UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> **Official St. Louis Rams Thread**

9/30/12 9:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MisQ x
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets discuss the team, they are 2-2 and have as many wins as last year.

Week 1: 23-27loss against @Detroit
Week 2: 31-28 win against Redskins
Week 3: 6-23 loss against @Chicago
Week 4: 19-13 win against Seattle

Positives:

The defense has looked good, it has had a poor showing in the run defense department. Not a complete surprise with weak outside linebackers. The defensive line has been getting good pressure on opposing QB's. Janoris Jenkins is playing spectacular and proving he should have been a first round pick. Finnegan is looking like a great acquisition on the field with his play and mentality.

Offensively, Amendola is looking like a great slot receiver for many years to come. Bradford is playing well, but has been getting hit due to the weak offensive line. Steven Jackson is playing well and the Darryl Richardson may have found himself to be a future starting running back. Jeff Fisher is coaching the team to fight though adversity and play until the end of the game.

Special teams, since Jeff Wilkinson left at kicker it seems that the Rams have not had a kicker they can count on. Brown missed to many easy kicks and killed momentum, now Zuerlein is showing to be a top kicker in the league with his league.

Negatives:

Offensive line has not played we'll, but LT and Center are both hurt. WR's are still not playing well, they don't have a solid number one guy. TE's have not been playing consistently as well.

Defense has had the biggest problems in the run game. I could be wrong but I think the Rams only gave up 2 passing TD's on the season. Run defense has given up a TD every game.

Overall:
For a team that was 2-14 last year, the Rams have improved drastically and will no longer be an easy out.
Discuss anything Rams here, what do they need to improve or what they are doing well. Phone Post
10/3/12 10:31 PM
MisQ x

TTT for any rams fans. Big game tomorrow. Phone Post
10/3/12 10:41 PM
drywallerdave

They got a damn tough schedule ahead 8-8 at best Phone Post
10/4/12 12:13 AM
MisQ x

drywallerdave - They got a damn tough schedule ahead 8-8 at best Phone Post
Hey if they can win 8 games, that is a 400% improvement. I'd take it. If the Rams win this game it will be their 1st time over .500 since 2006. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:23 AM
YousHerName
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the rams Phone Post
10/4/12 12:34 AM
mje364
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisQ x - TTT for any rams fans. Big game tomorrow. Phone Post
I'll be at the game :) Phone Post
10/4/12 12:37 AM
MisQ x

mje364 -
MisQ x - TTT for any rams fans. Big game tomorrow. Phone Post
I'll be at the game :) Phone Post
Nice, I wanted to go because my is a chiefs fan, so we were going to go to both game. Unfortunately, I have to work.

I'm going to hope for a win and see some improvement. Janoris Jenkins is a beast. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:38 AM
MisQ x

Jacobmccrmck - Man I hope Jackson heals up or sits a game out to recoup. He is seriously fucking my fantasy team lol. Not sure why they don't sit him for one game so he can heal. He hasn't been able to be productive and Richardson looks solid. We will see tomorrow Phone Post
He's too important to the team, even if he doesn't play the full game he just brings a tough mindset. I'm glad they are getting depth behind him. I don't want to see him as a broken old man. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:40 AM
Tre Mendez
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me Bradford is too indecisive and holds onto the ball too long. Granted this is like his 4th offense in 3 years butt throw the ball away dammit! He takes too many hits and it's not always entirely on the weak o line. This season has already surpassed my expectations though. Phone Post
10/4/12 12:45 AM
Xavier23
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yeah!!!!!
8-8 I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not expecting that. This is the youngest team in the nfl and will lose a few games they should've won, like against Detroit. But they will be in those games because of Jeff Fisher. It is immediately apparent that the attitude has changed. Here's to hoping the redskins go 1-16 the next two seasons! Phone Post
10/4/12 12:53 AM
Es_stoooooopid

