UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> cant get wrist technique on the clean correct

9/26/12 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No matter how I try, I cant seem to get that full wrist extension on the clean and I have a hard time getting the bar to land on my shoulders. Any good tips or drills to perfect this technique?
9/26/12 10:10 PM
None So Blind
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The section on the clean in "Starting Strength" is about 40 pages of technical goodness - if the answer to any problem you have is not in there, I'd be shocked...but in that event, you could always ask Rip on his website...
9/27/12 12:50 AM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak, google wrist flexibility. There's some good stretches by Dan John out there addressing this topic. Try Youtube for those. I think thats where I saw them.

My wrist flexibility is TERRIBLE. Its impossible for me to clean correctly currently. I recently did a Olympic Lifting seminar with Jon North and he was amazed at how little flexibility I have in my wrists.

He told me to be diligent with the stretching and eventually I'll be ok. Seems like it is going to take a while though
9/27/12 1:14 AM
damion
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out Kelly Starett's MWOD site. He has a bunch of drills to help improve the rack position.

you can also play with grip width and if you are death gripping the bar, don't. It's okay to just have a few fingers under the bar when it's on the shoulders.
9/27/12 1:18 AM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me to man. Every time I do a clean I always end up in a front military press position with my palms facing forward. it's ridiculous!

All the videos of the pros and Olympic lifting competitors always end up with there palms facing up and the bar hanging on their fingertips. I wonder if my short index fingers have something to do with it also.
9/27/12 1:19 AM
cheesesteak

thanks damion. I'll check that out

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.