UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MacDonald: I have to do things my way

9/26/12 2:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“It’s been tough [waiting for my injury to heal]. I’m ready to fight right away. I’m not one to sit on the sidelines. But it seems like I can’t stop getting injured in training. I’m going to make changes in how I prepare for fights and to do things my way from now on. It’s going to let me fight a lot more. I’m going to take fights on shorter notice. I’m learning from the older guys and see how they prepare for fights, like the two months of training camp. I’m tired of that. I’ll fight more often.”

“I’m feeling a lot better now. I’m able to do technique, hit pads and do conditioning. That brings up my spirits, rather than sitting on my ass. I’m putting what happened behind me and starting camp in two weeks.”

“I’ll still be training at Tristar. But I have to do things my way. At the end of the day, I’m the one getting in the cage and taking the risk and I’m the one making the final call.”

9/26/12 2:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guy who says he will do his own thing.

Ok.

So why doesn't he start with how he dresses rather than copy every other young hipster? Phone Post
9/26/12 2:16 PM
CrimeBoss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's such a douche now,I can't wait for BJ to humble this cocky Canadian. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:16 PM
OSBtro11

VTFD^ Phone Post
9/26/12 2:17 PM
OSBtro11

To first post Phone Post
9/26/12 2:17 PM
UGCTT_iPickedKaufman
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else see him saying "I want to do my own thing" as "I'm soon going to leave Tristar so I can fight GSP"?

9/26/12 2:18 PM
Player 1

Edited: 09/26/12 2:18 PM
lol @ Macdonald.
9/26/12 2:20 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

dont want to wait on the sidelines? ready to fight now? will take fights on short notice?

uhhh...u werent sayhing this when you got cut

9/26/12 2:26 PM
Brian J DSouza

Guys, Rory just means training with a different schedule or rhythm in the gym that's gonna top him from having headaches like injuries.

Sometimes it also means picking your sparring partners carefully, or the type of sparring guys do.

This stuff has cost him money and momentum, and those are hard to get back due to accidents.
9/26/12 2:29 PM
CrimeBoss

Media Monster -

I dig the Kid's attitude; straightforward, headstrong, unapologetic but short of cocky. 

If he beats BJ i want to see him against Nick Diaz (if/when he comes back)

Me too,winner gets title shot. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:33 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Rory and I take him over b.j.
B.J. Has never really impressed me at welterweight and should stay at lightweight where he is considered one of the best ever.

And who cares how he dresses as long as he comes out an fights the way he does i will always be a fan. Phone Post
9/26/12 2:36 PM
silversurfer

CrimeBoss -  He's such a douche now,I can't wait for BJ to humble this cocky Canadian. Phone Post

Cocky? How do you get he's 'Cocky' from what he said there? He said "I’m learning from the older guys and see how they prepare for fights", cocky would be "I'm gonna teach those old guys a lesson"

I can't remember Rory saying or doing anything that would be construed as cocky. You got any examples of this cockiness?
9/26/12 2:57 PM
Ben Rothwells Corn
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems like the kind of guy that would rub me the wrong way if I knew him. He seems like kind of a weird guy in interviews and the way he dresses doesn't help Phone Post
9/26/12 2:58 PM
TheFlyingGentlemen

UGCTT_iPickedKaufman -

Does anyone else see him saying "I want to do my own thing" as "I'm soon going to leave Tristar so I can fight GSP"?

Yes Phone Post
9/26/12 3:01 PM
UGCTT_iPickedKaufman
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Rothwells Corn -  He seems like the kind of guy that would rub me the wrong way if I knew him. He seems like kind of a weird guy in interviews and the way he dresses doesn't help Phone Post

My take on him is he's just a really nerdy guy.  Totally socially awkward.  If you watch his first few times that he was on UFC Central on Sportsnet in Canada he was so nervous he could hardly speak.  Showdown Joe kept telling him to speak up and stuff.  And he really had a hard time looking up at the camera.  He's really just a young kid who is unsure of himself when he is doing anything other than fighting.

9/26/12 3:04 PM
ShadoKhan
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it'll be interesting to see him grow up and come into his own.

will be interesting if he leaves tristar, but not too sure if he will yet....

9/26/12 3:06 PM
notsobigmike
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPickedKaufman - 

Yes. This is exactly how I read it.
9/26/12 3:08 PM
Anvil Armbar

Rory came to our gym to train for a week when he was 14 years old (just BJJ), and not only was he incredibly talented, but a really nice kid.

Lots of time has passed since then, but I do not see him coming off as cocky, and appreciate the fact that he wants to fight more often and is smart enough to determine this at his young age he needs to change his training routine to do so.
9/26/12 3:18 PM
Swamuel McSwamuelson

his hair is ridiculous.
9/26/12 3:19 PM
MMALOGIC

sounds like he's one step away from telling Firas Zahabi to take his "we dont fight teammates" nonsense and get lost.

9/26/12 3:35 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO

DBSH
9/26/12 4:12 PM
Seraldo Babalu
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was waiting for Chris Hansen to appear and ask Rory to take a seat.
9/26/12 4:22 PM
theGunt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he cocky or is he just a socially awkward nerd with superpowers? The guy can beat up 99% of the population, maybe he deserves to be a little cocky. I know plenty of cocky asshats who have no real reason to act the way they do, and have nothing to back it up with. Phone Post
9/26/12 4:44 PM
sgotwalks
1611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, so this is where all the fashion fags come to hang out. My mistake, must have made a wrong turn at the door. I'm just gonna head back over there to that other thread where the cool guys are hangin out. 

9/26/12 5:11 PM
victorpoprock
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

every time I see an interview with Rory I dislike him even more. I want to like him so bad too!

The more media attention this kid gets, the more he's going to be hated. He has that same cocky "I'm the coolest cat waking the face of the earth" attitude that Koscheck has. Thats not going to win you any fans Rory. Get over yourself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.