UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kingsbury suffers multiple facial fractures

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/29/12 8:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Good stoppage.... Although I wanted a 3rd round, MRI just confirmed multiple fractures above the eye and nose."
-Kyle Kingsbury, via Twitter

"Kingsbu" was mauled in the first round of his fight with Jimi Manuwa at UFC on FUEL TV 5. After the fight was stopped by the ringside physician between the second and third rounds because his left eye was swollen shut, he wisely sought medical intention.

It was so bad that by the time "Kingsbu" somehow managed to come out for the second round, he was fighting with a broken face. That's right, Manuwa -- who was actually a body builder before turning to mixed martial arts (MMA) several years ago -- was hurling bone-breaking strikes that most likely would have stopped large livestock.

But, not the hulking 6'4" Kingsbury, who took a lickin' and kept on tickin.' The American Kickboxing Academy (AKA)-trained fighter would have even come out for a third and final round had the ringside physician not rightfully called a halt to the 205-pound battle.

Read entire article...

Monday Morning

9/29/12 8:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jtown2
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If miss wicks needs some comforting I'm here for her. Phone Post
9/29/12 8:52 PM
Hikikomori
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And just think, Some fans called for a 3rd fucking round. Thats the problem in this sport. Fighter safety should be paramount. Fuck being a "warrior". Kingbury's Corner should have stopped it before the Doctor did.

Get Well, Kyle!
9/29/12 8:59 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised. Looked nasty. Phone Post
9/29/12 9:01 PM
caposa
2101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising. Looked like he was wearing a mask by the end of the fight.

9/29/12 9:03 PM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
1291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough sob Phone Post
9/29/12 9:11 PM
frederic
760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way that thing turned purple so fast, I figured it was his orbital that broke.
9/29/12 9:17 PM
Hikikomori
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

khaynes21 - 
Hikikomori - And just think, Some fans called for a 3rd fucking round. Thats the problem in this sport. Fighter safety should be paramount. Fuck being a "warrior". Kingbury's Corner should have stopped it before the Doctor did.

Get Well, Kyle!

Agreed, man. Agreed. I don't think Kyle wanted to answer the second bell, but showed great heart and determination by just continuing to listen to his corner.

So Much of this!

Kyle wanted out in the 1st but the ref didnt step in so he continued. Kyle is tough as nails. He just needs to really improve his MMA game.
9/29/12 9:19 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won the 2nd IMO.
9/29/12 10:03 PM
Van City 604
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover vs Manuwa would be sick, props to Kingsbu for facing those beasts Back 2 Back.
9/29/12 10:05 PM
Deaf Forever

Kingsbu is a beast though. He took a ton of punishment and kept going.
9/29/12 10:17 PM
MdGeist

Kyle more than likely would have won the third round and he definitely won the second... but that 1st round was probably a 10-8 round for Manuwa, so it would have ended in a draw anyway
9/29/12 10:26 PM
MdGeist

After rewatching the 1st round, I think it was that kick that did most of the damage.

Kyle ducked down to waist level after eating a punch and Manuwa blasted him with a soccer kick square on the left-side of his face
9/29/12 10:55 PM
Chicagos own peeping Tom
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - He won the 2nd IMO.
I thought so to Phone Post
9/29/12 11:07 PM
mmavixen
1133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chicagos own peeping Tom - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - He won the 2nd IMO.
I thought so to Phone Post

Me, three.

KK is all heart...but congrats to Poster Boy.

9/29/12 11:09 PM
inf0
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KK is awesome, hope they did him right.

9/30/12 12:11 AM
Dr Gonzo
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingsbury has heart and a great chin for sure. Its funny they didn't stop the Koscheck/GSP fight in similar circumstances, I don't really recall but Kos's eye must have been shut before the end of the fight right?
9/30/12 12:28 AM
jtown2
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - Kingsbury has heart and a great chin for sure. Its funny they didn't stop the Koscheck/GSP fight in similar circumstances, I don't really recall but Kos's eye must have been shut before the end of the fight right?
They were in Canada for that one. Canadians wanted Kos to pay. Phone Post
9/30/12 12:45 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - Kingsbury has heart and a great chin for sure. Its funny they didn't stop the Koscheck/GSP fight in similar circumstances, I don't really recall but Kos's eye must have been shut before the end of the fight right?
Yea. Kos is easily my least favorite active fighter, but even I was cringing watching that one. Huge respect for the fact that he was able to take that kind of punishment but he's damn lucky he didn't get some permanent damage there... Phone Post
9/30/12 12:47 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong

Van City 604 - Glover vs Manuwa would be sick, props to Kingsbu for facing those beasts Back 2 Back.
Seriously. I really hope they take into account he stepped to the plate and give him another shot. Phone Post
9/30/12 1:34 AM
Alpha Midget

Would love to see Jim smash jones Phone Post
9/30/12 3:47 AM
SOO72
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/12 3:47 AM
They need to take care of him he will probably be out a while. This is one of those times the UFC insurance comes in handy I bet.
9/30/12 3:52 AM
CindyO

I missed the prelims and want to see this fight soooo bad:(

PBP, anyone?

Cindy

9/30/12 3:59 AM
stonepony

"JBJ will surely dick tuck him in the future."
Someone always has to ruin a good thread with some really stupid shit.

Kyle is a stud. Every time he got hurt and went down, Manuaw turned away for the stand-up, and Kyle stood up immediately. A lot of other fighters in that situation will be intentionally slow to get up.
9/30/12 5:57 AM
spliff
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

I missed the prelims and want to see this fight soooo bad:(

PBP, anyone?

Cindy

I'd give you a link but 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.