UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Xcom in 2 weeks.

10/16/12 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ferox13
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets hope everyone hates it here - so I can pick up a cheap cpy soon :-)
10/16/12 6:37 PM
nrallen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm, I have a day off next week. Think this would be the ideal kinda of game to immerse myself in for a day. I will be playing on PS3 though, not PC. Any control or visual issues that might ruin the experience?
10/16/12 7:36 PM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should be ok. Graphics are best on a PC, but the controls are spot on. It's the only game so far I find works best with my XBOX 360 controller on my PC. Very intuitive controls for the controller in my opinion.
10/18/12 7:33 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/18/12 11:02 AM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying a new run tonight. I was having 2 soldiers die every mission. By month two I had to spend enough of my budget to replace them, so I couldn't build anything. Lost 3 countries at the beginning of month 3 lol
10/18/12 1:33 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IGN's strategy guide/wiki

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xcom-enemy-unknown
10/19/12 3:02 AM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Satellites are very important. Great game I wish there were more like it. Phone Post
10/19/12 6:36 AM
Amano Ginji
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ran through it on normal, easy but fun. Doing a new run on impossible, man it is so unforgiving. Mutons have 10 health now, got them on a mission just as i had gotten beam weapones ready. 5 man crew vs 9 mutons and 3 thin men, and mission description was "moderate" wtf? I don't want to think what very difficult brings.

Even with saving I still have to sacrifice guys on missions to make it, and i have to use 2 heavys for now just to be able to grind down their hp so the other guys need only 1 hit to take 'em down. Lost 6 countries so I'm pretty much screwed.

Def need to restart and rethink how the hell I'm going to keep them from leaving the project, just don't have time to get sattelites up early enough before they freak out cronic lack of engeneers freezes uplink production Phone Post
10/19/12 10:54 AM
killacox

for those who dont care about achievements using special names unlock hero soldiers. they are max rank with great stats and gear
10/19/12 10:59 AM
invalid

Damn, they lock you out of trophies/achievements?
10/19/12 11:10 AM
invalid

Amano Ginji -  ran through it on normal, easy but fun. Doing a new run on impossible, man it is so unforgiving. Mutons have 10 health now, got them on a mission just as i had gotten beam weapones ready. 5 man crew vs 9 mutons and 3 thin men, and mission description was "moderate" wtf? I don't want to think what very difficult brings.

Even with saving I still have to sacrifice guys on missions to make it, and i have to use 2 heavys for now just to be able to grind down their hp so the other guys need only 1 hit to take 'em down. Lost 6 countries so I'm pretty much screwed.

Def need to restart and rethink how the hell I'm going to keep them from leaving the project, just don't have time to get sattelites up early enough before they freak out cronic lack of engeneers freezes uplink production Phone Post

You're actually getting a dent into Impossible?

Teach me your ways.
10/19/12 11:20 AM
killacox

ya cause they come with end game gear so you could use them at the very start of a game and mess up balance
10/19/12 11:22 AM
choadler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On my second run of normal mode. F'd up my first go through, then restarted. Just loving this game. Question for the pros....

How do i up my offensive capabilities? Getting sick of shooting and missing with the plasma series of rifles. Seems like i miss a lot... Phone Post
10/19/12 11:25 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken Levine
Otto Zander
Sid Meier
Joe Kelly

Quite fun Phone Post
10/19/12 11:32 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

choadler - On my second run of normal mode. F'd up my first go through, then restarted. Just loving this game. Question for the pros....

How do i up my offensive capabilities? Getting sick of shooting and missing with the plasma series of rifles. Seems like i miss a lot... Phone Post
Positioning is everything, flank flank flank. Equip heavies with scopes, upgraded ones. Support is an acurate class at higher levels so they can take the linger shots. Itherwise a fully maxed out assault can do massive anounts if damage up close. A sniper with squad sight is awesome in a 7 man squad. Phone Post
10/19/12 12:47 PM
killacox

choadler -  On my second run of normal mode. F'd up my first go through, then restarted. Just loving this game. Question for the pros....

positioning so you flank. cover really impacts aim, as does shit like elevation. i think f1 key shows the breakdown

i use the hell out of grenades too. set up over watch positions then blow up their cover so they run and get hit with reaction fire
10/19/12 1:14 PM
KH Johnsen

Run and gun is the killer. You use that to flank your enemy while your heavies and support finish them off or soften then up. Have at least three assault class in a 6 man group. Phone Post
10/19/12 2:19 PM
invalid

Even on classic if I post up a guy in the middle with heavy cover to keep the enemy busy they get 1 hit. Overwatch doesn't work for traps that often since they stay outside its range, so I get the flank, but by that time I'm down a man and maybe dealing with panic.

Pretty much goes downhill from there since they turn on the flankers and end up flanking them.
10/19/12 3:49 PM
KH Johnsen

invalid - Even on classic if I post up a guy in the middle with heavy cover to keep the enemy busy they get 1 hit. Overwatch doesn't work for traps that often since they stay outside its range, so I get the flank, but by that time I'm down a man and maybe dealing with panic.

Pretty much goes downhill from there since they turn on the flankers and end up flanking them.
The playthrough on classic i'm on now was the same. I had two complete squad vipes, the key is to sortof get a stable situation with the panic. Im having trouble lvling up a decent squad for the final battle, i loose guys constantly. I aint easy. Phone Post
10/19/12 3:53 PM
invalid

It's rough for sure. It just sucks losing guys to the Random Number Generator Gods and having a great plan laid waste because your bunkered down Heavy behind cover drawing a guy's attention gets one shot killed while your flank guy misses a 60% no cover flank shot that would have saved him lol

That's X-Com :D
10/19/12 4:27 PM
killacox

try using a shiv as scout robots dont feel pain right? hope not cause i abuse the shit out of shivs. stealth suit helps out a ton because you may scout without reaction from enemies.

i run with 2 assault, sniper, support, heavy, and shiv. sometimes another heavy instead of the shiv. my idea is to play like the military; when in doubt, blow everything up
10/19/12 5:26 PM
invalid

I actually haven't built one of those yet. They just seem so expensive
10/23/12 6:21 AM
ItsTheFlash
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played a quick mission today. Pretty cool game.

Whats the series based on WW1 in the same style? You run a squad of soldiers to do missions etc?? Phone Post
10/24/12 12:43 AM
Nut Kicker
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a question for the people that have played it. Is campaign coop or just single? Phone Post
10/24/12 2:55 AM
KH Johnsen

Single only. Coop doesnt really make sense as its turn based. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.