UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

10/3/12 2:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/04/12 5:22 AM

I decided not to make this a poll because we will probably do it regardless of what you say.

It has been a few years since the last UGGP, and this would be UGGP 6. The location is Minneapolis, MN on January 26th.

Let us know if you are interested in participating, coaching untrained UGers, or sponsoring these amazing athletes.

Check out page three of this thread to learn a bit about the history of the UGGP. Videos are there as well.

An updated list of possible competitors is available in the latter pages of this thread, but things aren't looking good. We may have to postpone the event and start a new list since we seem to have lost most of our initial volunteers.
10/3/12 2:17 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if they threw a UGGP and nobody came? I'll bump this in the morning.
10/3/12 7:10 AM
ghost842
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

were at in minn? I'm in NW Iowa.
10/3/12 7:54 AM
SonofJockstrap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested but my formal training is pretty limited. My family is up in Minnesota, but I live in Kansas, not sure if that would be a huge problem.
10/3/12 9:01 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt I would be interested in fighting. Just will depend on whether I end up moving with my job. January is plenty of time to get ready.
10/3/12 9:08 AM
LoganClark

The UGGP welcomes fighters with limited training. The event currently being discussed is in Minneapolis. We would make sure to have some extra licensed corners to help out the out-of-towners who don't have a team. UGer Shane Dezee will be one of them.
10/3/12 9:30 AM
LoganClark

Yes, this is the appropriate thread for calling out the UGers you despise or just want to punch in the face for whatever reason.

Those interested in fighting, please list your height, weight, and general training experience.
10/3/12 10:40 AM
LoganClark

Anyone interested in competing can check out the Minnesota commission requirements at this site. Pretty basic: physical, blood tests, eye exam.

http://www.mncombativesports.com

10/3/12 2:11 PM
SonofJockstrap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I'm going to get my medicals and license first before I confirm being able to do this, just because I'm 500 miles away, I want to make sure I get everything taken care of ahead of time.

TTT for other UGers
10/3/12 2:16 PM
hendofanforlife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to beat mmalogic and kenp into permanent comas
10/3/12 2:37 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds cool but I'm from California. 6" 215 lbs but pretty put of shape lol Phone Post
10/3/12 5:18 PM
hankatron
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad - Don't know how big Matt horning is but pay for a flight from Scotland and il fight him Phone Post
Where in Scotland do you train? Phone Post
10/3/12 5:22 PM
UGCTT_ATLien
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need some of the UG legends from previous UGGP's to post on this thread.
10/3/12 5:30 PM
MountainMedic
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ATLien - We need some of the UG legends from previous UGGP's to post on this thread.
*patiently awaits the first zeptuck* Phone Post
10/3/12 5:30 PM
Il Duce
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Phone Post
10/3/12 5:32 PM
Raxbot
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fully support this thread and event.
10/3/12 5:34 PM
KaBrooney
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed! Phone Post
10/3/12 11:42 PM
LoganClark

Edited: 10/03/12 11:41 PM
Half of them probably have new names now. Dreamer will post something inspiration to get this party started properly soon.
10/3/12 11:45 PM
LoganClark

I use econolabs.com to get the necessary blood tests for $65. Don't know about discounts for eye exams though. We'll have to get a participant list together and then go for sponsors.

To those wondering about experience level, no level is too low as long as you can find someone similar to fight you.
10/4/12 1:55 AM
OriginalTUFer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll fight at the next one, if there is one (anytime after the summer). Phone Post
10/4/12 11:57 AM
LoganClark

Anyone have a particular hatred for the OG? I am trying to get some bad blood going in some match ups.
10/4/12 1:01 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for Dreamers inevitable uplifting speech. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:16 PM
LoganClark

We might have to attract his attention somehow.
10/4/12 1:31 PM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad -
stayrad -
hankatron -
stayrad - Don't know how big Matt horning is but pay for a flight from Scotland and il fight him Phone Post
I haven't trained in over a ear was out for ten months waiting for bak surgery and had it in April so I'm back lifting and running getting my fitness back and flexibility before training Phone Post
But it's fusion mma. Doubt il go back n train mma tbh prob just go back to focus on the ground in Elgin for bjj Phone Post
I train in scotland as well griphouse in glasgow basicly muay thai with basic wrestling is all i have would be interested in this uggp thing would prob lose but enjoy fighting anyway

6ft 3" around 240 pounds Phone Post
10/4/12 2:07 PM
hankatron
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub -
stayrad -
stayrad -
hankatron -
I haven't trained in over a ear was out for ten months waiting for bak surgery and had it in April so I'm back lifting and running getting my fitness back and flexibility before training Phone Post
But it's fusion mma. Doubt il go back n train mma tbh prob just go back to focus on the ground in Elgin for bjj Phone Post
I train in scotland as well griphouse in glasgow basicly muay thai with basic wrestling is all i have would be interested in this uggp thing would prob lose but enjoy fighting anyway

6ft 3" around 240 pounds Phone Post
That's cool.

Wizgub, I have a personal vendetta against griphouse after I lost to a guy from there at the vision no-gi comp in September in the final of our division. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.