UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Zues vs Avengers

9/28/12 5:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JJitsu
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the geek ground, was going through my old comics looking for some of my old Megaton Man and a few others to put up but they got stolen years ago. This was an old one I always liked so heres my attempt to add something to the GG thats my favorite part of this site. Hope this is right

9/28/12 5:40 PM
JJitsu
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photobucket
Photobucket
9/28/12 5:41 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket
9/28/12 5:42 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
9/28/12 5:44 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
9/28/12 5:46 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
9/28/12 5:51 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
9/28/12 5:53 PM
JJitsu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
9/28/12 5:54 PM
JJitsu

9/28/12 5:56 PM
JJitsu

9/28/12 5:58 PM
JJitsu

9/28/12 6:06 PM
JJitsu

There was some argument about Zues and how powerful he was in Marvel a year or two back on here that always made me think of this fight,

9/28/12 8:46 PM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic Zeus was less powerful than he should have been but still was considered high tier. 

IIRC he used to be rated as a 90 ton'er. Obviously being an sky-father that would be inaccurate. 

Good share, voted up. 

and lol at how Namor sucker punches him then gets fuckin spiked. 

9/29/12 3:58 AM
Leigh
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers for posting Phone Post
9/29/12 4:15 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fun read...and remember what he did to Hulk
9/29/12 9:11 AM
None So Blind
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

Classic Zeus was less powerful than he should have been but still was considered high tier. 

IIRC he used to be rated as a 90 ton'er. Obviously being an sky-father that would be inaccurate. 

Good share, voted up. 

and lol at how Namor sucker punches him then gets fuckin spiked. 

Agreed, Zeus was underpowered, at least compared to Odin. In the grand scheme of things in that comic, he won the fight, but it shouldn't have been that hard.

That said, while I've always liked the old Greek god stories more than the Norse ones, Odin should take Zeus head to head - assuming equal power, Odin is still much smarter. Odin was always known for his wisdom, Zeus was known for being a supreme skirt-chaser :-P

BTW, voted up jjitsu - I read this when it first came out, hadn't seen it in ~25 years since :-)
9/29/12 10:00 AM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

absolutely 

Zeus was a fuckin serial rapist. 

9/29/12 1:13 PM
Zenoplata
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU

9/29/12 4:33 PM
crescentwrench
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always thought Zeus was way underpowered in Marvel. I've always thought Zeus had way more stroke than Odin from reading about the myths back when I was a kid. The Greek gods are all immortal and the Norse ones were just hanging out knowing they were all going to die and couldn't stop it. Greek myth was all human chess and golden showers (Perseus you sickos) while Norse myth was just heavy. Phone Post
9/29/12 5:06 PM
JJitsu

Thanks for all the vote ups guys. It always seemed like they were fairly comparable to the Agardians to me which makes me think its a dick move  for them to not help when you've got Pheonix's, Infinity Gauntlets and all sorts of other shit going on trying to destroy the people that worshiped them and the universe in general. Only one more MIA then Zues is Lugh the Celtic sun god.... Now I gotta go find the one were Thor fights Lugh.

9/29/12 5:41 PM
Alumatine
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJitsu -

Thanks for all the vote ups guys. It always seemed like they were fairly comparable to the Agardians to me which makes me think its a dick move  for them to not help when you've got Pheonix's, Infinity Gauntlets and all sorts of other shit going on trying to destroy the people that worshiped them and the universe in general. Only one more MIA then Zues is Lugh the Celtic sun god.... Now I gotta go find the one were Thor fights Lugh.

Remember all the sky fathers go together and had a meeting to join forces to fight thanos during the infinity saga. The meeting was at Asgard. Thanos saw it and destroyed the Bifrost, stranding them on Asgard. If I remember right it was all the sky fathers from every world religion. Phone Post
9/29/12 5:58 PM
None So Blind
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crescentwrench -  I always thought Zeus was way underpowered in Marvel. I've always thought Zeus had way more stroke than Odin from reading about the myths back when I was a kid. The Greek gods are all immortal and the Norse ones were just hanging out knowing they were all going to die and couldn't stop it. Greek myth was all human chess and golden showers (Perseus you sickos) while Norse myth was just heavy. Phone Post

Funny contrast - the Norse were the rape-and-pillage Viking types, and their skyfather is known for wisdom; the Greeks were known for philosophy, math, government, etc., and their skyfather is an ill-tempered sexbeast.

Maybe they made their gods out of what they felt they couldn't do? Or what they looked up to? :-P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.