UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> White: McCorkle turned down Cormier, disgusted

10/1/12 4:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“It fucking makes me sick,” White said, according MMA Junkie. “Listen, we offered this giant jackass a way back in under the ZUFFA umbrella and he says he would rather fight some of the tougher MMA fighters like Brian Heden and Richard White".

“It makes no sense to me, and it’s insane. I’m a little bummed out by it. We’ll figure it out. Yeah, [McCorkle has already got a fight booked]. He said, ‘I’ll just take that one.’”

There’s no reason to be surprised that White took a few moments after an unrelated event to call McCorkle insane and imply that he is a coward, since throwing fighters under the bus when they make a decision that doesn’t immediately make his own life easier is the norm for White. But choosing Sean McCorkle as a scapegoat is particularly strange in this instance.

If White offered McCorkle a substantial contract, in effect, to fight Cormier and save that November Strikeforce event, he didn’t say so. Absent that, it is hard to understand what White meant when he said this was a “big opportunity,” for McCorkle

Sean McCorkle is an ex UFC fighter with, perhaps, more name recognition than Cormier. McCorkle would be giving up a spot on the UFC’s New Year’s Eve card to fight in what will more than likely be a half-full stadium in the UFC’s minor league.

10/1/12 5:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.