UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Cole Instructed to Lay Off JR on Commentary

10/2/12 6:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With Jerry Lawler recently suffering a heart attack and names such as Jim Ross and JBL filling in for him on the Raw announce team, F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE has instructed Michael Cole to lay-off the Jim Ross insults and play more of a babyface role on commentary. No word on how Cole's character will progress when Lawler returns, but JBL has been playing a bit more of a heel role on commentary at times, which has allowed Cole to work more as a babyface, respecting the seriousness of Jerry Lawler's situation.
10/2/12 8:01 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That all makes decent sense.  The problem is that JR isn't really as sharp anymore and has lost a step.  He should be used once in awhile to call big matches. 

Wonder if he is just filling in out of respect for Jerry.

10/2/12 8:22 PM
Nonlinear

I was wondering why Cole has been acting like such a babyface since the King had his heart attack.

10/2/12 9:33 PM
torquemada
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to really think of Cole heel after he (rightfully) broke character when King had his heart attack. I thought he was going to cry. I mean that as a compliment.
10/2/12 10:32 PM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was already playing less heel before the heart attack. Phone Post
10/2/12 10:37 PM
Tom Lawlor
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was already moving away from being a full on heel commentator since like WM, this Jerry Lawler situation seems to be the final straw in the heel Cole persona. Phone Post
10/2/12 11:12 PM
CryLikeAGirl
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I called this on the night Jerry suffered the heart attack. I even made a thread about that being the only way they were able to turn Cole face. Phone Post
10/3/12 12:44 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that JR is back, they should just have Cole go back to being full heel. It always works best with an impartial commentator and a heel commentator.

JR has definitely slipped. Maybe he, like many, just can't get into this PG bullshit. It has to be hard to sell some that shit.

10/3/12 1:10 PM
BillyRayChubbs
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Cole as a heel is one of the most irritating, and uncomfortable things about RAW.

He actually make me want to change the channel.

10/3/12 1:53 PM
ArtMinaj

BillyRayChubbs - 

Michael Cole as a heel is one of the most irritating, and uncomfortable things about RAW.

He actually make me want to change the channel.

I like Cole, it's funny how he is such a dork trying to be a badass.

I know how you feel about wanting to the channel, I used to feel the same with JBL on announcing, but more so when he had a title and was in the ring calling himself a wrestling god.

He's also a republican and I don't care for those people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.