UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> I need motivation

10/1/12 8:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be all about working out. I was losing my belly I was down to 180 lbs. now I blew up to 195. I forgot what motivated me to work out in the first place. I need to be motivated again so I came here to the S/C ground. Help? Phone Post
10/1/12 4:13 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you don't want to be a fatty but you need the internet to 'motivate' you to do it? Good luck with that.

And just so I'm not a total dick in my response, girls like hooooooooooge gunz bro.
10/1/12 6:48 PM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - So you don't want to be a fatty but you need the internet to 'motivate' you to do it? Good luck with that.

And just so I'm not a total dick in my response, girls like hooooooooooge gunz bro.
No I meant I used to be fit. I was in pretty good shape. I don't know what happened. Phone Post
10/1/12 7:42 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You probably stopped working out and started eating badly or too much.

If you want to be in shape again then work out and eat right. Otherwise don't.

Goddammit I'm being too much of an asshole on the internet today, but it's too easy. Seriously though, no one can tell from your post what made you want to be in shape in the first place. Some people have external goals (like a sport) and when the goal is met they slack off. Some people have negative internal motivation (I was fat in high school, they made fun of me, I'll show them!) and that can go off the rails as well.

The best advice I have is to be fit because it almost certainly will make you feel better and is a gateway to other things that will make you feel better.
10/1/12 9:06 PM
1800champagne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get involved in a sport.
Find a workout buddy.
10/1/12 10:42 PM
shootfighterbull

Do you want to better yourself? Then work the fuck out. You should always be trying to be a better you. Phone Post
10/2/12 7:46 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like you lost your groove and just need to get back on the horse. The first workout is always the hardest. I challenge you not to workout after watching this video. And since you have a blue name please post for others to see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pIkeA_ZZg
10/3/12 12:33 PM
The Adversary
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This may sound cheesy/silly, but it's just an option for motivation. Print a picture of someone with a body you would like yours to look like and post it on the fridge next to a picture of your own fat ass.

Then get a plan together for your diet and commit to it. Pretend you're a fighter and you're going into fight camp for 8 weeks and can't afford to slip up. Keep it straight for two months and see how you look/feel. Then reassess your diet as needed along with your goals goals, e.g. weight loss vs. muscle gains.

Just don't try to do too much at once. A lot of people get crazy and go full speed on some crossfit type training while eating next to nothing. You will only get in your own way.

It's all mental.

DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKING THIN GUY?!?!?

-BLAF
10/3/12 4:57 PM
CMX
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im right there with you man, a year ago i was 170 and either at the gym or boxing, right now im 207, picked up running again but i need to get back into a gym and get motivated again Phone Post
10/3/12 5:45 PM
dizz
607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this doesn't do it...

10/3/12 9:33 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/09/12 7:02 PM
10/8/12 11:45 AM
shadallion
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That boxing vid was sick Phone Post
10/9/12 1:42 PM
Bry Bry

my motivation is almost gone as well..i just dont have much fire anymore...i have to force myself to workout and taking a few days off here and there just makes me lazy and content with sitting around..ugghh..problem is, i dont feel 'right' when im not working out regularly yet i have to force myself to hit the weights..its more of an addiction than anything at this point..
10/9/12 5:35 PM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is this "motivation" you seek? I mean literally, what is it?
10/9/12 8:32 PM
voodoo child
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When this forum started as submissionfighting.com, I joined. I was in the first 300 or so members. I weighed about 185lbs and had a great physique. I was training with Renzo Gracie in NYC. Those were the good ol' days. As time passed, I had to start working full-time and take on the responsibilities of owning a home. As the years progressed I trained less and less due to injuries and flat out laziness. I tried to regain that physique through the use of anabolic steroids and while it worked for the cycle, I lost my gains shortly after because I injured my back from heavy lifting and stopped working out for almost a year. Fast forward till today, I am 315lbs and only 5'8". I have severe sleep apnea but no health insurance so I can't get that machine to help me breathe at night. Before I fall asleep sometimes I wonder if I'm gonna wake up again. My weight has negatively affected my asthma and I have to use a nebulizer a few times a day. Luckily I have saved up a stock of albuterol but once thats done I'm pretty fucked. I'm unemployed because my former co-workers and boss conspired to have me fired from the only job that I ever truly enjoyed and while I challenged them in court and won my unemployment benefits, I haven't been able to find another job and my unemployment ends in December. I'm also facing having my house foreclosed upon so I might end up on the street for the holidays. And the worst part is that I'm alone. My knees hurt when I wake up cause of the weight. I've had heart palpitations frequently and angina. There's a chance I can be a borderline diabetic. Because of my gut I can't even see my d*** if it's not hard. And the last time I was able to see a physician, my blood pressure was so high he wanted to intern me and put me on medications. I saw the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" from Joe Cross and with the last $200 to my name I bought a juicer. I have been on a modified juice fast for 10 days (I consumed oatmeal one day and soft boil eggs the other but nothing else) and plan to continue for as long as I can. The hunger pain is immense and it sucks. The juices taste like shit but I find ways of continuing. Cause I mean lets face it, if I don't I won't make it to 40. So if you want motivation, think of me. What I wouldn't give to be 195lbs again.
10/17/12 9:44 AM
kikenyoy
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voodoo Child,

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
10/17/12 3:53 PM
CumCult1672

This motivates me every time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.