UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> **Official St. Louis Rams Thread**

10/9/12 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MisQ x
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

random_perv - Somebody break down the Miami match up I'm pretty pumped. Phone Post
I'll write something in a bit. Phone Post
10/9/12 8:04 PM
dizz
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a 49ers fan, I'll say that I like you guys more than the dickhole Seahawks and dipshit Cardinals

I like Jeff Fisher

10/9/12 8:19 PM
random_perv

MisQ x -
random_perv - Somebody break down the Miami match up I'm pretty pumped. Phone Post
I'll write something in a bit. Phone Post
Great :) Phone Post
10/9/12 8:19 PM
random_perv

dizz -

As a 49ers fan, I'll say that I like you guys more than the dickhole Seahawks and dipshit Cardinals

I like Jeff Fisher

Yeah Fisher really turned this team around. Phone Post
10/9/12 8:31 PM
HardCoreZen
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YousHerName - Fuck the rams Phone Post
Why you!!!!! I'm going to kill you until you are dead from it! Phone Post
10/9/12 8:52 PM
MisQ x

St. Louis Rams vs. Miami Dolphins

The key to the game Miami's Rush Offense vs. Rams Rush Defense, the Dolphins rush offense ranks 8th in the league, averaging 136 YPG, while the Rams rank 18 in defensive rushing yards giving up 118 YPG. ALthough the Rams have been gashed in the run game, it has been to some physical backs so far. Lynch, Seahawks, and Morris, Redskins, both had big games against the Rams. They did shut down the Bears and Cardinals in the run game. Bush had his biggest game against the Oakland Raiders defense that accounted for about 40% of his whole season. It will come down to the Rams making sure they do not give up big plays and put the ball in Tannehill's hands.

The Rams defense has the things to make a rookie QB struggle. Two defensive ends that can get pressure and CB's to press the WR's. Hartline and Bess are not big physical receivers and Jenkins and Finnegan are to good to let the big plays beat them. Facing some really good receivers in the league like Johnson and Fitzgerald and locking them down for the most part. Rams pass defense is only giving up a 72 passer rating and 2 passing TD's all year. They also have 8 Interceptions on the year. The Rams match up well with the Dolphins offense and I don't see Dolphins gaining a lot of points if the Rams continue to play the way they have.

Rams offense is a different story, they are 30th in the league passing the ball. The offensive line has not delivered a clean pocket a lot of the games. Bradford has held onto the ball longer than he should sometimes, but he is not working with top notch talent on the outside. With Amendola going out to injury Givens, Pettis, Gibson, Kendricks, and Smith will have to step up and play better. Gibson has had moments of big play ability, but has dropped some easy passes also. If the Rams want to win they will need to throw the ball against the 27th pass defense in the league. If the run game is there against Miami's number one rush defense, that will enable the Rams win with ease. If the dolphins are forced to stack the box, Givens can get downfield for big plays.

My Prediction:

This is a trap game for the Rams, it will show a lot of maturity for the Rams to win this game. It is now for the Rams to beat teams they should and not lose games they are expected to win. They have had a week and half to come up with a gameplan and get some more practice time with Bradford. Fisher has the experience to not let this team falter in a big game.

I see Miami struggling on offense and the Rams forcing some TO's like they did against other Rookie QB's in Griffen III, and Wilson. Bush will not get a big play against the Rams, they have been gashed for 10 yard runs, but not those killer runs of 30 plus. Bradford should find a rhythm against a weak passing defense and have a solid game. When he played a weak defense in Washington, he had his best game. The Rams have gone against good defenses all year, expect a different Rams offense.

24-10 St. Louis, they shut it down early and get easy scores because the defense will cause some TO's and allow good field positions for the offense.
10/9/12 10:08 PM
Xavier23
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz -

I like Jeff Fisher

Ha! I for one am looking forward to the rams being more competitive and not getting raped against sf every time out. I miss when Rams vs Niners mattered. I miss hating your guys' guts lol! Phone Post
10/9/12 10:27 PM
MisQ x

TTT FOR RAMS DISCUSSION Phone Post
10/9/12 10:50 PM
Xavier23
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They really need to prove they can win on the road. Phone Post
10/9/12 11:17 PM
RandyIsMyDad
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEGATRON!!! Greg the Leg has become a folk hero amongst my friends and me. If it wasn't for redzone we'd have no idea who he was, but now watching him kick is the most exciting part of our Sundays. Phone Post
10/9/12 11:42 PM
random_perv

