UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Xcom in 2 weeks.

11/27/12 3:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm... Should I buy on 360 or PS3?

My PC can't run it and I'm not buying a new one any time soon so PC isn't an option. Phone Post
11/28/12 1:44 AM
Diaz 3:16
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hows the multiplayer?
11/28/12 10:34 AM
invalid
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's strangely addictive. You get a certain amount of points to create your squad with loadouts, abilities, etc (this includes playing as the aliens!).

So it's like playing something like tabletop Warhammer 40k on a small scale
11/28/12 10:35 AM
invalid
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Hmmmm... Should I buy on 360 or PS3?

My PC can't run it and I'm not buying a new one any time soon so PC isn't an option. Phone Post

It won't make much of a difference - I don't think there was any real difference in terms of graphics or performance. And I doubt you'll have many friends IRL playing multiplayer enough to base your decision on, so I guess whichever version you can find cheaper would be my pick
11/28/12 10:45 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Hmmmm... Should I buy on 360 or PS3?

It won't make much of a difference - I don't think there was any real difference in terms of graphics or performance. And I doubt you'll have many friends IRL playing multiplayer enough to base your decision on, so I guess whichever version you can find cheaper would be my pick
I read online that they are virtually identical except a few tiny differences, technically the Xbox version is better but the difference is so small it's barely noticeable.

Plus I found it on 360 cheaper so I bought it. Hopefully it will be here Friday so I can play it over the long weekend! :) Phone Post
12/1/12 4:37 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Play.com have let me down, been waiting almost a week and XCOM hasn't even been dispatched.

I'm going to go out and buy it from my traditional brick and mortar store today :)

How well has this game sold? Just curious... Phone Post
12/1/12 9:12 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunno. First week console was 114.000,
No idea bout totals. Is the a box office mojo site for games? Phone Post
12/1/12 11:51 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

So I've bought the game (really enjoying it so far) and I've read online that adjacency is a pretty big deal. I was wondering, do facilities have to be next to each other on the same level or can one be on a higher level and the other be on the level directly below in the same position and still receive an adjacency bonus? Phone Post
12/1/12 11:53 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Need... Engineers... :( Phone Post
12/1/12 12:37 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

^ Never mind I figured it out.

Yes, adjacency bonuses do work vertically :) Phone Post
12/1/12 12:38 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - So I've bought the game (really enjoying it so far) and I've read online that adjacency is a pretty big deal. I was wondering, do facilities have to be next to each other on the same level or can one be on a higher level and the other be on the level directly below in the same position and still receive an adjacency bonus? Phone Post
Horisontally and vertically both give bonus. Phone Post
12/1/12 2:02 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Ohh man, UFO-0 is a pain in the ass... Phone Post
12/1/12 2:03 PM
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too easy to get mind controlled..pisses me off
12/1/12 3:10 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Ahh shit... I didn't realise it took so long to make satellites, I've just been making the uplinks because I thought you got a free satellite with the adjacency bonus... Didn't realise I had to fucking build the thing lol.

Only got 2 satellites in the air, one of North America and one over China... :( Phone Post
12/1/12 3:23 PM
KH Johnsen

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Ahh shit... I didn't realise it took so long to make satellites, I've just been making the uplinks because I thought you got a free satellite with the adjacency bonus... Didn't realise I had to fucking build the thing lol.

Only got 2 satellites in the air, one of North America and one over China... :( Phone Post
What difficulty are you playing? Phone Post
12/1/12 3:27 PM
KH Johnsen

Rightious K - too easy to get mind controlled..pisses me off
Yeah. Gotta be carefull with those fuckers. They gotta go down quick.
Had a six man squad run into three sectoid commanders, they proceed to mindcontrol three of my six. Luckily i had two heavies. Their rockets softenes the buggers up so my rookies grenade could finnish em of. This was on impossible and the most luck I've ever had in game. Phone Post
12/1/12 4:26 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

KH Johnsen -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Ahh shit... I didn't realise it took so long to make satellites, I've just been making the uplinks because I thought you got a free satellite with the adjacency bonus... Didn't realise I had to fucking build the thing lol.

What difficulty are you playing? Phone Post
Normal, lol, I just got the game today.

I can't fucking believe it. My best soldier died in the last mission I played (fucking floaters came out of nowhere) so instinctively I reverted to last save only to realise I haven't saved in like 3 hours... Got a lot of ground to re-cover now... Phone Post
12/1/12 4:28 PM
KH Johnsen

Yeah first game is only training. You'll do better second run. Phone Post
12/1/12 4:52 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Pretty disappointed I haven't got any Scottish soldier in my squad. I hired like 15 recruits trying to find one and I didn't get any :( Phone Post
12/1/12 9:29 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

What's the best way to take out those disc things?

They have so much health and can inflict so much damage it's a fucking joke! I'm doing a Very Hard mission in Argentina and it's fucking insane. I've had to restart about 5 times... Phone Post
12/1/12 10:20 PM
KH Johnsen

And up close double shot with an assault or two. Phone Post
12/1/12 10:32 PM
KH Johnsen

If you have a sniper with disabling shot that will buy you an extra round to take it down. Phone Post
12/1/12 11:03 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Phew, after about 10 attempts I finally completed the Very Hard mission.

The Chrysalis' actually gave me the most trouble in the end, using Run N' Gun then two shots with an Assault worked like a charm against the CyberDiscs. It was an impressive victory, it was very scrappy but I held my own and got out of there with 0 casualties :) Phone Post
12/2/12 2:37 AM
KH Johnsen

Sometimes Chryssalids require a tactical withdrawal to set up a few hard hitter with safe shots. It's terrifying if you spring two or three packs at once on a terror mission, and they can wipe out even strong squads if you're not careful. Phone Post
12/2/12 2:47 AM
invalid

Heat rounds for your heavies - you have to have that. It's like squad sight with snipers

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.