UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Stan Lee Gets A Pacemaker

9/28/12 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarkRobinson
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/28/12 8:52 PM

Dang/ dude is so old but active as hell and seems to be enjoying the fuck out of life. I fuckin love this guy. Hopefully i get to meet him before he passes. Which is hopefully not any time soon. 

Article:: 

He might be 90 years of age, but Stan Lee is still going strong with numerous convention appearances, various projects and his always memorable cameos in all of Marvel's major movies. However, he's obviously not a young man, and after recent worrying reports about him cancelling upcoming appearances due to "a very serious circumstance", "The Man" has released the following statement in which he confirms that he is perfectly fine and in good spirits after having a pacemaker fitted. From all of us here at ComicBookMovie, get well soon Stan! 

Attention, Troops! 

This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood’s combat zone! 

Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I’ll be able to lead thee for another 90 years. 

But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!

9/28/12 11:03 PM
Violentguy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. I didn't know he was ninety. Where would we be without Stan Lee? Phone Post
9/29/12 3:28 AM
Leigh
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guy comes across very well. He shows that the leader of a successful company does not have to swear and insult people. Phone Post
9/29/12 5:03 AM
MarkRobinson
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dude is amazing. 

how fuckin awesome would it be to see your creations come together in these multimillion dollar films. Its got to be an incredible feeling. 

i really need to make an effort to meet dude before he passes.

9/29/12 8:43 AM
soriel
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This explains why he cancelled all of his appearances so suddenly. I can't believe he is 90!! With the determination this guy has, I wouldn't be surprised if he does stick around for another 90 years ... Phone Post
9/29/12 8:57 AM
JudOWNED
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stan is awesome. Dude has brought millions of people years of good wholesome entertainment.

Not to hijack, but Soriel you weren't by any chance sitting in the Houston airport in full cosplay getup this past Wednesday evening were you? Someone was and I though she looked kinda like you based on the pics you've posted here. I woulda asked her but I already felt like enough of a creeper, and besides I have no idea how I'd even ask.

"uh, so... Cosplay, huh?" "Yeah." *awkward silence* "Say, you don't post on the OG do you?" "What's the Oh-Gee?" "Nevermind!" *goes back to sitting 6 feet away and feels awkward every time we accidentally make eye contact*
9/29/12 9:12 AM
soriel
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - Stan is awesome. Dude has brought millions of people years of good wholesome entertainment.

Not to hijack, but Soriel you weren't by any chance sitting in the Houston airport in full cosplay getup this past Wednesday evening were you? Someone was and I though she looked kinda like you based on the pics you've posted here. I woulda asked her but I already felt like enough of a creeper, and besides I have no idea how I'd even ask.

"uh, so... Cosplay, huh?" "Yeah." *awkward silence* "Say, you don't post on the OG do you?" "What's the Oh-Gee?" "Nevermind!" *goes back to sitting 6 feet away and feels awkward every time we accidentally make eye contact*
I wish! I wouldn't mind a trip down to Houston. I actually like it down there, but that's because they have the really good flight stuff store.

And it would have been ok to talk to them, even if it wasn't me. Most cosplayers are pretty nice about talking about their cosplay, as long as they don't think you're about to make fun of them. Phone Post
9/29/12 12:45 PM
paw
1414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stan is awesome!  Great to hear he's doing better.

9/29/12 1:17 PM
phydeau
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - Stan is awesome. Dude has brought millions of people years of good wholesome entertainment.

So there was a female cosplayer stiing in an airport in full costume, and you thought maybe she DIDN'T want any attention?
9/29/12 1:34 PM
MarkRobinson

yeah you really dropped the ball on that one, JudOWNED.

If I see a chick even wearing a geek shirt, I make it my business to at the very least, to compliment her.

But I'm a man whore so... Yeah.

But still! You gotta get on that man. "you're puttin the pussy on a pedestal".

:)
9/29/12 4:19 PM
JudOWNED
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha ha. I'm a faithful married man, and clearly about twice her age. Already felt like a creeper without trying to strike up an awkward convo! lol She seemed like a cool chick, though. Gave a little girl that approached her a flower off her costume.

Anyway, glad it wasn't you Soriel, because I would have actually regretted missing a chance to meet another GGer.
9/30/12 12:35 AM
Tréasach
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow I had no idea he was so old, very cool he is still so active.

9/30/12 4:52 AM
grizz632
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just met him at the Chicago con a month or so ago and he couldn't have been nicer. One of the highlights of my year getting to meet the legend himself

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.