UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Takamasa Anai 10 man lineup at Tenri in SoCal

10/1/12 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ASanchez83
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrMt4ajNEuE Found this video today. Great stuff from Anai!
10/2/12 7:27 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff, thanks. Anai vs 10 BB from Tenri judo. 10th man is Sensei Takahashi.
10/3/12 12:50 AM
Seong gyeong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I attended to watch that day. About half of those judoka were also in the Takahashi slaughter line. Anai cut through them like butter. Nobody came close to putting him in danger, of course. I think the guy who got morote seoi nage'd is from San Jose State.
10/4/12 6:34 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recognized some National level competitors. I heard it was very hot in there from another "eye witness". And Anai and Takahashi are from the same university in Tokyo. Did Takahashi go all out against Anai and vice versa? I have to think maybe not. It was more like a randori session. Great clip for promoting judo, especially a world class player against the galant challengers.
10/4/12 10:01 AM
jayflo145
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - I recognized some National level competitors. I heard it was very hot in there from another "eye witness". And Anai and Takahashi are from the same university in Tokyo. Did Takahashi go all out against Anai and vice versa? I have to think maybe not. It was more like a randori session. Great clip for promoting judo, especially a world class player against the galant challengers.

GREAT STUFF!! Was an enjoyment not only to view the Judo, but to see how the local nanka scene still has all the same referees, sensei and players as I scanned the crowd, reminds me of home.

Takahashi and Anai are from Tenri University which is in Nada, Japan which is on the other side of honshu near Osaka. I grew up going to Tenri in LA and got to learn a TON from the players they brought in yearly.
10/4/12 5:51 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was there.  It was the biggest crowd I ever saw at John Glenn High School for a judo tournament. I believe it was well over 400 competitors; but so many people, like myself, showed up to watch Anai take on the 10 man line around noon time.

I don't think hot is the right word to describe the gym .  "Suffocating" might be a little better.  He hit the left side O Soto against Takahashi with about 22 seconds remaining on the clock.  Not sure if Takahashi was going full or not.  Takahashi plays righties much better than lefties, and left side o soto is a favorite waza of Anai. Anai's tank seemed pretty empty by the time he got to Takahashi, so not 100% positive.

Besides Takahashi, the best players in that line were probably Horiuchi, Babayan, and Raj. 

10/6/12 3:09 AM
Seong gyeong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anybody go to his seminar the day before? He covered osoto gari and uchi mata mainly from what I recall. Did some Q and A too. Also stressed the importance of both people being active in uchi komi (don't stand there and grip with one hand if you're receiving). Nice dude, didn't realize he is married with 2 kids.
10/7/12 6:41 PM
judoblackbelt

Thanks for the "live" reports. Always appreciate live feedbacks. And your point about grip 2 hands if you are uke in uchikomis. I will have to tell my fellow judokas what Anai said.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.