UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Rob Liefeld at it again

9/26/12 2:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/26/assistant-editor-brian-smith-leaves-dc-rob-liefeld-sticks-the-knife-in/

Brian Smith, assistant editor at DC Comics, and co-writer of Stuff Of Legend just tweeted;

Half an hour earlier, Rob Liefeld, who stormed out of DC in a blaze of tweets, added a new one;

Answering if he’d return to DC as a result;

9/26/12 2:12 PM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erik Larsen joined in with

Rob concluded;

Consider that bridge burnt to cinders…

9/26/12 4:08 PM
ubik
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant we nominate for a medal anyone who drives Liefeld out of comics?
9/26/12 10:05 PM
Hemlock
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few thoughts on Liefeld's Twitter page

1) The Deadpool image is actually pretty good

2) Seeing DP there without a zillion pouches and his feet showing and villains who are holding guns as if they were actually drawn with the guns makes me think that pic is a great big "YEAH I HEAR YOU ASSHOLES. LOOK AT THIS YO"

3) I am afraid more than ever for DC's existence.
9/28/12 2:02 PM
JJitsu
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hated him when he took over for McFarlane on spidey, seemed like a rip off of McF but what did he do that makes everyone hate him so much now? Sorry if thats a stupid question but I quit paying attention to most comics after they did the Clone thing and brought back Gwen Stacy and Norman Osbourne...Blasphemous crap. 

9/28/12 4:41 PM
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJitsu - 

I hated him when he took over for McFarlane on spidey, seemed like a rip off of McF but what did he do that makes everyone hate him so much now? Sorry if thats a stupid question but I quit paying attention to most comics after they did the Clone thing and brought back Gwen Stacy and Norman Osbourne...Blasphemous crap. 

His work is widely (not universally) thought of as juvenile and an example of style over substance, and he's widely reported as being an asshole to work with (see above tweets), swiping other peoples artwork, being lazy in general, and has had sketchy business dealings with people he's worked with.
9/28/12 9:18 PM
Liyon
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you talking about Liefeld or Larsen? Larsen took over Spidey after McFarlane.
9/28/12 11:26 PM
JJitsu
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

your right! I hated Larsen, Leifeld was New Mutants right?...I liked him. Didnt know he was a dick.

9/29/12 4:18 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jbapk - 
JJitsu - 

His work is widely (not universally) thought of as juvenile and an example of style over substance, and he's widely reported as being an asshole to work with (see above tweets), swiping other peoples artwork, being lazy in general, and has had sketchy business dealings with people he's worked with.

Go back and look at those old Larsen Spiderman's...aside from the crazy webbs, larsen didn't draw anything like Mcfarlane....he was actually better in retrospect
10/1/12 11:24 AM
Kneeblock
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wild each it LOL that meets their naked. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.