UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: Weidman not the 'Great White Hope'

9/27/12 10:06 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

If Bisping does have to take on the winner of Weidman vs Tim Boetsch in a title eliminator, Bisping spoke on the possibility that perennial underdog, Tim Boetsch, pulls off the upset. “There’s definitely a possibility that Tim Boetsch could upset Weidman. I’d say Weidman has the more polished skill set, but Tim Boetsch is no slouch, he’s no pushover.”

When it came to Weidman, Bisping made it clear that he still finds no reason for all the Chris Weidman hype. NCAA wrestler Weidman is 9-0 in his MMA career.  With 5 consecutive UFC wins to his name, Weidman’s been pushing for a title shot of his own. “I’m not sold on Chris Weidman. I don’t see what all the fuss is with Chris Weidman. I’ve got nothing against the guy. He beat Demian Maia in the candidate for the worst fight of the year, a lot of people are forgetting that. He looked decent against Mark Munoz, but Mark Munoz looked terrible and I was never sold on him in the first place.

So I think everyone in all due respect just needs to calm down Chris Weidman just because he’s undefeated. He’s undefeated because he’s beaten a bunch of bums. He’s only had about seven fights. I’ve had nearly 30 fights. I’ve been in the UFC when he was still in school probably. So I got nothing against Chris Weidman, but I don’t see him as the Great White Hope that’s going to come in and destroy Anderson Silva. He’s just another middle of the road UFC fighter as far as I’m concerned.”

read entire article...

9/27/12 10:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest, neither is Bisping
9/27/12 10:10 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shots fired Phone Post
9/27/12 10:17 AM
jtown2
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hoping to get a break from his constant blabbering about a title shot and 185 contenders. No such luck. Phone Post
9/27/12 10:22 AM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

racist IMO.

9/27/12 10:28 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

if what wiedman did has been unimpressive, then what bisbing has done is even less impressive - criticizing himself imo

9/27/12 10:50 AM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The doubters will shudder after they witness what Weidman does to Tim Boetsch.

9/27/12 10:53 AM
jtown2
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

if what wiedman did has been unimpressive, then what bisbing has done is even less impressive - criticizing himself imo

Pay up sucka. No welching allowed. Phone Post
9/27/12 10:58 AM

priestcraft - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

What a terrible argument.

how so? bisbing has had losses..he is 1-1 in his last fight...9-0 is more impressive...bisbing has not beaten any top 10 guys...weidman beat one on 11 days notice and the other he destroyed...if he says weidman is unworthy, so is he

9/27/12 10:59 AM

jtown2 - 

Pay up sucka. No welching allowed. Phone Post

when did i welch..i dont have a reminder to pay every day..i iwll get to it when i get to it son

9/27/12 11:04 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Fury - Give The Count his title shot. Hes put his time in and deserves it.

I hate this argument.

What other fighter besides Bisping gets the benefit of "he put his time in, give him a title shot"?

No one.

He's been around forever, but has been unable to beat top competition his entire career.

This isnt grounds for a title shot.

Let's see....Diego Sanchez has been around even longer than Bisping...Let's give him the next title shot!

Length of time in the UFC is not a criteria for title contenders, sorry.

Only results are. The only thing that Bisping has over Weidman, Belcher, & Boetsch as far as title contender status is marketability.
9/27/12 11:07 AM
rushinbear
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here HE goes again.....
9/27/12 11:09 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

priestcraft - 

how so? bisbing has had losses..he is 1-1 in his last fight...9-0 is more impressive...bisbing has not beaten any top 10 guys...weidman beat one on 11 days notice and the other he destroyed...if he says weidman is unworthy, so is he

To be fair mate I'm pretty sure Stann was top 10 Phone Post
9/27/12 11:09 AM
The Mammoth
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Bisping to be honest.

We've seen this before with Evan Dunham. Great white hope, gets touted as next big thing, 1 or 2 fights away from title shot and gets blasted to the undercards where he is now losing

Weidmans destiny is on the facebook prelims fighting new guys

9/27/12 11:23 AM

Evzey - 
priestcraft - 

To be fair mate I'm pretty sure Stann was top 10 Phone Post

even if that is the case, he barely scraped by stann and stann wasnt ranked higher than munoz who weidman destroyed...still less impressive

9/27/12 11:23 AM

Edited: 09/27/12 11:24 AM
The Mammoth - 

Agree with Bisping to be honest.

