UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> What do you guys think are the best BJJ Podcasts?

10/2/12 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tf1
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu - Open Mat and Inside Bjj should have a somewhat/mediocre superfight (I would normally end this sentence with an exclamation point but after listening to Tim I will stick with a simple period).
Hehe. OpenMat is cool. Too a point. Just kidding. I like those guys.

I find it extremely humorous that the same reason people love to listen is the same reason others hate to listen.

I'll keep plugging MKimonos and inside jokes until I'm banished from the community. Phone Post
10/3/12 6:58 AM
phillymmafan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/3/12 7:19 AM
joshjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tf1 - 
joshjitsu - Open Mat and Inside Bjj should have a somewhat/mediocre superfight (I would normally end this sentence with an exclamation point but after listening to Tim I will stick with a simple period).
Hehe. OpenMat is cool. Too a point. Just kidding. I like those guys.

I find it extremely humorous that the same reason people love to listen is the same reason others hate to listen.

I'll keep plugging MKimonos and inside jokes until I'm banished from the community. Phone Post

I used to not enjoy your silly "banter" but I think that was because I was used to bjj podcast being extremely formal. Once I got to know your show and get used to you guys, now I enjoy it. Although you can blab on all you want about Mkimonos because I have a fast forward button. Now please go back your car into something and talk about it on the podcast so that we can laugh at your misfortune.

thanks!
10/3/12 11:50 AM
GB Dave Jr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/12 11:51 AM
Fightworkspodcast - good guests and interviews, but usually short

Inside BJJ - Good guests, good questions, and long interviews. I like it. The banter, don't mind it. I drive for a few hours when I go back home, so make the drive nice.

Open Mat Radio - Good guests, good questions, and long interviews. Enson was my favorite episode (listened to it 3 times). He regularly posts on Sherdog by the way.....just sayin...

This week in BJJ - Good guests and questions. Hard to imagine whats going on sometimes when they are looking at video or doing techniques. I listen when I'm driving.

Stephan Kesting - I really liked the Tony Blauer episode.
10/23/12 5:58 PM
rebelyell
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total inside bjj. Rose gracie always saves the show whenever it starts to slow down. But i caught up on gi reviews the interview with the guy from scramble was entertaining. You should get other blackbelts from Chicago area on the show.
10/23/12 10:48 PM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was unsure before, but after hearing the most recent episode of Inside Bjj, specifically the "meat pie mummy" accent and the "east coast" accent; I think they are my favorite. I usually listen when I'm riding my bike to work and this was the second time I had to pull over onto the side walk to get my laughs out before resuming. Lol, nice work guys Phone Post
10/24/12 1:47 AM
Mil Mascaras
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inside BJJ for me. The banter is fun and entertaining. Tim does a good job of moving the interviews forward as well. I love how him and Matt play off of each other.

There is ONE thing that annoys me though and since I'm now aware of it I hear it all the time. Tim uses the word "kinda" in almost every question he asks! "Can you kinda talk about your experience and kinda mention your background and instructors". It does seem to be because he's trying to be respectful of the guests and not too pushy. Phone Post
10/24/12 12:18 PM
tf1
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mil Mascaras - Inside BJJ for me. The banter is fun and entertaining. Tim does a good job of moving the interviews forward as well. I love how him and Matt play off of each other.

There is ONE thing that annoys me though and since I'm now aware of it I hear it all the time. Tim uses the word "kinda" in almost every question he asks! "Can you kinda talk about your experience and kinda mention your background and instructors". It does seem to be because he's trying to be respectful of the guests and not too pushy. Phone Post
Sorry. Kinda. Phone Post
10/24/12 1:33 PM
bjh13
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tf1 - 
Mil Mascaras - Inside BJJ for me. The banter is fun and entertaining. Tim does a good job of moving the interviews forward as well. I love how him and Matt play off of each other.

Sorry. Kinda. Phone Post

Tim, you're from Stockton. It shouldn't be kinda, it should be hella or hecka. "Can you hella talk about your experience and hella mention your background and instructors."

You're in Stockton, a city setting records in murder. You should be proud of your heritage.
10/24/12 2:38 PM
CompanyBlue

"Hey one thing I kinda wanted to ask you"... Just ask Tim!
Inside Bjj is easy listenin and my favorite by far. Open mat would be next. I Tried to give OTM a listen but it' unbareable imo. Kesting is informative too.
10/24/12 2:58 PM
El Refe
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fightworks podcast is #1 to me, although after they stopped doing it weekly I kind of lost track.
I've checked out a couple of the new guys doing it and I havent found any I liked.

If anything I prefer the YouTube documentaries that are coming out, the one with Rico Vieira is boss, all docs those guys made have been boss. Phone Post
10/24/12 6:09 PM
tf1

Heel Hooker - Inside BJJ has great guests but they have terrible radio voices, and make some really offensive racial comments.

They also asked Rorian some of the stupidest , most disrepectful questions I've ever heard. They said they were from listeners but they should have the good jusdgment not ask them.

But the Chris Brennan interview made up for it :)
Really? Not sure what was stupid or disrespectful. Rorion didn't have a problem with it. Gracie Academy put the interview on their homepage and newsletter. I actually thought it was one of the more tame interviews. Phone Post
10/24/12 8:01 PM
Mil Mascaras
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tf1 -
Heel Hooker - Inside BJJ has great guests but they have terrible radio voices, and make some really offensive racial comments.

They also asked Rorian some of the stupidest , most disrepectful questions I've ever heard. They said they were from listeners but they should have the good jusdgment not ask them.

But the Chris Brennan interview made up for it :)
Really? Not sure what was stupid or disrespectful. Rorion didn't have a problem with it. Gracie Academy put the interview on their homepage and newsletter. I actually thought it was one of the more tame interviews. Phone Post
Agreed. That was a great episode, especially the story about the scrap on the hood of the Rabbit. Can never get enough of the old school stories, glad you specifically asked him. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:35 PM
AK-BJJ

Subbed
1/20/13 10:00 PM
Migakad
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open Mat for sure. But having started my Bjj journey with Paul I am very biased ;)
1/21/13 1:12 AM
McGruff The Crime Hog
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.