UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gunnar Nelson. My god this charisma!!

9/30/12 6:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definetly takeaway food.

"Welcome to Mcsarimner, may I take your order?"

"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger with fries and let's see, a bag of chili cheese and, a barbeque sauce with that"

"Anything to drink?"

"Yes, a vanilla milkshake"

"Ok, anything else?"

"Yeah, throw in a fucking sheep skull"

"That'll be 5 minutes, have a seat"

(Lambs shrieking in the kitchen)

9/30/12 7:31 PM
mike 110
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might actually pay for a UFC to see him fight again.
9/30/12 7:35 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude did his Viking acestors proud. And the pic just above by Genshi showing his range of emotions deserves every vote up on this site.
9/30/12 9:21 PM
grafzep
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol good shit
9/30/12 9:28 PM
DallasVanWinkle

His stoic demeanor is a symbol of enlightenment within the martial arts. Believe the hype!
9/30/12 10:01 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
9/30/12 10:35 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -

ja ja you make fun I understand but we Icelandik we are stoic no , is harsh the winter friedenhowen you freeze in lake naked, to make fun can be mistake ja ja laugh is in eye, Gunnar happy guy yes, drink eat, smile for later to bar drinkenkop

I hate you. Phone Post
10/1/12 1:26 PM
jonthor

Edited: 10/01/12 1:28 PM
Don't forget that Gunni is Icelandic and though he is fluent in English, his main language is Icelandic...
10/1/12 2:19 PM
WRESTLENOW

wasnt there a huge thread on here a while back about someone saying they saw him dominate GSP in training? i might be thinking of someone else, either way interested to see how his career goes he looked like one of the fastest 170lbers ive ever seen.
10/1/12 2:56 PM
Ocean6

Do Icelanders eat that same rotten shark meat that Greenlanders do?
10/1/12 3:03 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

That sheeps head looks tasty, would like to try.
10/1/12 3:22 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm the hun-ter....
I'm going.....hun-ting..."
10/1/12 4:10 PM
wreckker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Differnent cultures

Americans can be loud, fake, obnoxious after winning a competition.

Thank god, then go wreck ur car drunk while ur cheating on your woman. Thats the american way!

I admire the reserved humble guys Phone Post
10/1/12 4:12 PM
EazyG

Gunnar taught a grappling class for us a few months ago.

He is a cool low key guy. He has a quiet cerebral approach to grappling and a very interesting style. He puts alot of thought into his game and is a good teacher. His standing guard passes are very slick - he just flows around his partner.

He also is good to roll with - lets you in the game and keeps it interesting for the lower belts. He likes to experiment and try new stuff...
10/1/12 4:44 PM
Media Monster
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

genshi - 

The many faces of Gunni

he reminds me of Fedor when I read this some time back:

These quotes are from Mind Games: Psychological Warfare in MMA, an article in issue 56 of Fighters Only magazine.

The psychologist quoted is Joe Bell:

"The best when it comes to the staredown is Fedor Emelianenko. Watch him: he does not make eye contact and his entire expression is extremely relaxed - you would think he is about to sit down for dinner or something."

"But here is the crucial thing. When the referee tells them to head back to their corners, Fedor suddenly darts a short look directly at his opponent - or through his opponent, I should say."

"This kind of look is associated with antisocial behavioural disorders and psychopaths. They don't look at you, they look through you. It's emotionless, it goes deeper than skin level."

"You will get a lot of fighters who will catch that look and suddenly realise they don't want to be there."

10/1/12 4:49 PM
voorhees

Gray Maynard is not far off
10/1/12 4:55 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - Gray Maynard is not far off
Very true. Guy is as boring outside the cage as he is in it. Phone Post
10/1/12 5:22 PM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Dislocatedkneecap - He's not half american....he's all icelandic, he trained with Renzo in NY to get his black belt....but before that he was in Ireland...Got all the way to Brown under John Kavanagh, his coach last night...Oh and he aint got asbergers, asshole... He's one cool dude,and one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet.

his father is half-american, gunnar's grandfather was an american serviceman, hence the very un-icelandic surname - if it was icelandic it would be nelsonsson!
10/1/12 6:08 PM
Dislocatedkneecap
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
Dislocatedkneecap - He's not half american....he's all icelandic, he trained with Renzo in NY to get his black belt....but before that he was in Ireland...Got all the way to Brown under John Kavanagh, his coach last night...Oh and he aint got asbergers, asshole... He's one cool dude,and one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet.

his father is half-american, gunnar's grandfather was an american serviceman, hence the very un-icelandic surname - if it was icelandic it would be nelsonsson!

Ok we're getting into Quarters now.... ~Lets just all agree he's a baaaaaaddd mothafoka !
2/16/13 4:33 PM
32Hunter

ttt
2/16/13 4:45 PM
sgotwalks
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hilarious........I was also going to bump this thread...........but no interview. WTH?

2/17/13 8:43 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Well, now we know that Gunni can take a shot like a proper Viking
2/17/13 9:08 AM
Kostakio
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Well, now we know that Gunni can take a shot like a proper Viking
. Phone Post
2/17/13 9:16 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

Exclusive post-fight interview with Gunnar Nelson

2/17/13 9:23 AM
Publicnoose

If he's on that long of a streak why is he Mott going to face the #1 contender for title shor Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.