We've seen this before with Evan Dunham. Great white hope, gets touted as next big thing, 1 or 2 fights away from title shot and gets blasted to the undercards where he is now losing

Weidmans destiny is on the facebook prelims fighting new guys

cant compare dunham to weidman...having elite wrestling skills + very strong submission skills puts you in a very unique category

dunham was basically just a guy that had decent all around skills but wasn't really a standout

9/27/12 11:36 AM
rushinbear
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy Michael... "He's undefeated because he's beaten a bunch of bums."... I think NOT!
9/27/12 11:39 AM
HexRei

Am I the only one who noticed that how many times they misspelled Boetsch's name? And it wasn't even consistent. Did they lift the Bisping quote from someone else and not bother to copyedit it?
9/27/12 11:39 AM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bums?  Yeah, okay.

I have never felt so sure about a fighter's potential as I do with Weidman.  The kid is a beast. 

9/27/12 11:53 AM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like you bisping but honestly I think Chris subs you. Phone Post
9/27/12 11:55 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch

rushinbear - Classy Michael... "He's undefeated because he's beaten a bunch of bums."... I think NOT!

Especially when the majority of Bisping's wins in the UFC are against opponents that have losing records in the UFC.
9/27/12 12:10 PM
zebers3
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Stann 6-4 UFC
Jason Miller 0-3 UFC
Jorge Rivera 8-7 UFC
Yoshihiro Akiyama 1-4 UFC
Dan Miller 6-5 UFC
Denis Kang 1-2 UFC

How does beating these guys with either losing or basically 0.5 records in the UFC get you a title shot? That's not including his 2 most recent losses:

Chael Sonnen 6-5 UFC
Wanderlei Silva 4-7 UFC

Exact same thing. His biggest win is Brian Stann.

Weidman's first three bouts were the same idea, 0.5 fighters, but his two most recent wins over Maia and Munoz:

Demian Maia 10-4 UFC
Mark Munoz 7-3 UFC

These guys have better records than anyone Bisping has beat. And he is undefeated, so if he beats Tim Boetsch he absolutely deserves it over Bisping because thats arguably three top 10 wins in a row.
9/27/12 12:19 PM
Ryan Black
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - Brian Stann 6-4 UFC
Jason Miller 0-3 UFC
Jorge Rivera 8-7 UFC
Dan Miller 6-5 UFC
Denis Kang 1-2 UFC

How does beating these guys with either losing or basically 0.5 records in the UFC get you a title shot? That's not including his 2 most recent losses:

Chael Sonnen 6-5 UFC
Wanderlei Silva 4-7 UFC

Weidman's first three bouts were the same idea, 0.5 fighters, but his two most recent wins over Maia and Munoz:

Demian Maia 10-4 UFC
Mark Munoz 7-3 UFC

These guys have better records than anyone Bisping has beat. And he is undefeated, so if he beats Tim Boetsch he absolutely deserves it over Bisping because thats arguably three top 10 wins in a row.
Wow. Your argument makes perfect sense, sir. Although I'd still like to see Bisping vs. Weidman, I feel that Bisping's comments here were out of line. He has an argument for a title shot, yes... but he should definitely have to go through Weidman to get it. Phone Post
9/27/12 12:20 PM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch

zebers3 - Brian Stann 6-4 UFC
Jason Miller 0-3 UFC
Jorge Rivera 8-7 UFC
Dan Miller 6-5 UFC
Denis Kang 1-2 UFC

Chael Sonnen 6-5 UFC
Wanderlei Silva 4-7 UFC

Demian Maia 10-4 UFC
Mark Munoz 7-3 UFC

Don't forget Charles McCarthy 1-2
Jason Day 1-2

Bisping hasn't exactly been getting wins over world beaters.
9/27/12 12:21 PM

zebers3 - Brian Stann 6-4 UFC
Jason Miller 0-3 UFC
Jorge Rivera 8-7 UFC
Dan Miller 6-5 UFC
Denis Kang 1-2 UFC

Chael Sonnen 6-5 UFC
Wanderlei Silva 4-7 UFC

Demian Maia 10-4 UFC
Mark Munoz 7-3 UFC

stop it with your logic. JUST STOP IT.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.