UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Fat Gripz

9/30/12 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CWH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone out there lift with Fat Gripz?

I ordered a pair and plan to use them for the first time Tuesday morning.
9/30/12 7:22 PM
tristar
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use them all the time. Theyre great. Gonna order a pair of the Fat Gripz Extreme too Phone Post
9/30/12 9:18 PM
CWH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't see the extreme version. Very cool. Thanks.
9/30/12 10:20 PM
MattB ATC
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have used them and do enjoy adding them in occasionally to my training. I would forewarn though, that excessive grip training can be very taxing on your CNS, so just don't go overboard.
10/4/12 11:26 AM
DaNewf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of people say thick bar training is benificial and this is a fairly cheap way to get into it. I tried making my own first with different layers of tubing. They were a huge pain in the ass to get on and off mid work out (almost needed tools). I bought the Fat Gripz and they totally blow my DIY attempts away. Great quality, easy to put on/take off, don't move around on the bar.

That said, I don't use them very often. I've sort of bought into Jim Wendler's approach to grip strength, kroc rows and heavy deadlifts for reps. If I start doing curls again I might use them.
10/4/12 1:07 PM
Out To Lunch
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a pair, but I don't use them at all. Maybe I will start.
10/4/12 3:35 PM
Mrbrownfolks
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have recently started with iron bull 2 inch grips. From my limited experience, I enjoy the product. I bought them to help with my gi grip strength.
10/4/12 7:27 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a pair and rarely use them. in my experience, they are not useable on a pullup bar because they spin around...i have a smooth bar, but i guess they would probably work if the bar is knurled. other than that, they are decent for most exercises, but i still get some movement on them. they are a cheap way to simulate a fat bar, but not nearly as good as a real fat bar. but its hard to complain for the price
10/5/12 12:36 PM
vermonter
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made a pair with duct tape and paper towels. It's adjustable and cost maybe a dollar for both.
10/6/12 4:42 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - Why not just buy some insulation tubing for pipes. I saw these and thought they weren't worth the price.

Anyway, if grip strength is required - why not just add more weight to your lifts?

I reckon it's just another gimmick that looks functional. Phone Post
Gripping a heavy broom stick is a lot different than gripping a man's wrist or forearm. They are functional. In fact, studies show that using a fatter bar or grip on deadlifts, curls, bench, and shoulder press engages more muscle than a regular bar. Phone Post
10/9/12 9:24 PM
CWH

I'm enjoying them. I can feel my grip and forearms being worked for exercise bar that I apply them too.

Was a good buy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.