UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW 'likes' Cormier vs. Jones idea

10/1/12 8:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Through 12 fights and four title defenses, Jon Jones has made a pretty strong case that he’s close to cleaning out the list of contenders at 205.

However, Strikeforce heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier has hinted around at dropping down to 205 once his final bout is finished with Zuffa’s sister promotion. His target would be none other than Jon Jones.

The fight is anything but official and at this stage of the game only a fantasy bout for fans to theorize about, but UFC President Dana White gets a big smile on his face whenever this potential powder keg title fight comes up.

“That’d be interesting,” White said with a smirk when asked about a potential Jones vs. Cormier fight. “I like it."

White has stated that he will never pressure a fighter to move weight classes outside of stating an opinion, but he knows if Daniel Cormier could make the move down to light heavyweight, he would be a force immediately.

Read entire article...

10/1/12 8:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MachidasBrew 209TT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier takes it!!! Phone Post
10/1/12 8:21 PM
Gortcho
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Jones gets his ass kicked. Would love to see it. Phone Post
10/1/12 8:24 PM
voorhees

I am not sold on the idea of cormier having a good chance vs. jones.

Jones has the reach to negate Cormiers striking and wrestling.
Only thing Barnett is better than Jones at a this point is Submissions,and Barnett was able to hold off Cormier for the most part for 5 rounds.

I say Jones knees and elbows Cormier apart if this happens.
10/1/12 8:28 PM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm DYING to see this fight! I think Jones gets dumped on his ass and pounded out.

Glover is another guy Jones is likely to meet in the future, plus Hendo obviously. Plenty of work for Jones before moving to heavyweight.
10/1/12 8:29 PM
AJS19ad6
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cormier would give him a run for his money.. Phone Post
10/1/12 8:29 PM
KnownothingFan

Cormier for the win. I would LOVE to see this fight!!! Phone Post
10/1/12 8:35 PM
Alpha Midget

DC Phone Post
10/1/12 8:36 PM
Gortcho
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - I am not sold on the idea of cormier having a good chance vs. jones.

Only thing Barnett is better than Jones at a this point is Submissions,and Barnett was able to hold off Cormier for the most part for 5 rounds.

Cormier has better striking then Jones imo. Jones' striking is ONLY effective at this point due to his reach. Cormier would put Jones on his back and pound his ass!! Phone Post
10/1/12 8:37 PM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC all day.
10/1/12 8:38 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make it happen Dana. Cormier will take that belt. Plus he wont diva his way out of a fight against a replacement who got no training camp.
10/1/12 8:39 PM
beastrosoup
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blador Phone Post
10/1/12 8:42 PM
voorhees

I think a lot of us WANT Cormier to beat Jones.

But thats not the same thing.
10/1/12 8:42 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO

brool story co
10/1/12 8:46 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not make it a catch weight and have jones save the Strikeforce card? Build him up even more, back on Dana's A-list, belt won't be on the line and HUGE for the fans. Sounds pretty damn good to me. Phone Post
10/1/12 8:52 PM
shootfighterbull

voorhees - I think a lot of us WANT Cormier to beat Jones.

But thats not the same thing.
I disagree. I seriously don't see anyone beating Cormier right now. Phone Post
10/1/12 8:53 PM
voorhees

Carrtrouble -  Why not make it a catch weight and have jones save the Strikeforce card? Build him up even more, back on Dana's A-list, belt won't be on the line and HUGE for the fans. Sounds pretty damn good to me. Phone Post

Yeah!

Thats probably what will happen!
10/1/12 9:26 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how much time Cornier would want/need to properly get down to 205.

I want to see this even more than Jones v Hendo. Phone Post
10/1/12 9:32 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll believe it when I see it. If DC can cut down, he'd obviously be a dangerous opponent but, it's a different fight with him cutting down as opposed to JJ moving up.
10/1/12 9:39 PM
Kneeblock
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If by "hold off" you mean take a battering from then I guess you're correct in your characterization of the Barnett fight. Phone Post
10/1/12 9:45 PM
voorhees

Kneeblock - 

If by "hold off" you mean take a battering from then I guess you're correct in your characterization of the Barnett fight. Phone Post

Yea.I did kinda understate it.

But my point is,I think Jones can defend himself very well vs. Cormier,if slow,somewhat unathletic Josh can.
10/1/12 11:12 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier would kill him

Huge fan of Cormier and can't wait to see him fight again
10/1/12 11:15 PM
T Bag

grafzep - Cormier would kill him

Huge fan of Cormier and can't wait to see him fight again

I find statements like this funny.
In his last 4 fights Cormier decisioned Monson, Devin Cole and barnett and KOs Big Foot..but it's like some foregone conclusion that he would kill one of the most dominant LHWs ever
10/1/12 11:36 PM
Damaynevent

Cormier will get pick apart from outside by JBJ. I get that most of the Cormier love comes from your hate for JBJ, but I really don't see how dominates Jones or even beats him. Sure he has a really good wrestling pedigree, but he'd still have to find a way to close the distance, get the takedown, and keep JBJ there. This hasn't been accomplished by any fighter in the league and we a believe that Cormier is the guy? I call bullshit. Cormier doesn't have enough weapons in his game to beat JBJ and he isn't a crafty enough striker to truly be a threat. DC is a beast, but he's way over hyped. I don't DC gets out of 3rd round with JBJ.
10/1/12 11:40 PM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomestprimedmybung - why!?!?!? why!!?!? why?!?!

he is doing fucking GREAT at HW, why risk the cut? HE'S DOING FUCKING GREAT AT HW!!!!!!!!!!

p.s HE DOING GREAT AT HW

cause he is convinced cain will win the hw title and thinks he can make the cut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.