UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Comfort food...

10/2/12 3:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Moke
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, I don't know if I'm late to the party, but I just discovered this brand of corned beef at Long's...it's from New Zealand (and so I assume it's pasture fed?), and it's very chunky rich and juicy. Corned beef cabage has never tasted so good. If you haven't had these cans you need to try it. besides corned beef cabbage what is some of your favorite comfort foods?

10/2/12 3:31 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm the only one in the house that like that brand.....IS WINNAS BRAH!

Longs has it IIRC, wife buys it for me
10/2/12 3:44 AM
Moke
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've gone through so many heads of cabbage lately it isn't even funny.
10/2/12 4:32 AM
FCTV808
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can i just mix it w/ mayo and relish and make a sammich?
10/2/12 4:36 AM
Moke

I halfway died when you said mayo, then fully died when you said relish...RIP me.
10/2/12 4:46 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV808 - can i just mix it w/ mayo and relish and make a sammich?

Mayo yes!.....'thefukwrongwitu! Take your relish the fuk outta hea!
10/2/12 4:47 AM
FCTV808
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so moke, you've never tried mayo and cornbeef? (and relish?)
10/2/12 4:51 AM
FCTV808

CORNED - BEEF SANDWICH SPREAD
1/2 c. Cheez Whiz, room temperature
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
4 oz. canned corned beef (or dried chipped beef)
1/2 c. pickle relish
1 tbsp. grated onion (optional)
2 tbsp. minced celery (optional)
Crushed garlic (optional)
Optional seasonings: Salt, pepper, curry powder, chopped parsley, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce

Thoroughly mix Cheez Whiz with mayonnaise. Add finely shredded corned beef or chipped beef. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Can be stored for long periods on ice if fresh onion and celery are not used.
10/2/12 4:56 AM
Moke

btw, Ive been to Kiawe Grill only twice...at two locations (to give them a fair chance) the second time was just today. I gotta say, I don't understand the hype about this place. First of all at this particular location (Keeaumoku), they don't have enough ventilation, so all the smoke and grease saturates the entire interior and everything you touch is greasy and sticky.

Secondly, I ordered the Angus burger...ten bucks...I figured that sucka gotta be good. It was lame in two ways.

1) The grill wasn't hot enough to impart a good char on the meat. The patty was a soft piece of mush. So the fact that it was kiawe wood fired was meaningless as you couldn't taste it.

2) OK, so besides two guys eating, I'm the only one in the place. That means whoever is at the grill isn't very busy...ok possibly he's making another order for someone who called one in, who knows...either way, he's not busy.

Yet my burger was put together like it was assembled by a blind cripple. I mean if you're making a half decent burger, wouldn't you take maybe 3 extra seconds to nicely put it together? The patty hadn't rested at all so all the juice and oil COMPLETELY soaked the bottom bun into an incoherent piece of mush. It could not support a burger. And on the other side...ok, if you're going to put two very thick tomato slices on a burger, wouldn't you spread them out side by side or slightly overlapped (depending on the diameter of the slices)? Nope, this guy stacks them right on top of one another and they are stacked on the onion slice. The rest of the burger has nothing to bite in to. Then the lettuce...not the fresh leafy green part, just the white hard stem parts. I pulled that shit out.

All in all, ten bucks down the tubes.

End rant.
10/2/12 5:00 AM
Moke

No I've never tried a corned beef spread...I will definitely try it...however I'll leave out the relish and cheez wiz if you don't mind.
10/2/12 5:00 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

KODDAMN! FCTV....cheez whiz!?!?!?!

I expect better than that from you!

That worse than drinking ghetto-ass rockstar energy drank!
10/2/12 5:36 AM
Moke

lol!
10/2/12 5:49 AM
FCTV808

i posted the cheese whiz to offend. my lactose intolerant ass cannot withstand cheesewhiz. :(
10/2/12 6:05 AM
Moke

I have selective lactose intolerance...I can't drink a glass of milk without running to the toilet, but I can eat an entire pizza no problem.
10/2/12 2:01 PM
FCTV808

kiawe grill is a cockaroach nightmare. :(
10/2/12 6:02 PM
Moke

That's all I could think about as I waited for my order...I sat there, slippers stuck to the floor, arm stuck to the table, the windows and walls all covered in the same greasy film... I tried to take the images of roaches out of my mind so that I'd be able to eat it when I got home.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.