UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Foam rollers

9/27/12 4:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody on here use one regularly ? If so have you noticed a difference since using one.Everything I have read on the net seems to be positive.
I have seen them for about a tenner and thought it might be worth a go . Phone Post
9/27/12 4:50 PM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get on it...I had hip surgery and my quad barks alot after activity...once I roll it out it feels great again...my roommate has scoliosis and uses it on his back to loosen up...cracks his back like its popcorn Phone Post
9/27/12 5:29 PM
dizz
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invaluable for my IT band and general muscle soreness

Just buy a 2 foot long, 4 inch diameter drain pipe section from the local hardware store

9/27/12 6:32 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get a foam roller AND a "Stick".
9/27/12 9:01 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use one daily, when I travel (I'm a part time road warrior) I use a tennis ball which works pretty well. But yeah, there are no downsides to a foam roller.
9/27/12 9:15 PM
tristar
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup. foam roll (pvc pipe) and lacrosse ball every day before I train
9/27/12 10:43 PM
nowaydo
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does the work of a chiro and masseuse.
9/28/12 12:47 AM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sound good , and for how much they cost no downside . Phone Post
9/28/12 12:47 AM
Crw

Adventure Runner - Get a foam roller AND a "Stick".
Apart from a brown woody thing what's a " stick " ?? Phone Post
9/28/12 7:39 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crw - 

It's a self massager that works like a roller for those hard to roll areas like calves, traps, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Track-and-Field-Stick-Self/dp/B00032QBLC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1348832270&sr=8-12&keywords=the+stick
9/28/12 3:11 PM
Crw

Adventure Runner -
Crw - 

It's a self massager that works like a roller for those hard to roll areas like calves, traps, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Track-and-Field-Stick-Self/dp/B00032QBLC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1348832270&sr=8-12&keywords=the+stick
Ah ok , looks pretty good . Thanks for the info Phone Post
9/29/12 12:07 AM
blaznbison24
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are cheap, there are a lot of things you can use. Like others have mentioned, a PVC pipe works well, as well as a lacrosse ball or tennis ball. You could also throw in a baseball/croquet ball and a Nalgene-like water bottle. Instead of using The Stick, I use a rolling pin.
9/30/12 8:37 AM
Deepy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely get one, they are awesome. Later on try a rumble roller. It's like a foam roller with bumps that really dig into your muscles, really good for the back. Phone Post
10/1/12 9:39 AM
1800champagne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deepy - Definitely get one, they are awesome. Later on try a rumble roller. It's like a foam roller with bumps that really dig into your muscles, really good for the back. Phone Post
I've been looking at the rumble roller. Do you think it's worth the price? Phone Post
10/1/12 1:16 PM
Sean Quinn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumble roller will murder you if you havent used a regular roller extensively.

10/1/12 1:20 PM
Crw

Sean Quinn -

Rumble roller will murder you if you havent used a regular roller extensively.

Good to know I was going to jump straight to one of them . Phone Post
10/1/12 4:21 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the best things (besides rings) that I've ever purchased SnC wise. absolutely amazing at helping me recover, especially in certain areas of upper back/neck muscles/ligaments/tendons/fascia. Also, great for activation work after some dynamic warm ups.

do NOT get a rumble one as Sean has stated at first. Go with a lighter one like a blue one (they are all color coordinated) or even a white one (I've used a white one for about a year with great results before moving onto a firmer one). 

:)

10/1/12 5:43 PM
Crw

Thanks for all the advice . I have one being delivered Wednesday .
I'll check back in with my thoughts . Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.