UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Pick'em League - Week 4 Results

10/2/12 9:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sicko
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are the results for Week 3 of the NFL season. Pretty good week as nobody got less than 10 games correct.

Though I do have something to add this week. Two players both submitted picks after the Thursday game, but before the Sunday games. Now normally this would simply not be counted, however this week the Thursday game was such a lopsided game, I don't think anyone would've picked Cleveland to beat Baltimore. However I didn't include it as a correct pick for the two forum members, even though I'm sure they would've picked Baltimore.

My reasoning for not counting it is simply because, that's the way we've previously done it, and it would set an awkward precedence going forward. Also, part of the game is getting your picks submitted on time.

However, this is a fun and friendly Pick'em game, so I really have no objection to making an exception this time. I just didn't feel I could speak for the group to make a decision that could potentially have an impact on the outcome at the end of the season.

So if you feel we should go ahead and count (or not count) the Thursday game for them in this case, then either post your opinion in this thread or send me a PM. If a majority of the people playing each week decide that it's okay to include the Thursday game in their record, then I'll go ahead and count it as a win for them.

Without further ado, here are the results for week 4:

Khun Kao - 12
saucylv33 - 10
Caleb - 12
sicko - 10
Tommy Gunnz - 10
MentalRage - 10
east - 10
Thage - 11
10/2/12 9:21 PM
sicko
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And here are the cumulative results through week 4 of the NFL season.

Results are in the format of Name: #_of_Wins (%_Picked_Correct), and are ordered based on number of games picked right

Caleb: 39, (61.90%)
Tommy Gunnz: 37, (58.73%)
east: 36, (57.14%)
MentalRage: 36, (57.14%)
Khun Kao: 36, (57.14%)
sicko: 36, (57.14%)
saucylv33: 34, (53.97%)
Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes: 16, (50%)
Joe VIP: 16, (50%)
Pretjah: 11, (68.75%)
Thage: 11, (73.33%)
Granpa: 9, (56.25%)
UGCTT_mofit: 9, (56.25%)
alxholic: 8, (50%)

Congrats to Thage, he started a couple weeks late, but starts off with a huge 73% correct pick rate. Keep that up and you'll make up for the missed games in no time
10/3/12 4:32 PM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Sicko,

I'm the forum mod so I will go ahead and make the call. Include them as a win this week only. Nobody picked Cleveland to beat the Ravens, so the people who didn't get their picks in on time for that game should go ahead and get a win because we all know beyond a doubt they would have taken the Ravens. 

However, going forward if your pick isn't in on time, it doesn't count. This is a one time exception. 

10/3/12 4:33 PM
Caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also.. vote up for doing such an awesome job with this man.

10/4/12 12:22 AM
sicko

Thanks Caleb.

Here are the updated weekly and cumulative results through week 4 of the NFL season.

Weekly Results:
Khun Kao - 12
saucylv33 - 10
Caleb - 12
sicko - 10
Tommy Gunnz - 11
MentalRage - 10
east - 11
Thage - 11

Cumulative Results:
Cumulative results are in the format of Name: #_of_Wins (%_Picked_Correct), and are ordered based on number of games picked right

Caleb: 39, (61.90%)
Tommy Gunnz: 38, (60.32%)
east: 37, (58.73%)
MentalRage: 36, (57.14%)
Khun Kao: 36, (57.14%)
sicko: 36, (57.14%)
saucylv33: 34, (53.97%)
Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes: 16, (50%)
Joe VIP: 16, (50%)
Pretjah: 11, (68.75%)
Thage: 11, (73.33%)
Granpa: 9, (56.25%)
UGCTT_mofit: 9, (56.25%)
alxholic: 8, (50%)
10/4/12 9:51 AM
Caleb

Nice... thx!

10/4/12 3:31 PM
Tommy Gunnz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fucking forgot to pick the eagles/giants game here and I was gonna pick the eagles. Hopefully that one game doesn't cost me the pick 'em championship
10/4/12 4:38 PM
Caleb

Tommy Gunnz - I fucking forgot to pick the eagles/giants game here and I was gonna pick the eagles. Hopefully that one game doesn't cost me the pick 'em championship

lol.. I'm enjoying my 1 game lead. So Tommy, who is worse this year the Cowboys or the Jets? 

10/4/12 5:44 PM
sicko

Tommy Gunnz - I fucking forgot to pick the eagles/giants game here and I was gonna pick the eagles. Hopefully that one game doesn't cost me the pick 'em championship

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't notice it until after the games had been played. If I had noticed it in advance I would've posted something or sent you a PM
10/4/12 6:29 PM
Tommy Gunnz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb -

lol.. I'm enjoying my 1 game lead. So Tommy, who is worse this year the Cowboys or the Jets? 

at least the cowboys have talent.... Phone Post
10/6/12 2:29 AM
saucylv33
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe I'm in the cellar.
10/6/12 7:38 AM
Caleb

Tommy Gunnz -
Caleb -

at least the cowboys have talent.... Phone Post
You kidding? That is the worst part. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.