UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Xcom in 2 weeks.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
9/26/12 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
choadler
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else looking forward to it? Original was my favorite pc game, but it did have a learning curve. Cant wait for this version. Phone Post
9/26/12 1:30 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah i'm pretty sure i'll buy it Phone Post
9/26/12 2:35 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The demo is out, at least on PC. Everyone (including old fans) seems very very impressed.

9/26/12 2:50 PM
LittleKang
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got it pre ordered and hope i had my fill of borderlands 2 so i can invest time into xcom Phone Post
9/26/12 4:16 PM
Adam588
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played demo it was cool Phone Post
9/26/12 4:25 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There an editor out for the demo where you can crank up the difficulty. Apparently its gets real hairy on classic difficulty. Just like an xcom game should feel Phone Post
9/26/12 4:26 PM
KH Johnsen

Link to editor if anyone cares to give it a go

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?140536-Demo-Editor-I-just-Made Phone Post
9/28/12 8:49 AM
Whambo

Trying to avoid watching too much so I'm surprised when I run into new aliens in the game. This is my most anticipated game right now, although I probably won't buy it until around Xmas because I'm so backed up with games I've bought.
9/28/12 3:35 PM
ferox13
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool - the FPS looked like shit.

This is the update of the old turn based game...man i loved that..
9/30/12 1:26 AM
KH Johnsen

Fiddled around with the demo using the editor. It's pretty hard going on classic difficulty. Add the iron man mode where theres only one save that doesnt allow you to reload past missions, and it looks challanging as hell Phone Post
10/1/12 8:28 AM
choadler
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill be going normal mode all the way. Phone Post
10/3/12 12:28 PM
MITman2k
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/12 1:19 PM

Never played the original XCOM, but  I downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it. I've played a fair number of DnD games, and this one gives off a similar vibe. May be a silly question, but to those who played the original, how was the storyline of the game in your view? Engaging(for it's time)? or more simplistic?

10/3/12 2:00 PM
Mexirican
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MITman2k -

Never played the original XCOM, but  I downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it. I've played a fair number of DnD games, and this one gives off a similar vibe. May be a silly question, but to those who played the original, how was the storyline of the game in your view? Engaging(for it's time)? or more simplistic?

It's hard to say because it was long ago. It was interesting for its time I guess. You build bases all across the world slowly studying their technology. Eventually you find out their base is on Mars I think and then you go on to kill the "brain." Pretty basic story but the game was a ton of fun! Phone Post
10/3/12 10:57 PM
choadler

MITman2k -

It wasnt really about story so much as the action slowly progressed. New elememts were introduced, enemys slowly got stronger, players developed. Basically, every single part of the game got larger in scope, and this was the story. There was little dialogue, but constant "new technology discovered". Awesome. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:37 AM
KH Johnsen

choadler -
MITman2k -

It wasnt really about story so much as the action slowly progressed. New elememts were introduced, enemys slowly got stronger, players developed. Basically, every single part of the game got larger in scope, and this was the story. There was little dialogue, but constant "new technology discovered". Awesome. Phone Post
And the fact that it was hard as hell. Sometines your favorite soldier would die before even stepping out of the sky-ranger. You were constantly overmatched and could only win by being in superior numbers. Its a very different gameplay where the enemy were the badasses and you were cannon-fodder desperately trying to overwhelm them. Theyve changed that in the new game where your squad is smaller (4-6 instead of 20). Phone Post
10/4/12 5:15 AM
ferox13
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^The first TERROR ATTACK was a fucking nightmare.

Your underequipped squad stepping out in the ruins of a town to the background noise of the screaming citizens being zapped by ET assholes.
10/4/12 6:53 AM
killacox

night time terror attacks.....
10/4/12 7:06 AM
ferox13

Jesus - even worse.
10/4/12 10:04 AM
LittleKang
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you guys watch the hour gameplay i posted a while back?
All i know is if any of these aliens has a splash damage like that god dam rocket launcher then im fucked. I usually kept my men in a tight knit group Phone Post
10/4/12 10:30 AM
choadler

Not sure if i like the decreased squad size, but it does seem that they really thought this game through. Couple more days.... Phone Post
10/4/12 10:55 AM
ferox13

Try to play alittle of the Demo but it was a bit Clunky on my PC.

Did they get rid of Action Points or make them more simple?
10/4/12 11:16 AM
LittleKang

ferox13 - Try to play alittle of the Demo but it was a bit Clunky on my PC.

Action Points? Never saw that.... Maybe its the promotion system now Phone Post
10/4/12 11:32 AM
El_Clap
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clunky is right. I need a new pc. I think I'm going to have to get this for Xbox.

For you Xcom loving Ipad users, Aliens Versus Humans:The Onslaught was released today.

It's pretty much an old school Xcom clone. Will be picking that up this evening.
10/4/12 12:02 PM
KH Johnsen

LittleKang - Did you guys watch the hour gameplay i posted a while back?
All i know is if any of these aliens has a splash damage like that god dam rocket launcher then im fucked. I usually kept my men in a tight knit group Phone Post
Mutons will grenade any bunched up troops. Bad idea. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:03 PM
KH Johnsen

LittleKang -
ferox13 - Try to play alittle of the Demo but it was a bit Clunky on my PC.

Action Points? Never saw that.... Maybe its the promotion system now Phone Post
No action points. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.