UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> R.I.P Evan Tanner

10/17/12 11:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian McLaughlin
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was an incredible tribute video with the song "society" that came out right after Evan passed, if anyone could find it I would be very grateful 

10/17/12 11:46 PM
HAMMER
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R.I.P.
10/18/12 4:25 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnChandler - 
ausgepicht - 

These threads are a double edged sword for me. They bum me out when I see them, but Evan deserves to be remembered. One of the coolest fighters I ever met. Also the ONLY fighter I ever met that was meeting fans on HIS fight night. Other fighters were napping, listening to music and warming up. He was meeting with fans. 90 minutes later he was in the ring fighting Baroni....when Baroni was looking like a beast. Nerves of steel. RIP Tanner. 

Which event was this? 45 or 48?

It was UFC 45. Still have the pic too. WARRIOR.

10/18/12 7:50 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Brian McLaughlin - 

There was an incredible tribute video with the song "society" that came out right after Evan passed, if anyone could find it I would be very grateful 

There you go brother.

RIP Evan Tanner

10/18/12 7:50 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Starts after the report from Straka. I have goosebumps and there is clearly something stuck in my eye....botht of them actually.

10/18/12 7:51 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

In case this hasn't been seen by all

10/18/12 7:54 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Shit I haven't cried at work since my dog died. Time to take a walk. What a great person.

10/18/12 7:56 PM
Seamus619

We really lost a good one when Tanner went. Phone Post
10/18/12 8:01 PM
JayRoc
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are missed Evan, the world needs more like you.
10/18/12 8:43 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

TTT

10/18/12 8:52 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

I think this is the full one Brian Mc. was talking about....

10/18/12 8:54 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Same song different photos (some)

10/19/12 2:48 AM
Brian McLaughlin
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unforutnately those aren't the ones, it was somewhere on Dailymotion, still great tributes all the same

10/19/12 3:01 AM
Mark Bocek
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Phone Post
10/19/12 9:14 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Brian McLaughlin - 

Unforutnately those aren't the ones, it was somewhere on Dailymotion, still great tributes all the same

Yeah Mike Straka in that news clip said someone posted it on Evan's Myspace...anyone better at the interwebz than I am might be able to track it down. I suck and just searched youtube...lol

10/19/12 1:01 PM
Pito Chueco
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://archive.mensjournal.com/tanner

Worth a re-read if anyone hasn't seen this one.

10/19/12 1:04 PM
Pito Chueco
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian McLaughlin - 

I think the one you were thinking of was by something like Machine Head. It was well produced, but all the links I found for it are broken.
10/19/12 1:11 PM
Pito Chueco

Edited: 10/19/12 1:12 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rcvn_evan-tanner-1971-2008-by-machinemen_sport
10/19/12 1:14 PM
Pito Chueco

Not the one you were looking for but the best one IMO.
10/19/12 3:48 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Edited: 10/19/12 3:49 PM
Pito Chueco - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rcvn_evan-tanner-1971-2008-by-machinemen_sport

hope that worked...

10/19/12 3:49 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

wierd, won't let me embed...

10/19/12 11:55 PM
fuerstma

So.. back in the day.. Evan was using MySpace (I guess I don't need to preface this with "back in the day", since the MySpace mention is self explanatory)...

Anyone else remember when Evan was starting his MMA school in .. I think it was Oregon? He was renovating .. I think it was a Colonial or Trilevel himself, with the idea that he would operate a free MMA school himself. He was going to make bunks for the guys to sleep in, and they would go running in the hills of Oregon each morning... and then train MMA within the house.

All this was going to be free.. and Evan was doing all the work himself. He would post updates as he did work in the house. When you think about it.. this was a much more intimate and real look into a persons life than you get in the faux "real world" of twitter....

Anyway... I wish I had taken some screen shots of Evans progress. It was really cool.. I think he had a student or two come and help in building the house, but it never really got complete.

Truly giving back... props Evan!
10/20/12 12:28 AM
Golden Boy
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuerstma - So.. back in the day.. Evan was using MySpace (I guess I don't need to preface this with "back in the day", since the MySpace mention is self explanatory)...

Anyone else remember when Evan was starting his MMA school in .. I think it was Oregon? He was renovating .. I think it was a Colonial or Trilevel himself, with the idea that he would operate a free MMA school himself. He was going to make bunks for the guys to sleep in, and they would go running in the hills of Oregon each morning... and then train MMA within the house.

All this was going to be free.. and Evan was doing all the work himself. He would post updates as he did work in the house. When you think about it.. this was a much more intimate and real look into a persons life than you get in the faux "real world" of twitter....

Anyway... I wish I had taken some screen shots of Evans progress. It was really cool.. I think he had a student or two come and help in building the house, but it never really got complete.

Truly giving back... props Evan!

Yeah, that didn't go very well. He meant well and I remember him telling me that he needed something with meaning to get him to stop drinking. Our friendship was rocky to say best at that point of his life. When the "foundation" actually happened it was a complete mess. I called him and cussed him out and told him drinking was going to kill him. That it was just a matter of time before I got the call that he had drank himself to death or worse killed a faimly in a drunken driving accident.

He did sober up and we talked a few times before he died No more than both of us going through the motions just being nice. I learned a lession from Evan at the end of the day. I miss him and would have liked to have that conversation that we were both too stubborn to have.

I had my last drink 1/27/2010. That date with the say he died is tattooed on my wrist. Believe in the power of one means sonething different to so many whose life he touched.
10/20/12 11:49 AM
Pito Chueco

Nice post^

Speaking of the Myspace posts he made, I loved the one where he was riding his motorcycle across country or something, and ran out of gas in the middle of the night.

If I recall, he was somewhat near a freinds house, but didn't want to call to wake them with it being late.

He ended up pushing the bike a few miles up and down some hills to get to a gas station.

Like a boss.
10/20/12 1:38 PM
uniquetechnique
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True Story:
I have been to several UFC's here in Las Vegas. So usually during weigh ins..soon afterwards, you will always get a couple of the UFC guys hanging around giving Autographs..I would say they would usually not hang out for more than an hour after the signings and so forth. Evan Tanner would ALWAYS I mean ALWAYS, stick around till almost the last person leaves, I witnessed it 3 times. He would have his UFC championship belt around his shoulder, then he would take pictures and sign and shoot the shit with anyone..True class guy. *Shed a tear* We will miss you Brotha.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.