UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> What do you guys think are the best BJJ Podcasts?

9/28/12 8:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thebjjprofessor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As the title says, what are the best BJJ podcasts out there?

Probably my favorite has to be This Week in BJJ, followed closely by Fightworks.  But they're all so good!

The rest of my top 5 BJJ Podcasts - http://gireviews.net/top-bjj-podcasts/

9/29/12 8:38 PM
thebjjprofessor

Also wanted to add Mat Time Radio to the list!  http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mat-time-radio/id458266927

9/29/12 8:44 PM
budwhite
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I listen to most of those on a regular basis since work has me in a car so much.

I like Inside BJJ the most for the funny shit before any of the interviews.

Open Mat Radio probably provides the best blend of interviewing and practical grappling information IMO.

9/30/12 12:20 AM
Soulroller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

budwhite -

I listen to most of those on a regular basis since work has me in a car so much.

I like Inside BJJ the most for the funny shit before any of the interviews.

Open Mat Radio probably provides the best blend of interviewing and practical grappling information IMO.

This Phone Post
9/30/12 12:24 AM
gusto

i stopped listening after fightworks took a few weeks off a while ago. what were some good recent ones?

9/30/12 4:56 AM
TEOMOFE
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was this a real question or a means to lead people to your website, bjjprofessor? :^>

In any case: I've tried quite a few different ones but they've generally proven to be quite poor.

The one that has been consistently high in quality, entertainment and information is the podcast from Openmatradio.com
9/30/12 9:24 AM
joshjitsu

Edited: 09/30/12 9:24 AM
Inside BJJ for sure. Its got everything the rest of the podcast have but also a sense of humor and humility
9/30/12 2:12 PM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open mat
Inside BJJ
Stephan kesting
Fightworks podcast
The flow podcast has had a few cool episodes too

I love that there are so many to choose from now ! Phone Post
9/30/12 7:06 PM
tf1
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure Inside BJJ is the best of all time.
9/30/12 10:58 PM
tf1
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome idea. Phone Post
9/30/12 11:00 PM
GrapplerX
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inside BJJ 1, Phone Post
10/1/12 8:53 AM
hackett
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEOMOFE - Was this a real question or a means to lead people to your website, bjjprofessor? :^>

In any case: I've tried quite a few different ones but they've generally proven to be quite poor.

The one that has been consistently high in quality, entertainment and information is the podcast from Openmatradio.com

Ha, maybe but it worked. I'll give your podcast a listen, bjjprofessor.

My favorite jiu-jitsu radio show ever was Renzo on Fightworks Podcast, where he responded to Rener & Relson. That was spectacular, Renzo was in rare form and the hosts just guided him along perfectly. FP is really good, but isn't the most active and can be a bit dry.

Day-in, day-out, Open Mat Radio does the best job. Their Danaher one is something everyone should listen to.

I don't enjoy InsideBJJ at all. They seem to have a good following though, so hey -- good on them.Probably good to have a few options out there.
10/1/12 9:04 AM
Open Mat Radio
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the mention! It means a lot to us. Phone Post
10/1/12 9:18 AM
Hugh Jaynus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open Mat Radio, Fightworks Podcast, Budovideos This Week In BJJ.

Inside BJJ's laid back style can lead to some good moments, but many times the hosts end up annoying me. They get a lot of good guests though, so I'll listen when one really catches my eye.
10/1/12 2:28 PM
Open Mat Radio
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightworks has been a huge inspiration for us. Paul's known Caleb for awhile. It was a huge deal to us when Caleb told us he enjoyed the show and direction we're taking it.

There are a lot of great podcasts out right now. We hope they all do well. It's great that each show has its own style. The more coverage of our community the better!

As always we want to know what we should be doing better. Drop us a comment on the forums, iTunes, our site or via email at info@openmatradio.com. Without listeners we wouldn't have a show. So let us know what you want to hear and we'll try to make it happen. Thanks again for the support. Be sure to check out all the other podcasts and support them too! Phone Post
10/1/12 3:58 PM
puppet
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm almost up to Date with all of the inside bjj episodes. I'm afraid. Phone Post
10/1/12 4:08 PM
Bruce Hoyer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use to help with the fightworks podcast and before that i ran BJJ radio so my hats off to caleb... Phone Post
10/1/12 6:05 PM
thebjjprofessor

This is really cool, actually.  I never knew Inside BJJ had such a following.  I'm the only guy I know at my academy who even listens to them!

10/1/12 8:12 PM
andre
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open Mat, IMO. Phone Post
10/2/12 1:30 AM
Randy Marsh
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
10/2/12 2:24 AM
Sir Taps
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hugh Jaynus - Inside BJJ's laid back can lead to some good moments, but many times the hosts end up annoying me. They get a lot of good guests though, so I'll listen when one really catches my eye.

I can't stand the chats between the hosts at the start of the Inside BJJ podcasts, I have no interest in their little in-jokes. The interviews are good, but I skip that first 10-15 mins of chat. Much prefer Open Mat Radio.

James
10/2/12 1:55 PM
kipling200
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir Taps - 
Hugh Jaynus - Inside BJJ's laid back can lead to some good moments, but many times the hosts end up annoying me. They get a lot of good guests though, so I'll listen when one really catches my eye.

I can't stand the chats between the hosts at the start of the Inside BJJ podcasts, I have no interest in their little in-jokes. The interviews are good, but I skip that first 10-15 mins of chat. Much prefer Open Mat Radio.

James

I actually like those chats before and after the interview. Gives them character I think.
10/2/12 9:19 PM
Darbyh

Sub Phone Post
10/2/12 10:57 PM
tf1

TTT Phone Post
10/2/12 11:03 PM
joshjitsu

Open Mat and Inside Bjj should have a somewhat/mediocre superfight (I would normally end this sentence with an exclamation point but after listening to Tim I will stick with a simple period).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.