UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> R.I.P Evan Tanner

10/1/12 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP.

Rocking my yearly Evan Tanner beard as we speak.. I missed bumping that thread this year.

The people who have posted so far in this thread who are rocking red arrows are getting a vote up from me until I run out.

10/2/12 3:29 AM
Captain Epic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Great fighter, greater man. really wish we could see that documentary Phone Post
10/3/12 12:49 AM
The Professional
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened with "once I was a champion?" I remember the buzz well over a year ago. The website hasn't had an update for almost as long. Phone Post
10/3/12 12:49 AM
MMAAdvertising
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gone but never forgotten, Evan's memory and his lasting impact will forever be remembered. 

Believe in the power of ONE.

Rest in Peace Evan. You are missed. 

10/3/12 10:50 AM
Diesel67
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/12 10:50 AM

Here's Tanner's face after David Loiseau's elbows got thru with him.  The Crow had the best elbows in the business at the time - the title has since passed to Bones Jones.  What ever became of The Crow?

RIP Tanner.

10/3/12 10:55 AM
MMAAdvertising
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice to see these threads but sad at the same time.

10/3/12 10:55 AM
Big Pun
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evan was just a guy born out of his time.
10/3/12 11:13 AM
Greenup
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seemed like a great man R.I.P. Phone Post
10/6/12 1:11 AM
Believe in the Power of One
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife may be pregnant (too soon to be positive), and if it is a boy, she is letting me name him "Evan Tanner or Tanner Evan".
10/7/12 12:58 AM
fuerstma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going through a rough time in my life and (in spite of my reluctance at reaching out socially) started chatting with Mr. Tanner. During my darker times he was quite pleasant and encouraged me to keep on training. Hate to look back and second guess, but I'm sure he himself was going through some dark times himself.

Needless to say, he made a fan for life which continues until this very day. Getting emotional just thinking about it. Hope Evan is still rockin' today.
10/9/12 3:45 AM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 - 
Nicknitro -
shorebreaker420 -  Everybody thought that Terrell guy was the next best thing, Tanner came in the beat the brakes off that boy.. Ill never forget that fight Phone Post

That was the first UFC PPV I ever watched, pretty much my first experience with MMA in general. He had the samurai hairstyle that fight too.
1st time i saw ufc, back in 2000, rented ufc 2 and 3 from a lil movie rental place that had jus opened up.. I never looked back, i breath mma... I check these apps ever 20 minutes through out the day, im obessed Phone Post

That's quite a refreshing statement.
10/9/12 5:21 AM
sexypex

You had to bring it up didn't you :*(

RIP EVAN!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! PLEASE FIND ETERNAL PEACE AND FULFILLMENT AFTER DEATH NOBODY DESERVES IT MORE THAN YOU BROTHA!!!
10/10/12 10:55 AM
MMAAdvertising

fuerstma - I was going through a rough time in my life and (in spite of my reluctance at reaching out socially) started chatting with Mr. Tanner. During my darker times he was quite pleasant and encouraged me to keep on training. Hate to look back and second guess, but I'm sure he himself was going through some dark times himself.

Needless to say, he made a fan for life which continues until this very day. Getting emotional just thinking about it. Hope Evan is still rockin' today.

Awesome story. 

10/10/12 12:48 PM
BravoPUA
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

posted 23 mins ago on their FACEBOOK PAGE

WE ARE VERY PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE:
"Once I was a Champion" will officially be released nationwide on Friday December 28th 2012 on Pay Per View at 9pm. After the PPV window it will go out to the broader public (VOD, Cable, TV, Netflix, etc.). Thank you all for your interest and continued support. We couldn't have done it without you!!!
10/10/12 6:55 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Evan. Your words and actions live on through those you inspired. Phone Post
10/12/12 1:33 PM
sk8actr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like someone else mentioned, it's amazing he taught himself BJJ through the Gracie video's and went on to be a champion. RIP Evan!
10/13/12 3:03 AM
Michael Kn1ght

RIP too a legend. Phone Post
10/13/12 2:22 PM
tanner904

Crazy he taught him self by watching videos! No one could ever get to UFC level teaching them self off the tv these days that's just nuts! Phone Post
10/13/12 2:23 PM
tanner904

Oh damn my bad I didn't go to the last page first I see its already been mentioned. Forgive me I don't post alot Phone Post
10/13/12 9:42 PM
bruddahoodaman
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still get misty eyed watching the trailer for the documentary. really hope to see it someday.
10/13/12 10:20 PM
Narcolepsy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When is the documentary coming out? Isn't it being release on PPV in January?
10/13/12 10:25 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I'm pretty sure I made some dumbass comments about him going into the desert without enough water, fuel, etc.

I have no room to comment on him. He was truely ahead of his time.  RIP brother.

10/16/12 3:07 AM
Hel13torm
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made that highlight last year, rest in peace Evan.

Tanner was a great fighter with unmatchable amounts of heart,

became a big fan after his 1st battle with Baroni.

10/16/12 3:30 PM
ausgepicht

These threads are a double edged sword for me. They bum me out when I see them, but Evan deserves to be remembered. One of the coolest fighters I ever met. Also the ONLY fighter I ever met that was meeting fans on HIS fight night. Other fighters were napping, listening to music and warming up. He was meeting with fans. 90 minutes later he was in the ring fighting Baroni....when Baroni was looking like a beast. Nerves of steel. RIP Tanner. 

10/17/12 12:50 AM
JohnChandler

ausgepicht - 

These threads are a double edged sword for me. They bum me out when I see them, but Evan deserves to be remembered. One of the coolest fighters I ever met. Also the ONLY fighter I ever met that was meeting fans on HIS fight night. Other fighters were napping, listening to music and warming up. He was meeting with fans. 90 minutes later he was in the ring fighting Baroni....when Baroni was looking like a beast. Nerves of steel. RIP Tanner. 

Which event was this? 45 or 48?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.