UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> R.I.P Evan Tanner

9/26/12 1:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nicknitro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Came across a tribute to him on Youtube and realized the anniversary of his death just recently passed.

What a deep thinker this guy was, really a sad loss.

This is for you Evan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8t2s4dVOM
9/26/12 1:36 PM
UKTT`s official bottom wiper
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

9/26/12 1:40 PM
shorebreaker420
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post
9/26/12 1:43 PM
Nicknitro

shorebreaker420 -  Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post

That was the first UFC PPV I ever watched, pretty much my first experience with MMA in general. He had the samurai hairstyle that fight too.
9/26/12 2:09 PM
shorebreaker420
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nicknitro -
shorebreaker420 -  Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post

That was the first UFC PPV I ever watched, pretty much my first experience with MMA in general. He had the samurai hairstyle that fight too.
1st time i saw ufc, back in 2000, rented ufc 2 and 3 from a lil movie rental place that had jus opened up.. I never looked back, i breath mma... I check these apps ever 20 minutes through out the day, im obessed Phone Post
9/26/12 2:12 PM
disbeliever
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
He was an awesome guy
9/26/12 2:20 PM
athsportsnutrition
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did that documentary ever come out?? Phone Post
9/26/12 2:22 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 - Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post
Great fight Phone Post
9/26/12 2:23 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was the first high-level professional I ever sparred with. Was 2002, and I was on a business trip. Ended up training at Team Quest for 2 days.

Such a nice guy. We only did stand up, and went about 6 rounds. It was so fun.

RIP Tanner!
9/27/12 3:44 AM
Pilot201
1580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump...
9/27/12 4:51 AM
sweet n sassy
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

athsportsnutrition - Did that documentary ever come out?? Phone Post
This. Once I was a champion seems like a GOAT documentary Phone Post
9/27/12 10:07 AM
Tom O'Bedlam
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit that was the most awesome beatdown ever.  Young kid, cocky, finishing everyone who got stomped the fuck out by some old guy with a no-nonsense attitude in the cage.

Brilliant. 

9/28/12 2:49 AM
Pro Ice
1795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

9/28/12 2:52 AM
DamirioN
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
9/28/12 9:33 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 - Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post
Fuck man, Evan tanner may not have been my favorite fighter, but he was definitely one of my favorite people involved with fighting, just as a human being. Phone Post
9/28/12 10:03 AM
Snakey

RIP
9/28/12 10:36 AM
jkennedy
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

G-Hands - He was the first high-level professional I ever sparred with. Was 2002, and I was on a business trip. Ended up training at Team Quest for 2 days.

Such a nice guy. We only did stand up, and went about 6 rounds. It was so fun.

RIP Tanner!
I had a similar experience. Rolled a couple rounds with him in the fall of '04 at TQ.

Learned a ton from him and stuffed two sub attempts (although he could have smashed me at any point). Had always been a huge fan of his and the next year watching him win the title was awesome.

RIP Phone Post
9/28/12 10:45 AM
Altofsky
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There aren't many people I can say this about honestly, but the world is far worse off without Evan in it.

It's not very often that the world loses an irreplaceable mind. We did when Evan died.

It's nice to see that his spirit does live in in some. The closest people I can compare him to in the sport would be Enson and Shane Carwin. Genuinely good people that want nothing but the best for others.

And yes, watching Evan beat the christ out of Terrell was absolutely priceless.

9/28/12 8:10 PM
Jack Furious
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you for the link

a huge loss big enough to feel sorry for those that missed out, but his soul is finally free, and wherever he is now, he's helping others. the fact that he left us, to me just reinforces my believe in the infinite nature of consciousness because no force could stamp out that soul. He was asked if he was ready and for his own reasons he was, probably just because it was a new adventure. If that werent the case he would have ended up pushing his bike and gear out of the desert six days later.

If he didn't have something better to do he would have walked out of the desert simply because the sun told him he couldn't.
9/29/12 5:24 PM
willmarks1991

RIP Phone Post
9/29/12 5:34 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recently met Evan's sister at the airport as i was leaving for vegas. Evan has always been and will always be a big inspiration in my life and the lives of so many others. His sister was so nice and it was such an honor to meet her. Continue to RIP Evan Tanner! I personally feel Evan Tanner should be in the UFC hall of fame for many many reasons. just my humble opinion
9/29/12 5:48 PM
GNPfan
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the nicest fighters I ever met. Super cool dude. I remember the Terrell fight like it was yesterday. One of my favorite fights of his. Strange thing that I will always remember about that fight was Tanner put his mouth piece in his waist band prior to the ref instructions in the middle of the cage, Tanner never took it out of his waist band and during the fight it fell out. He fought that fight without his mouth piece. Just a strange random thing I remember besides the beatdown he gave out.
9/29/12 6:01 PM
Truemanc3
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A huge loss!

RIP
9/29/12 6:15 PM
BravoPUA
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP

And was hoping if see the movie by now so I could know more about him. Phone Post
9/29/12 6:32 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy was amazing. Learning from the original Gracie tapes and then eventually becoming a champ. Hell the guy wanted to have a rematch with Heath for crying out loud. The dude had huge balls. RIP

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.