UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I thought Stann won Bisping fight

9/28/12 3:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Michael Bisping got a unanimous decision over Brian Stann at UFC 152. As is often the case, Stann thought he won the fight. But he has some big support in the belief - UFC President Dana White does too.

“I had it one and one, and I thought [Stann] won the 3rdRound. It was close,” said White. “It’s not like this, ‘Holy s---! This is crazy! The judging is terrible!’ It was that close of a fight that it could have gone either way. That’s just the way I saw it.”

The judges saw it otherwise, with all three giving identical scores - Stann in round 1, and Bisping in 2 and 3.

While Bisping was happy with the decision, he was less so with White's take on the fight.

“Bisping was walking (backstage after the bout) and he asked me, ‘What’d you think?’” White related. “I told him, ‘I think you lost the 3rd round. He says, ‘I can’t even get to my f------ locker room and you’re telling me you think I lost the fight?’

“Listen, I’m honest. I always tell you what I think. It was close.”

Weidman remains the number one contender for Anderson Silva's title; an impressive win over Tim Boetsch at UFC 155 on Dec 29 will further solidify his standing.

Read entire article...

9/28/12 3:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DoubleBagger
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanking in me Mums knickers -  Lost an sn bet. Bisping won. Phone Post

That SN is incredible.
9/28/12 3:40 PM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How anyone could score the fight for Stann is beyind me, he had one good punch in the 1st and that was all he had the whole fight.

9/28/12 3:44 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love to see the backstage video Phone Post
9/28/12 3:48 PM
JimmersonzGlove
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Mir scored the fight for Miguel Torres.

9/28/12 3:52 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol no way did he win. Phone Post
9/28/12 3:53 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's never been a good Judge.
9/28/12 3:58 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched that fight and love Brian Stann.

I would have said 'OK, that's enough shitty decisions for one lifetime.' if they had given him that fight.

I think Stann would have done a double take too, TBH.
9/28/12 3:58 PM
majikman
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping was the clear winner
9/28/12 4:00 PM
Filo_Beto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana must of been high when watching that fight or else I must of been watching a different fight then he did.

The only thing that Stan did that stood out in the fight was big punch in the first round. At most , he won the first round and I'm not sure he did that.
9/28/12 4:02 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's Danas way of saying Bisping isn't getting the title shot. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:03 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Dana 100% OK?

Seems like something funny's been going on with him for a while.

That isn't a barb. I'm genuinely curious.
9/28/12 4:07 PM
Ministry of Truth

Poor Bisping, LOL.
9/28/12 4:09 PM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister - That's Danas way of saying Bisping isn't getting the title shot. Phone Post
Exactly. Dana's not stupid.

He knows he can't justify giving Bisping a shot over Weidman with such a lackluster performance and he knows Weidman isn't a well enough known guy and would pull low PPV numbers against Silva.

If Bisping beats Weidman, he's the clear #1 guy, and if Weidman beats Bisping, then he can build up Weidman's name off that.

This is the only explanation for Dana believing Stann won that fight, which he clearly did not. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:09 PM
R00STER

I wanted Stann to bingo Bisping badly but I can tell you there's no way he won that fight. Everyone agrees it was 1 rd apiece going into the 3rd, so I don't see how anyone can score the 3rd one for Stann. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:13 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

This is an outrage!!

Phone Post
9/28/12 4:15 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just now starting to come back around to Bisping being alright, but I don't see how you could score that fight for Stann. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:19 PM
Bofbro
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL Dana must of been drunk,easy a Bisping win.
9/28/12 4:21 PM
Belcherz_Twister

Dana wishes Stann could be champ. Think of all the $$ coming from military endorsements!!!!!
9/28/12 4:24 PM
MahatmaPetey
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If not for the right hand at the end of the first, Bisping would have won 30-27.
9/28/12 4:30 PM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uhh no Dana.

9/28/12 4:31 PM
UGCTT_Winnson

If it's just gamesmanship on Dana's part, then it's just a bunch of bullshit.

Right now, the UFC could do with a little less bullshit IMHO.

If not, then BLAF is right up there with Cecil Peoples when it comes to calling fights.
9/28/12 4:32 PM
TheHaunted2

I think rnd1 was very even, stann held the centre clocked mike and stuffed 2 takedowns. Bisping landed more. And stayed the busier fighter. Very close. 2nd bisping landed a lot of punches, got takedowns, nice sweep from stann. 3rd stann held the centre more, but looked like he was chasing the finish. Bisping stayed active and got takedowns. Easy win for mike. I'm a Brian stann fan. Shame they had to fight. Bisping should fight Weidman for contender. Phone Post
9/28/12 4:38 PM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Bisping was walking (backstage after the bout) and he asked me, ‘What’d you think?’” White related. “I told him, ‘I think you lost the 3rd round. He says, ‘I can’t even get to my f------ locker room and you’re telling me you think I lost the fight?’

Now there's a woman trait for ya.  The mma = of "do I look fat in these pants?"

9/28/12 4:38 PM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Dana must have been tweeting durung that fight. What a joke. Bisping won handily. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.