating a deficit of 1k. I always thought Round 500 was great give or take 100? Phone Post
BMR isn't maintenance calorie number. It doesn't take into account activity level. Find this number first. A 1k deficit would be about the max (puts you on pace to lose 2 lbs per week). Phone Post
10/26/12 2:03 AM
younggunz

I concur that veggies should make up prly 30-40% of the diet but alot of ppl fall off of diets due to cravings sweets. so once or twice a week grab some greek yogurt and put a handful of blueberries or blackberries or some fruit in it to sweeten it up. Stay away from the preflavored ones tho, as they can be loaded with 15-30grams of sugar per serving.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.