UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> WWE Expected To Re-Sign Brock Lesnar At Lower Pay

9/30/12 1:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWE is expected t to re-sign Brock Lesnar following the impressive SummerSlam 2012 buyrate. Sources within WWE believe the company will offer him another deal but at a lower pay rate than his current deal. Unconfirmed reports earlier this year stated that Lesnar likely signed his current deal for around $5 million.
9/30/12 4:03 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/12 4:03 AM
Lesnar back to UFC? He probably has built-in payday with JDS and Mir III.
9/30/12 11:49 AM
RKing85
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lesnar goes where the money is.

So if the WWE offers him more than the UFC, he will stay. If the UFC offers him more, he will go back to the UFC.
9/30/12 12:31 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Lesnar makes a lot from fighting in UFC, it isn't UFC paying him all that, it is from sponsors.   If WWE lets him wear his Jack Links shit and all that, he will make more with them.

9/30/12 4:53 PM
Frills
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Capitalism is a beautiful thing Phone Post
9/30/12 7:43 PM
ArtMinaj

Frills -  Capitalism is a beautiful thing Phone Post

it can be yes.

10/1/12 1:17 AM
Ramirez83
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So does less money mean less appearances? Speaking of appearances how many left does Brock have on his current deal,I believe it was 35 but not sure how many he's used... Phone Post
10/1/12 2:37 AM
The Destroyer88

Training to get your ass kicked by the top heavyweights in the world is a lot harder than showing up a few times a year and beating the crap out of Cena and HHH. Even if the UFC offers more money I don't see Brock coming back to them. If he can make similar money and sit at his home 300+ days of the year doing whatever he'll be with the WWE for awhile.

10/1/12 11:57 AM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Destroyer88 - 

Training to get your ass kicked by the top heavyweights in the world is a lot harder than showing up a few times a year and beating the crap out of Cena and HHH. Even if the UFC offers more money I don't see Brock coming back to them. If he can make similar money and sit at his home 300+ days of the year doing whatever he'll be with the WWE for awhile.

...or he could come back for a few fights, and improve his negotiating position with WWE. I don't think he'll ever be a Top 5 HW again. The longer Lesnar stays away from the UFC, the less valuable he will become (unless he can also negotiate with Japanese wrestling companies, as well).
10/1/12 12:03 PM
ArtMinaj

The Destroyer88 - 

LOL @ Kane Valeqkiz or whoever being top in the world.

The top guys are in WWE.  Nobody knows who Fedor is outside of this site.  EVERYONE knows who Cena is.

10/1/12 12:21 PM
The Destroyer88

TSMontana - 
The Destroyer88 - 

...or he could come back for a few fights, and improve his negotiating position with WWE. I don't think he'll ever be a Top 5 HW again. The longer Lesnar stays away from the UFC, the less valuable he will become (unless he can also negotiate with Japanese wrestling companies, as well).

Again though, why bust your ass in the gym every day for months for peanuts compared to what you can make in the WWE working 30 days out of the year? If he were to main event at Mania against Taker that would earn him more money than fighting four times in the UFC in a year.

The majority of his money came from sponsors and ppv percentages anyways. Nobody is going to buy a UFC with him as a main event after getting dominated by two of the top HWs in the world.

And he became this big of a star by being in the WWE, not by being in the UFC. Only reason he ever got a shot in the UFC is because of his fame in the WWE.

10/1/12 2:24 PM
TSMontana

The Destroyer88 - 
TSMontana - 
The Destroyer88 - 

Again though, why bust your ass in the gym every day for months for peanuts compared to what you can make in the WWE working 30 days out of the year? If he were to main event at Mania against Taker that would earn him more money than fighting four times in the UFC in a year.

The majority of his money came from sponsors and ppv percentages anyways. Nobody is going to buy a UFC with him as a main event after getting dominated by two of the top HWs in the world.

And he became this big of a star by being in the WWE, not by being in the UFC. Only reason he ever got a shot in the UFC is because of his fame in the WWE.

It would be more of a farewell tour more than a return to the UFC. Let him fight Mir for a final time, and maybe some up-and-comer in the division. He'd improve his position by not giving in right away to sign a new contract. If WWE thinks Lesnar won't go back to MMA, they can lowball him (what else is Lesnar going to do). It's not so much how much he can make in UFC, rather how much he'll lose by giving in so easily.
10/1/12 2:51 PM
CryLikeAGirl
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Brock even need to work anymore? It's not even like he has a cable bill to pay.
10/3/12 1:37 PM
BillyRayChubbs
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the lifestyle Brock lives, he could retire NOW, and still be filthy rich!!!

He could do occasional WWE spots, and supplement his already large bank account.

The only reason (IMO) that he'd go back to MMA is because he wants to prove himself, and he loves fighting.

10/4/12 2:04 PM
Nonlinear

I seriously doubt rotten guts is going back to MMA.

10/7/12 9:12 AM
Kingofny23
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lesnar is going back to UFC next year. He has been training hardcore in secret the entire time. Phone Post
10/7/12 9:28 PM
ArtMinaj

BillyRayChubbs - 

With the lifestyle Brock lives, he could retire NOW, and still be filthy rich!!!

He could do occasional WWE spots, and supplement his already large bank account.

The only reason (IMO) that he'd go back to MMA is because he wants to prove himself, and he loves fighting.

The thing is, while competitive, at the same time Brock actually doesn't really care.  If he isn't the best in the world as a fighter, or asked to job in WWE, he has no problem with it.

I truly believe that he is what he says he is.  "Joe Blow", he likes the simple life.

As far as him still going on in WWE or even UFC, the guy can make money for his family.  Who knows if one of his kids wants to go to college in Italy one day or wants to start up a business. 

Not even a huge fan of the guy, but I respect what he does.

10/7/12 9:51 PM
ArtMinaj

SaintVon Barksdale - lol Art, you're killin' it b.

Haven't seen you around, so I figured I would help watch over your corners.  Guys like you and me have been around long enough to know how the game be.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.