UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> Kansas City MMA gyms?

9/29/12 11:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joecold1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not looking to compete, but willing to do some striking, and ground sparring. Early morning hours needed, small groups preffered. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:02 AM
Ronin_jutsuka
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tatakai Fightwear, President
Don't know of any early morning schedules nor the exact area of KC you are in. Impact Elite Fitness and MMA is up on North Oak Tfwy. I don't know their times, but Leonardo Pecanha (3x World IBJJF Champion) is coaching their jiu jitsu and Muay Thai classes. They say that they open around 4AM. Phone Post
10/8/12 7:17 PM
Joecold1

I'll have to check those out. I work nights near I-435, and I-70. So I have pretty easy access to most areas.
Also, i'm not looking to compete *yet*. I trained seriously when I lived in VA years ago. But i'll have to basically start from square one now. Phone Post
10/21/12 11:36 AM
Deryck Ripley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grindhouse is in Lee's Summit... it's the Top gym in Kansas City. Leo is good too. Jason High and LC Davis have a gym in south KC on the Kansas side HDMMA. Can't go wrong with any of them. Phone Post
10/29/12 10:46 PM
Joecold1

I sent Grindhouse several email asking for info (their website only had info on,the fighters who train there), but never got a response.
I'll have to look up HDMMA though. Phone Post
10/29/12 10:49 PM
Joecold1

Alao, I talked to a couple guys at Impact a couple weeks ago (mid-October). They said the gym there would be ready to go by the end of the month. Seemed like a pretty approachable place, and the trainer have some solid credentials. Phone Post
10/30/12 6:08 AM
Joecold1

Also* Phone Post
11/7/12 10:07 AM
brodyroberts
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impact elite with rob kimmons is a good trainer ufc vet and a good person all around you could learn alot from him. Also crawfords is a great gym Phone Post
11/15/12 4:24 PM
Deryck Ripley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is Krause #. Text or call him. I know they are running a membership special right now for $75. I doubt that website or email is kept up with these days. But hit Krause up. Phone Post
11/15/12 4:25 PM
Deryck Ripley

Guess I should give you the number... Krause (816) 699-3262 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.