UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Should I look into the Walking Dead games?

10/1/12 2:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chael Sonnen Money
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should I? True the demo for the first one, moved a bit slow for me. Phone Post
10/1/12 6:25 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Playing through the first and yeah it's a bit slow. Good story and characters though. Phone Post
10/1/12 8:42 AM
PrettyCoolGuy
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't like the sound of it when I saw it first either, but after watching a youtube clip I thought I'd give it a go.

One of my favourite games of all time now, so compelling and emotional, really makes you feel as though you're there for real. 10/10, must buy!
10/1/12 11:21 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm about to bite the bullet and grab them. How much play time am i going to get out of the 3(?) out now? I was waiting for some episodes to come out because i figure they're short, and see if they kept coming out before i committed!

10/1/12 12:44 PM
bonersaurus
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are 2 to 3 hours each. The replay value is there too as decisions made create very large ripple effects in the story. Phone Post
10/1/12 2:29 PM
BKViper
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I absolutely look the games.  They are very engaging.

I got them for the iPad and it is the perfect game for the touch interface.

I'm actually glad I went that route, rather than a console version, even though the episode release is one behind the consoles.

Each one so far lasts about 3 hours.  So, around 15 hours total, once all 5 episodes are released.  For the $20 I paid for all 5 on the iPad, I am very happy with my value for cost.

And one other note, I have never read the comic book, I have never seen the TV show, and I'm not really a big fan of the zombie genre.  So if any of those concern you, I can tell you that it didn't take away from me loving this game.

I have purchased over 220 games so far this year, between PC, consoles, iPad, and I put this one easily in the Top 10.

10/1/12 3:00 PM
CryLikeAGirl
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Episode 1 does start out slow, but it does pick up. Episode 2 is very mysterious, then gets fucking crazy. Episode 3 hits on a very emotional level and leaves you with a "WTF" type feeling. I don't ever remember being this emotionally invested in a game.

Also, you decide to save/not save some main characters in the first Episode. If you save them, the contribute greatly in the next few episodes. The story and character relationships will be quite different depending on your choices.
10/1/12 7:21 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought it for my gf. It's as much fun to watch as to play. For the money, I like it fine.

10/1/12 7:35 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes go out and buy the episodes great game. First ep is a bit slow but gets a lot better.
10/1/12 11:23 PM
Chael Sonnen Money
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it better to have on my Xbox, or my iPod? Phone Post
10/1/12 11:54 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xbox imo why play on a small screen when you can play on a tv.
10/2/12 3:26 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I liked the first episode, you really do pause and contemplate all the big decisions and when you're done you just want to check out the others. I've got the others there but I'm playing too much Faster Than Light at the moment.
10/2/12 2:30 PM
BKViper
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen Money -  Is it better to have on my Xbox, or my iPod? Phone Post

I think the iPad is the ideal platform.

The game is perfect for touch interface.

That being said, I think the iPod is too small of a screen, so if you don't have an iPad, I would get it on Xbox.  I just can't game on an iPod or iPhone after having an iPad.

10/4/12 3:51 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Just finished episode 3. Fucking amazing shit gets very real.

When is 4 out. Phone Post
10/4/12 7:02 AM
The Blizz
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - Just finished episode 3. Fucking amazing shit gets very real.

When is 4 out. Phone Post
probably the end of this month. Phone Post
10/4/12 11:43 AM
Bigjon29
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen Money - Should I? True the demo for the first one, moved a bit slow for me. Phone Post
Phone Post
10/4/12 12:46 PM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's honestly my GotY so far because of its story/originality of gameplay

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.