UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Xcom in 2 weeks.

10/24/12 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nut Kicker
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright thanks for the reply. Phone Post
10/24/12 3:15 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No prob. You can of course coop. You just hand the controller to the other guy :-) Phone Post
10/25/12 10:56 AM
guesswhatchickenbutt
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the beginning of the game as easy as the second level of the demo?

Might throw down some money on this, but don't want to be fooled by the demo.
10/25/12 11:25 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The game is only easy if played on normal. Its very difficult on classic. Its frustrating as hell on impossible. Phone Post
10/25/12 7:34 PM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the fuck do i get past the last room? The second i enter, my whole squad gets mind controlled one after another. No chance! Im on normal to boot. Phone Post
10/26/12 4:37 AM
KH Johnsen

You run and gun. The ethereal has to be blasted in the first move. Or use a shiv Phone Post
10/26/12 4:37 AM
KH Johnsen

Oh you mean last mission. Psionic soldiers Phone Post
10/26/12 1:16 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guesswhatchickenbutt - Is the beginning of the game as easy as the second level of the demo?

I think it's the actual in-game tutorial.

11/2/12 2:37 PM
oldwrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am loving this game. Kind of wish it had a dramatic cinematic replay of the battles after they were done (like racing game replays) - would have been an awesome feature. Last turn based game I played was an old Mechwarrior game on a desktop IBM (piece of ancient history).
11/2/12 2:42 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wish it was longer
11/2/12 6:37 PM
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guesswhatchickenbutt - Is the beginning of the game as easy as the second level of the demo?

game can def be difficult for some. the cool thing is, if its too easy, one may make it harder for themselves.

take only 3 out for a mission or hell i think some were trying to solo it
11/3/12 2:25 PM
Deepy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never played the original game, but it always seemed like a great game. So I tried the demo for the new game and got drawn into it immediately. I just bought it and have been playing it since yesterday, great game so far. It really makes you mull over what to do next. Phone Post
11/11/12 6:10 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great game. Captured the majority of what made the original so damn fun.

Wish they kept the time units and the free aim tho. Phone Post
11/25/12 8:02 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Ordering this tomorrow. Found it online for like £22. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:47 PM
Squatdog

Got the game a couple of weeks ago and finished it pretty easily, with 19 hours played on normal.

It's simplistic compared to Jagged Alliance 2 and the like, but fun to play and very well presented, with great art direction.

I might run it through on 'classic' for more of a challenge.
11/25/12 11:41 PM
invalid

classic is the normal difficulty. you played on easy
11/26/12 12:18 AM
KH Johnsen

I'm really having a hard time on impossible. I dont think ill beat the game. Phone Post
11/26/12 3:36 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aliens fucking cheat on classic and impossible. They hit 20% shots at least 80% of the time. Fucking frustrating as shit Phone Post
11/26/12 5:27 PM
KH Johnsen

David Mortensen - Aliens fucking cheat on classic and impossible. They hit 20% shots at least 80% of the time. Fucking frustrating as shit Phone Post
No they dont cheat, they're just extremely powerful. Kinda like you'd imagine aliens invading earth would be. There is no room for tactical sloppiness. I always get my ass kicked cause i just have to move a little too fast, or take that 50\50 shot, ie its my own damned fault. I know that if i just follow protocol and move methodically it will work.

I just lost an impossible ironman game, and i even used Otto Zander as a tank. But i know it can be done. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:59 PM
Squatdog

Classic is a LOT harder than 'normal'.

Aliens just need one lucky crit to insta-gib soldiers and completely fuck you over.
11/27/12 6:41 AM
KH Johnsen

Anyone beat it on classic\impossible ironman yet?
I've beaten classic but not on ironman. Phone Post
11/27/12 11:28 AM
invalid

Nah, I haven't attempted a Classic Ironman after three failed attempts.

It's funny because you play on Normal and laugh at all the Thin Men. Then on Classic you realize they're more dangerous than Muttons and Chrysilids lol

FUCK

THOSE

GUYS
11/27/12 12:22 PM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still cannot beat last room on normal mode. Open door, minf controlled, game over.

Bug in game prevents me from using shiv in last mission. When i select shiv, mission starts, shiv appears as an mostly-black headless person. I can select nd move them, but it freezes the second i do. Very frustrating end to what was an overall great game. Phone Post
11/27/12 1:06 PM
KH Johnsen

choadler - Still cannot beat last room on normal mode. Open door, minf controlled, game over.

Bug in game prevents me from using shiv in last mission. When i select shiv, mission starts, shiv appears as an mostly-black headless person. I can select nd move them, but it freezes the second i do. Very frustrating end to what was an overall great game. Phone Post
A double tap sniper or a Squad Sight sniper, should be able to take out the Alien in the middle in the first turn. That wins the game. A few heavies with rockets might soften him up, for the kill by an assault run and gunning and rapid firing. Maybe your squad is underpowered, under-equipped or underlevelled? Should be majors mostly, especially your assault and sniper. Phone Post
11/27/12 1:08 PM
KH Johnsen

Oh and plasma equipment all-round. Try ghosting forward see if that works to position your guys in range, if they've got ghost armor that is. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.