UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Xcom in 2 weeks.

12/2/12 6:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - Heat rounds for your heavies - you have to have that. It's like squad sight with snipers
I picked the other one for both my heavies :(.

Ohh well, it's my first playthrough, this is all a learning experience. Phone Post
12/2/12 6:21 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KH Johnsen - Sometimes Chryssalids require a tactical withdrawal to set up a few hard hitter with safe shots. It's terrifying if you spring two or three packs at once on a terror mission, and they can wipe out even strong squads if you're not careful. Phone Post
It was a Very Hard Terror Mission I was stuck on for ages. Must have been about 15 of those cunts... But, I did it! :) Phone Post
12/2/12 8:03 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can look forward to classic then ;) Phone Post
12/2/12 9:37 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

KH Johnsen - You can look forward to classic then ;) Phone Post
Ohh man... That's gonna be brutal lol :)

Can't wait though, I welcome the challenge. Just discovered the Alien Base but one of my main guys is injured... I have to use a replacement soldier so I'm going to have to be extra cautious, lol. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:28 AM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

Can't wait though, I welcome the challenge. Just discovered the Alien Base but one of my main guys is injured... I have to use a replacement soldier so I'm going to have to be extra cautious, lol. Phone Post
You should wait till hes healed. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:44 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

KH Johnsen -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

I can't, he had 6 days left and when I go to mission control I have to take the mission, can't fast forward time and I don't want to wait hours for him to recover. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:45 AM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Into the meat grinder haha
12/2/12 10:52 AM
KH Johnsen

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
KH Johnsen -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

I can't, he had 6 days left and when I go to mission control I have to take the mission, can't fast forward time and I don't want to wait hours for him to recover. Phone Post
U sure? I can. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:53 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Wait, I realised what I'm doing wrong. My soldier is healed now, lets do this shit! :) Phone Post
12/2/12 10:57 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Ohh fuck... Very Difficult Terror Mission in Egypt :(

Why now!? Phone Post
12/2/12 10:57 AM
KH Johnsen

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Ohh fuck... Very Difficult Terror Mission in Egypt :(

Why now!? Phone Post
Thats xcom baby! Good luck, oh and have fun getting your ass kicked. Phone Post
12/2/12 10:59 AM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

start a new campaign on Classic, fail it, then go back to this one.

All will seem better
12/2/12 11:24 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

KH Johnsen -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Ohh fuck... Very Difficult Terror Mission in Egypt :(

Why now!? Phone Post
Thats xcom baby! Good luck, oh and have fun getting your ass kicked. Phone Post
I managed to get through it with only one casualty. The soldier that died was the most expendable of the group so I'm not too bothered.

Goodbye Major. Pieter "Collateral" Peters! You were a loyal soldier, with a stupid name... Phone Post
12/2/12 11:36 AM
KH Johnsen

If you want to prepare for the harder difficulties, you might wanna check out this guy.

http://youtu.be/z9zJE9GodMQ

Hes got some safe strategies even though he gets punished hard for his mistakes. Phone Post
12/3/12 2:34 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

choadler -  Still cannot beat last room on normal mode. Open door, minf controlled, game over.

Bug in game prevents me from using shiv in last mission. When i select shiv, mission starts, shiv appears as an mostly-black headless person. I can select nd move them, but it freezes the second i do. Very frustrating end to what was an overall great game. Phone Post

Ghost armor is a must IMO. Put it on everyone if you can except for your Psi guy.

Not necessarily for assault because they can run and gun into the room (this is the reason a PSI op is best as an assault person) but before you do that you need to set up your sniper and heavies invisibly. Support guys might have enough movement with extra 3 squares to also get in and attack from outside the room

Send your static shooters in 1st and keep them ghosted and covered and move everyone else in the next round after the heavy has unloaded his scatter missile.

Double tap everyone to death with your sniper.
Run and gun double shots to finish who's left.

You will probably lose someone but you should have enough power to take out the etherals almost instantly.
12/3/12 3:08 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

^ Do you unlock Ghost Armour after Titan Armour? Phone Post
12/3/12 3:40 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes you do.

Can't get ghost without Titan armor. You also need Hyperwave communication.

12/3/12 3:44 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

fingers 'n' teeth - yes you do.

Can't get ghost without Titan armor. You also need Hyperwave communication.

Cool. All my guys except my sniper have Titan Armour equipped, sniper has archangel.

I'll probably hold off on doing the last mission until I've researched Ghost Armour. Phone Post
12/4/12 10:07 AM
KH Johnsen

Was getting frustrated with impossible so i went back and ran through normal. Im quite surprised at how many hours of fun are in this game. Phone Post
12/4/12 10:54 AM
invalid

impossible to normal? are you sure you don't mean classic?
12/4/12 10:56 AM
KH Johnsen

Nope normal. Its a breeze! Phone Post
12/4/12 11:06 AM
invalid

Yeah, normal is almost over the top easy after you've played it enough. I meant from Classic to Normal. I can't imagine playing on Impossible other than for a laugh (to murder all my guys lol)
12/4/12 11:15 AM
KH Johnsen

I'm getting past the first few months on impossible now. It never feels easy or as you're in control. Always barely scraping by. Phone Post
12/4/12 11:16 AM
invalid

that's still pretty damn impressive. I get absolutely murdered.

I really need to be more patient when playing, with things like squad movement. i get frustrated lol
12/4/12 11:18 AM
KH Johnsen

invalid - that's still pretty damn impressive. I get absolutely murdered.

I really need to be more patient when playing, with things like squad movement. i get frustrated lol
Yeah you really need to be disciplined. I posted a youtube link on the last page. That dude pretty much sums up how you need to play. He makes mistakes too though. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.