FRAT Phone Post
10/4/12 12:56 AM
Xavier23
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tre Mendez - To me Bradford is too indecisive and holds onto the ball too long. Granted this is like his 4th offense in 3 years butt throw the ball away dammit! He takes too many hits and it's not always entirely on the weak o line. This season has already surpassed my expectations though. Phone Post
Agreed. He has held on to the ball too long at times, locked on to Danny A too much at times, and has heavy feet in the pocket at times. IMO I've seen enough of him having good pocket presence, looking off defenders, and not forcing things to think he's the real deal. I see him having a serviceable year, then making the leap next year IF they shore up the line and get him a true no. 1 receiver (heck maybe quick or givens can be that guy). He needs to find consistency and rhythm. Just look at the redskins game for proof. Again that's just what I see, and I'm my saying your bashing him or anything. Just got excited to see a rams thread lol. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:06 AM
MisQ x

Xavier23 -
Tre Mendez - To me Bradford is too indecisive and holds onto the ball too long. Granted this is like his 4th offense in 3 years butt throw the ball away dammit! He takes too many hits and it's not always entirely on the weak o line. This season has already surpassed my expectations though. Phone Post
Agreed. He has held on to the ball too long at times, locked on to Danny A too much at times, and has heavy feet in the pocket at times. IMO I've seen enough of him having good pocket presence, looking off defenders, and not forcing things to think he's the real deal. I see him having a serviceable year, then making the leap next year IF they shore up the line and get him a true no. 1 receiver (heck maybe quick or givens can be that guy). He needs to find consistency and rhythm. Just look at the redskins game for proof. Again that's just what I see, and I'm my saying your bashing him or anything. Just got excited to see a rams thread lol. Phone Post
Agreed man, good take. Fisher will improve his game and it has been seen so far. The Rams have gone against tough offensive teams this year and are missing 2 starting OL. He will get better. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:08 AM
TzTinkle
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan bring a whole new attitude to the team, I'm just hoping Janoris can hold it together off the field. I want to know what is going on with Pead, is Richardson outplaying him that much?
10/4/12 1:13 AM
DarnSevern
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YousHerName - Fuck the rams Phone Post
GO HAWKS! Phone Post
10/4/12 1:15 AM
slo ko
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I'm going to the Jets game. A week ago I was sure I was going. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:17 AM
TzTinkle
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tre Mendez -  To me Bradford is too indecisive and holds onto the ball too long. Granted this is like his 4th offense in 3 years butt throw the ball away dammit! He takes too many hits and it's not always entirely on the weak o line. This season has already surpassed my expectations though. Phone Post

I don't he'll ever be elite, but if you get him a better line he can be a game managing 1-2 TD 250-300 yds a game QB.
10/4/12 1:21 AM
mje364
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan bring a whole new attitude to the team, I'm just hoping Janoris can hold it together off the field. I want to know what is going on with Pead, is Richardson outplaying him that much?
I was put off a little by the pead pick. It's to early to tell if he's gonna be good but Richardson has had a couple solid weeks. He looked pretty decent in the skins game. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:22 AM
MisQ x

TzTinkle - Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan bring a whole new attitude to the team, I'm just hoping Janoris can hold it together off the field. I want to know what is going on with Pead, is Richardson outplaying him that much?
It seems that way. Pead may just need more developing time. Not a big deal. He has time to showcase for this season for bigger hopes next season. Phone Post
10/4/12 10:06 PM
Xavier23

Heck of a half. They can fucking do this! Phone Post
10/4/12 10:07 PM
46and2degrees

Nice half for the Rams, I hope they can pull it off. Phone Post
10/4/12 10:09 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rams front 4 looks awesome.
10/4/12 10:10 PM
MisQ x

Yeah defense is looking spectacular. Phone Post
10/4/12 10:11 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

greasy move by fitz on Jenkins.

10/4/12 10:40 PM
Xavier23

Sammy come on! Those were some great blitz calls right there by AZ. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.