UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> NAT type on Xbox?

9/30/12 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PepperUK
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone explain nat type to me please.

I have always had a laggy cod connection on my Xbox, and my nat has always been open. For some reason it's now moderate, nothing has changed so I don't know why it's changed.

Now it's moderate I am an absolute beast. Last 5 games I have gotten the highest k/d radio I have ever done. I'm slipping bullets matrix style. Killing people in just a couple of shots.

It's really nice being on this end of lag for a change. Phone Post
9/30/12 9:15 PM
Dr. Cheffa
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your connection will be better but u won't be able to connect to as many people Phone Post
10/1/12 4:44 AM
PepperUK
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to open nat type, now back to lag city. Phone Post
10/1/12 5:31 AM
PepperUK

LindeUsesMyMouthAsAToilet -

You're bad and have to use connectivity to gain an advantage.

I'm no mlg pro that's true. But I empty a clip into someone they turn around and shot me 3 times and I die. I watch the kill cam and I am still running and not even raised the gun. I don't see how anyone can really play well when the lag is this bad.

Like I said when I had a moderate nat type I had a great connection. I was on a level playing field with everyone else and destroying them.

What I can't understand is why with a moderate nat would my connection be better then with a open nat. Phone Post
10/1/12 2:37 PM
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your NAT type should always be set to "Moderate" for best gaming experience.

Here is some more info, and other tips, specific to network performance in gaming:

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/479758-understanding-how-nat-types-affect-online-connectivity

10/1/12 3:13 PM
PepperUK

BKViper -

Your NAT type should always be set to "Moderate" for best gaming experience.

Here is some more info, and other tips, specific to network performance in gaming:

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/479758-understanding-how-nat-types-affect-online-connectivity

Well that does not say moderate is the best nat for gaming. However I certainly found a massive difference with open and moderate nat. I assumed a open nat would be a better connection. I was so very wrong.

So I have looked on google and all it tells you it how to get a open nat.

Anyone know how to set Xbox to a moderate nat from open? Phone Post
10/1/12 4:06 PM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the main reasons I stopped playing COD, empty clips on guys that aren't looking and somehow miss every bullet, they turn, shoot 2 bullets and I'm dead. Phone Post
10/3/12 12:00 PM
PepperUK

TTT anyone know how to change nat from open to moderate?? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.