MisQ x - TTT FOR RAMS DISCUSSION Phone Post
Great breakdown I will be expecting one every game now. I agree with everything you said. Hopefully he can force them to pass. We really struggle running the ball this year. I think we should switch to a 50/50 with Jackson and the other running back who's name slips my mind at the moment. I think we should call more screens as Bradford is constantly getting pressured. If we do that I think he can find a rhythm to pick them apart. Phone Post
10/9/12 11:43 PM
random_perv

RandyIsMyDad - LEGATRON!!! Greg the Leg has become a folk hero amongst my friends and me. If it wasn't for redzone we'd have no idea who he was, but now watching him kick is the most exciting part of our Sundays. Phone Post
Yes our rookie kicker and punter are awesome. Phone Post
10/11/12 1:55 PM
MisQ x

TTT Phone Post
10/11/12 2:42 PM
beastmode26

MisQ x - TTT Phone Post
I liked the breakdown. But you left out what has been the on to the biggest reasons for success, IMO, for the Rams which is their special teams. With their d playing great and their o playing bad, Greg the leg has been phenomenal. It wouldn't surprise me if he kicks a 65 yarder this year. His leg is electric. Also, Johnny Hekker has been turning the field position around regularly. He set the franchise record for gross punting average against Patrick Peterson returning. And you remember how good Donnie jones was as a punter. Until our offense improves we are gonna win low scoring games with our defense and special teams Phone Post
10/11/12 3:35 PM
MisQ x

I agree with the special teams. Good analysis, I hope we can with offense and our special teams can supplement that. I don't want zeurlein to be our main scoring. Hopefully the offense can play well enough. Phone Post
10/11/12 3:59 PM
beastmode26

MisQ x - I agree with the special teams. Good analysis, I hope we can with offense and our special teams can supplement that. I don't want zeurlein to be our main scoring. Hopefully the offense can play well enough. Phone Post
I'm even more worried about the o now that amendola is hurt. He has 32 of the teams 85 receptions, with the next highest being Gibson with 13. That's over 1/3 of our passing offense. We will have to win games the same way we beat the cardinals until a receiver steps up. Our season depends on the d and special teams, and I think we can go at least 8-8 Phone Post
10/11/12 4:08 PM
MisQ x

8-8 would be a great season. I'll take 7, as long as they keep showing the growth they have shown so far:

I honestly think our offense will be okay. If they give Bradford time he will find the available options. Kendricks will be the key to unlocking this passing game. Phone Post
10/11/12 4:36 PM
beastmode26

A key will be keeping turnovers down. We don't score enough points as a team to get someone short fields Phone Post
10/11/12 4:53 PM
World Peace's Left Elbow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know how I missed this thread. Been loving this season, but I agree, there are places the team can improve at. I think OL is going to have to be the first place they draft next year. Phone Post
10/11/12 4:54 PM
World Peace's Left Elbow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here:

Phone Post
10/11/12 4:58 PM
random_perv

It's reported that Danny should be back in four weeks. Phone Post
10/11/12 5:21 PM
beastmode26

World Peace's Left Elbow - Don't know how I missed this thread. Been loving this season, but I agree, there are places the team can improve at. I think OL is going to have to be the first place they draft next year. Phone Post
I would like to also get a big time playmaker in the draft. We won't have Steven Jackson much longer(I think we let him out of his contract after the season or something) and pead and Richardson just don't look like starting caliber. I like lattimore out of S Carolina(had knee surgery tho). We have multiple first and 2nd round picks so our future is looking great Phone Post
10/11/12 5:26 PM
World Peace's Left Elbow

beastmode26 -
World Peace's Left Elbow - Don't know how I missed this thread. Been loving this season, but I agree, there are places the team can improve at. I think OL is going to have to be the first place they draft next year. Phone Post
I would like to also get a big time playmaker in the draft. We won't have Steven Jackson much longer(I think we let him out of his contract after the season or something) and pead and Richardson just don't look like starting caliber. I like lattimore out of S Carolina(had knee surgery tho). We have multiple first and 2nd round picks so our future is looking great Phone Post
I think the priority list is:
O-Line
Wide Receiver
OLB Phone Post
10/11/12 5:38 PM
beastmode26

World Peace's Left Elbow -
beastmode26 -
I think the priority list is:
O-Line
Wide Receiver
OLB Phone Post
Keenan Allen or Justin hunter around 15 would be legit. I've never been big on drafting oline first round. And olb has a strong class but the best two will be top 5 picks. And I see us having our first pick within 13-17 Phone Post
10/11/12 5:53 PM
scourge
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub, go Rams

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.