UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> I miss Chris Benoit

10/1/12 1:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/12 1:50 PM

I know saying his name is like a bad word in the business but god damn his work was SO solid. Some of my favorite matches involved Benoit both in WWE and WCW. He worked heel & face to perfection.

What's sad is that all his matches are lost forever as the WWE and put all his matches in the vault, never to be released again. He had some classic matches involving men like Eddy, Angle, Jericho, Booker T etc... I hope wherever  he is, he's at peace.

But memories last forever

10/1/12 1:55 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck him Phone Post
10/1/12 1:58 PM
Jack Skellington
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwoCanVanneDamne -  Fuck him Phone Post

yup

10/1/12 1:58 PM
Matt "Meals on Wheels" Hitman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benoit vs Sullivan's falls count anywhere matches were fucking great. First time I remember seeing a brawl in the bathroom.
10/1/12 2:09 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was never a fan when he was alive.  Dude should have been mid card at best.  Putting the title on him was stupid.  No charisma, no personality.  Yeah, fuck him.

10/1/12 2:12 PM
Wiggy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His cage match with Angle on Raw (where he did the flying headbutt off the top of the cage and Angle missed the moonsault off the top of the cage) is still one of my all-time favs.
10/1/12 2:25 PM
Jack Skellington

ArtMinaj - 

I was never a fan when he was alive.  Dude should have been mid card at best.  Putting the title on him was stupid.  No charisma, no personality.  Yeah, fuck him.

i respectfully disagree

10/1/12 2:30 PM
CryLikeAGirl
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like it or not, some good did come out of the whole Benoit situation. Because of him, WWE did away with unprotected chair shots to the head. Who knows how many lives that will end up saving.
10/1/12 2:42 PM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to seperate a man from such a horrible deed. In the end though he was the victim of a destructive life style. It is sad to think noone noticed or cared about the immense amounts of brain damage he inflicted on himself.
10/1/12 2:46 PM
The Destroyer88

Still one of my all time favorites. Yeah what he did to his wife and kid and to the wrestling world in general was horrible. That doesn't take away from what a great worker he was.

Ric Flair is a piece of shit in real life but nobody takes that into consideration when discussing him as one of the all time greats. Not trying to compare being a complete mess to murdering your family, just saying, remember the guy for what he did in the ring and not for what he did outside of it.

10/1/12 3:06 PM
Jack Skellington

understood, I wont vote u down for that cause in reality, you're correct

what he did was unforgivable

10/1/12 3:13 PM
MMARAIDER

I miss him too Phone Post
10/1/12 4:35 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington -

understood, I wont vote u down for that cause in reality, you're correct

what he did was unforgivable

No question the guy was good, but I can't overlook his crimes when thinking of him. Shame I know but there it is Phone Post
10/1/12 5:44 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss him too.

I'll always respect the excellence he showed inside that ring. In a time when most guys have such a limited skill set it's makes the tragedy of his death even worse. His legacy inside that ring is lost to us.

Even if he wasn't in his right mind back in June of 2007 that doesn't excuse him for what he did either. With all that time on the road he had to know something was wrong. He chose to work a schedule and live a life that destroyed his mind. He should've known when to quit and when not to let his passion destroy his life and his family's.

They say he was paying child support to his first wife. Maybe that's why he stayed in the game, who knows.
10/1/12 7:02 PM
ArtMinaj

Jack Skellington - 
ArtMinaj - 

i respectfully disagree

Hey man, most people do.

10/1/12 7:27 PM
danny A
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loved the work he did, but if there's a hell he deserves to be there. He could have stepped away from the business for a year when things got bad. If you're going to take the coward's way out take your own life first.
10/1/12 7:31 PM
Dawggy
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benoit/Angle at royal rumble '03 is one of my favorite matches ever. Angle/Michaels WM21 was slightly better.
10/1/12 7:35 PM
ArtMinaj

Well I have said my peace about him and yeah it was harsh, but in his defense, he was seriously mentally ill.  He was taking different routes home from the airport because he thought he was being followed.  He really lost his mind there.

Not saying what he did was OK, but that's something to consider. 

Also consider why he didn't just off himself, but I think he felt in his messed up mind that this was the way it needed to be.  God, it's been years, but the whole thing is seriously just fucked up and mind boggling.

10/1/12 9:36 PM
torquemada
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I go along with William Regal. I'm a fan except for the last few days.
A friend was a ref at the time and worked with him. Said everyone was absolutely shocked. Also said that he didn't fuck around on the road like a lot of guys. Phone Post
10/1/12 9:55 PM
Jack Skellington

10/1/12 10:04 PM
aces_taylor
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, What he did was disgusting...
I was never a big fan nor did I ever dislike him, he was just kinda "there" in my opinion. My only good wrestling memory about Benoit was his best of 7 series with Booker T over the US title. They would have matches on Nitro and also Saturday Night. I remember that fondly because WCW Saturday always had shit main events for the most part. Phone Post
10/1/12 10:08 PM
grizz632
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone should be a fan of what he did in the ring, and no one should ever forget what he did outside of it. When I watch the '94 Super J Cup, or the '03 Rumble, or any of the other countless tremendous matches he had over the years, I'm watching Chris Benoit the performer, not the person. The performer was one of the most brilliant workers we've ever seen. The person was a deeply disturbed and mentally unstable man who committed an unforgivably heinous act. I don't have a problem separating them, though I can see how some people would. But, as much as WWE wants to, you can't simply erase him from history, imo.
10/2/12 1:27 AM
ns_echoes
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, I haven't watched wrestling in years. I still kind of read up on it every few months out of curiosity, but have little interest in tuning in.

That said, Benoit was my favourite wrestler for quite some time. I was always excited to see him perform, but would get frustrated over how poorly he was utilized during much of his WCW run.

If you look at the best workers in wrestling history, Benoit's name has to be mentioned. He could deliver on so many different levels, working any number of styles, and had a tendency to bring out the best in guys. Plus, there was nothing tacky about his offence. Everything had a purpose and looked brutal.

I remember the first time I watched his ECW match against Al Snow. I felt so bad for Snow because he was getting murdered in the ring. But that was perhaps Benoit's greatest strength, he brought a no-nonsense style that resonated with many fans.

It's a shame possibly the greatest worker ever will be forgotten over time. But on the other hand, fuck him.

10/2/12 2:03 AM
bruddahoodaman
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have liked to have seen his last run in wwecw Phone Post
10/2/12 5:01 PM
BigTedBear
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its real hard for me to watch any of his matches because of what he did. However I would say if I watch any Eddie or Curt you just want to watch more. Oh what would people have thought of Benoit if he passed in his sleep. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.