UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> More Legends Expected To Appear To Confront Punk

10/2/12 6:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More legends are expected to appear on the coming weeks of Raw according to F4Wonline.com. Just as Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Jim Ross have--more legends will appear to confront CM Punk and convince him if he wants to be recognized as "Best In The World," he'll fight John Cena again at Hell in a Cell.
10/2/12 6:33 PM
armbarheelhook
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm.. is the Rock still filming right now? I could see them bringing him in, afterall he has to get some pre WM 30 heat.. Phone Post
10/2/12 6:36 PM
The Destroyer88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole storyline is bullshit and just another way to bury Punk and shove Cena down our throats. How is a guy who has held the main belt for basically a year and who has beaten Cena not once, not twice, but three times not the best in the world?

I mean we all know Daniel Bryan has been the best thing in the WWE for awhile, but all their saying is that Punk isn't as good as Cena which is complete bullshit. And at the end of the day Cena still gets booed in his home town and Punk, other than Bryan, is the most over wrestler in the WWE today. He's a heel that gets cheered no matter what he says and Cena is a super face who gets booed in his hometown.

10/2/12 7:03 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punk did mention Austin a few times last night. Wonder if Vince could get him to show up on raw in the next few weeks. Phone Post
10/2/12 7:04 PM
G-Hands
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this again?
10/2/12 8:18 PM
HenryO

This could be one of the worst heel turns ever.

Unless it leads to Austin against Punk at Mania
10/2/12 8:33 PM
The Destroyer88

I love Punk as a heel, just not the whiny "show me some respect, call me the best in the world" bullshit. He should be saying that to them in the back behind the scenes for how they've booked him as a champion.

10/2/12 8:47 PM
batman32314
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Destroyer88 -

This whole storyline is bullshit and just another way to bury Punk and shove Cena down our throats. How is a guy who has held the main belt for basically a year and who has beaten Cena not once, not twice, but three times not the best in the world?

I mean we all know Daniel Bryan has been the best thing in the WWE for awhile, but all their saying is that Punk isn't as good as Cena which is complete bullshit. And at the end of the day Cena still gets booed in his home town and Punk, other than Bryan, is the most over wrestler in the WWE today. He's a heel that gets cheered no matter what he says and Cena is a super face who gets booed in his hometown.

Exactly why are they all coming in saying punk has to beat Cena again to prove he is the best in the world. Why does he have to defeat Cena at hell in a cell to prove this point, when Punk's other victories don't already prove this. Phone Post
10/2/12 8:56 PM
ArtMinaj

The whole thing wasn't well thought out.  Punk will not be the first guy to say he the best, but when the hell has it ever been

"OH MY GOD HE SAID HE WAS THE BEST!?!!?"

They are making a huge deal about him saying it without having earned it and even at one point JR actually said,

"He can earn it against John Cena."

So does that mean if he in fact beats Cena then everyone will be like

"Hey, maybe you are the best."

10/2/12 9:28 PM
torquemada
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - This could be one of the worst heel turns ever.

I've said for a while that straight edge savior vs the beer swilling rattlesnake would be mic gold.
10/2/12 10:15 PM
G-Hands
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada - 

I've said for a while that straight edge savior vs the beer swilling rattlesnake would be mic gold.

This is likely the direction they are heading.

& that is a payoff that would make it worth it.
10/3/12 12:03 AM
HenryO

torquemada - 

That feud would be amazing no matter what sort of angle they went with it. With the sort of push that Punk has been getting they need a big Mania opponent for him and Lesnar, Taker, Cena and Rock could all be taken.
10/3/12 1:24 AM
The Destroyer88

I'm pretty sure they're going to do Cena vs. Rock vs. Punk at Mania. Austin won't be ready in time for Mania to go with Punk.

10/3/12 1:27 AM
Rickson's Aura
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Cm punk would beat up JR and that would start the build up of a match with Steve Austin.
10/3/12 9:29 AM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the heel turn was dumb, but the overwhelming majority of fans hate CM Punk right now. He still gets cheers from the 20-30 year old men in the crowd, but that's it.

I don't know what it is about guys like Punk, Jericho, Christian, etc. The target demographic of young men can get behind them 100%, but the rest of the WWE universe just never seems to warm up to them.
10/3/12 10:13 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They don't have the ryback look that Vince loves so much.
10/3/12 10:54 AM
PTSandman

Are they trying to get Cancer over as a babyface?
10/3/12 12:25 PM
Thanos Foo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems that I always try to get back into WWE programming at the worst times.
10/3/12 12:32 PM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - They don't have the ryback look that Vince loves so much.

I'm not talking about Vince, I'm talking about the fans.

Hell, Daniel Bryan has one of the worst looks ever, and the fans love him no matter what WWE does. By the way, I was totally wrong about Daniel Bryan, the guy is a natural.

There's just a likability factor missing with Punk, Jericho, etc.
10/3/12 12:54 PM
ArtMinaj

dangerboy12 - 
BigWilliam - They don't have the ryback look that Vince loves so much.

I'm not talking about Vince, I'm talking about the fans.

Hell, Daniel Bryan has one of the worst looks ever, and the fans love him no matter what WWE does. By the way, I was totally wrong about Daniel Bryan, the guy is a natural.

There's just a likability factor missing with Punk, Jericho, etc.

I was wrong about him as well.  I called him five foot nerd and thought he would never get over, especially not to this extent.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.