UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy in it for the love, not the money

9/26/12 5:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I’m doing this sport for no other reason than I love it and that’s really the bottom line for me. If I was looking to make a load of money, I would be a boxer. Obviously, now we’re seeing Jon Jones picking up Nike sponsorships, there’s money to be made now, but when I got into it, it was because I loved the sport,” Hardy commented.

“Nothing’s changed. I want to get in there and fight guys. I’m a fighter and I come to fight, and I think as long as you show up with that mentality, the fight is going to be exciting because you’re trying to beat the guy up.”

So when the fans show up in Nottingham this weekend, they can expect and old-school Dan Hardy performance, and judging by his record in those kinds of fights, he’s going to do just fine.

read entire article...

9/26/12 5:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OSBtro11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay.. Phone Post
9/26/12 5:40 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/26/12 5:46 PM

Old school Hardy performance you say? So im guessing Hendricks will get injured and Hardy will be lucky enough to squeak a decision past Kampman....fun

9/26/12 5:40 PM
HenryO

LOL if you were a boxer you would be getting murdered not making a load of money
9/26/12 5:41 PM
TheKidAintMine
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Dan still post here? I'd love to get his thoughts on why he thinks he'd make more money boxing. And yes, I'm aware that Mayweather makes 8 figures a fight. I'm also aware that he acts as his own promoter.
9/26/12 5:59 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -

Old school Hardy performance you say? So im guessing Hendricks will get injured and Hardy will be lucky enough to squeak a decision past Kampman....fun

I giggled Phone Post
9/26/12 6:00 PM
3rdLion
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - LOL if you were a boxer you would be getting murdered not making a load of money

I don't think he's trying to say he could make the switch to boxing and earn a lot of money right now but more he'd have got into boxing earlier in his career or when he started MMA because that's where the money lies.
9/26/12 6:19 PM
Swamuel McSwamuelson

the lack of respect in this place never ceases to amaze me.
9/26/12 6:21 PM
UGCTT_45forever
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swamuel McSwamuelson - the lack of respect in this place never ceases to amaze me.
. Phone Post
9/26/12 6:21 PM
priestholmes09
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

synergist_ -
Swamuel McSwamuelson - the lack of respect in this place never ceases to amaze me.
. Phone Post
. Phone Post
9/26/12 6:26 PM
OSBtro11

:,[ ^ Phone Post
9/26/12 6:26 PM
Gnarly219
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You mean a bunch of 11 and 12'ers came out of the gate to start shit talking a fighter who used to frequent the forums but doesn't now because of said shit talking? Color me fucking surprised...

9/26/12 6:30 PM
colefknpage
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be in it for the love too if I knew I could never ever get a title shot again. Phone Post
9/26/12 6:41 PM
notsobigmike
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - 
HenryO - LOL if you were a boxer you would be getting murdered not making a load of money

I don't think he's trying to say he could make the switch to boxing and earn a lot of money right now but more he'd have got into boxing earlier in his career or when he started MMA because that's where the money lies.

Either way, it's like the top 1% in boxing that earn good money. Everyone else gets peanuts and labors in obscurity.

No offense to Hardy, but I don't like his chances at being that 1%. No matter when he started training.

He's enjoying more money and fame in the UFC now than he probably EVER would have had in boxing.
9/26/12 6:52 PM
semtex0809

HenryO - LOL if you were a boxer you would be getting murdered not making a load of money
This Phone Post
9/26/12 6:56 PM
BshMstr
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy looks like one of those cats who just loves to fight....his fight with Chris Lytle is one of my favorite fights.
9/26/12 6:59 PM
HenryO

Get voted down for saying the truth ok.

At best in boxing Hardy would be a borderline top 50ish fighter like he is in MMA, in which case he would likely make more money in MMA
9/26/12 7:00 PM
HenryO

3rdLion - 

The money lies there if you get to the top of the sport, I dont like Hardy's chances no matter what age he stared at
9/26/12 7:01 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - Get voted down for saying the truth ok.

At best in boxing Hardy would be a borderline top 50ish fighter like he is in MMA, in which case he would likely make more money in MMA

I have to agree with this, maybe he would do good in kickboxing, but boxing I do not think he would do so well. 

9/26/12 7:19 PM
Rampage23NTT

I remember back when I used to lurk more often around here and think it was cool when fighters post... Nowadays I know why they don't. It's constant hate on em. Sad. Phone Post
9/26/12 7:35 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion -

That's how I took it.
I'm always a Hardy fan. Can't wait to see him fight again. Phone Post
9/26/12 7:38 PM
TUF

colefknpage -  I'd be in it for the love too if I knew I could never ever get a title shot again. Phone Post

Then hop on up and fight for the love of it, you're never getting that title shot.
9/26/12 7:59 PM
sextoymagic

So he will never negotiate a new contract which pays him more I take it. Phone Post
9/26/12 8:04 PM
the geek
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion -

Lion with the correct. Phone Post
9/26/12 8:06 PM
HenryO

the geek - 
3rdLion -

Lion with the correct. Phone Post

But it's not true. A mid level MMA fighter is making more money then a mid level boxer, won't find many educated people disagreeing with that

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.