UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

11/25/12 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Drewout
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been away from the thread for awhile.

Location?

Final Date Set?
11/25/12 4:04 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare - 

shit im still in....crawfish, u have 2 months to come up with a reason to back out. dont be scared. a KO wont hurt for long

Info sent.

Not even the Supreme Court can bail you out of this one, commie.
11/25/12 5:07 PM
likatiga
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA4Hugs -

Alright, I think I'm crazy enough to toss my hat into the ring.

6'3, 195, 34 years old. I could probably make 185? 

I've had about 15 kickboxing classes and probably 40 BJJ classes lifetime total, and am now training once a week at a local gym doing BJJ/kickboxing. No prior experience, not much of an athlete unless you count a stint as a bike messenger.

Based near Montreal, Canada. Minneapolis is a heck of a drive but it looks like I could get a flight from nearby Burlington for about $250 US roundtrip.

Can't commit 100% yet as I've got some plates in the air re: January, but there ya go!

Jay

I'll fight you. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:27 AM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

ttt

11/26/12 5:36 AM
Wizgub
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andy "prison sex" luke here!
I cant pm you as im not A friend you can message me here email at andyluke@hotmail.co.uk and my cell is ( 44)7825633478 (givin out my cell on a public forum cos im hard as fuck)

I fight anyone your promoter can throw at me providing i get a little financial help to get there. Glasgow airport is my closest international airport tickets may be cheaper if i fly from prestwick or edinburgh though Phone Post
11/26/12 9:03 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare, likatiga, Wizgub, and CrushCrawfish are the only people who have sent me a name. Three of those just sent since my last demand for names, and one of them changed their weight. I made a list of possible competitors and asked for matchup suggestions but didn't get any, so I made them based on size and experience. I repeatedly asked for more info, but we haven't heard back from most of the people who said they were down to fight. I asked for pictures so we could make a poster for the mini-event but didn't get anything from anyone. I gave you guys the commission website, which has a calendar detailing the event and gives all the info people need for licensing, but nobody has gone so far as to make an account or fill out an application. I'm not the sketchy one here. I asked people to make threads to challenge opponents, talk about the event, and raise the profile, and I don't think I have missed any of them, so I'm guessing no threads have been made. If people want to help, hunt down the missing people from the list, find an opponent for likatiga, and promote the event so we could have some reasonable chance of finding sponsors to cover travel for some people. The promoter if feeling sketchy about this thing since so little is known about fighters and so little has been done to get people licensed.
11/26/12 9:13 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There really isn't much I can do if I don't even know where people are located. Location determines how much we need to raise and if people are even possible to bring in.
11/26/12 9:17 AM
LoganClark

SonofJockstrap vs Ninjae973 @ 170 ? Need names for both
Jefe Maton vs RJJH @ 165 ? Ditto

Nader vs CrushCrawfish @ 205
Wizgub vs DeathByPillowFists @ fatty ? Need name for DBPF

vs Max Dangerous @ 145 ? Need new opponent plus info/confirmation of interest from MD
YourMomMadeMeTap vs YousHerName @ 140 ? Need everything

likatiga vs MMA4hugs

Drewout - 38, 6', 170, 2 pro fights, no fights in five yrs, I will make a thread looking for an opponent or we could match you up with a local. - I don't have anyone from the internet right now. I have a 1-0 pro 9-3 am, Heath Rud, from my gym who I was looking to put on the card.

Anyone know if these guys are still interested?
Ghost842 -
LiftStrong -
YHTOMIT2001 -
MattHorning - Should we tell him he is on the list?
11/26/12 9:17 AM
LoganClark

Amateur fights are 3x3 in MN.
11/26/12 10:51 AM
King Ding A Ling
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
11/26/12 10:58 AM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeathByPillowFists IS Nader, I think. He just lost (another) screen name bet lol
11/26/12 11:13 AM
ElTigreBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Eveready - 
ElTigreBJJ -
ObamaCare - 
ElTigreBJJ - I have no idea, I'm just another guy who has a dream of having at least one fight someday. But as lame as it sounds I honestly think taking off my shirt in public will be even bigger of an obstacle than the training/having the balls to sign up part... =/

My weights fluctuated quite a bit over my life so the stretch marks won't go anywhere no matter how fit I ever get I'm afraid. . .

But yea, I was really inspired by this whole thing, just came across this thread the other day and read through Supercans "I have a dream" thread as well. I work and go to school and have no hopes of being a pro fighter so having an opportunity like this to just have a good match-up with someone else like me instead of just throwing myself to the wolves at a normal Ammy show seemed like an awesome way for me to fulfill my "one-time fight dream" too. So it really sucks that a lame thing like body image issues would be what keeps me from giving this a try with you guys.

Bro u can lose weight. Buying fresh veggies and lean meat is cheaper than buying junk food and frozen pizza. Learning how to cook is as simple as searching for a video on youtube. Exercise is as simple as walking with a brisk pace and doing some situps/pushups during the day. Some say losing weight is 80% diet 20% exercise. Get your diet right bro. Google+youtube can get u right.

I guess I should emphasize what I said that you may have missed. I know I can lose weight and am currently working on it, I've done it many times before. In fact, what the problem is is that my weight has fluctuated greatly over my lifetime.

Here's a pretty good estimate of my "weight timeline" if you will. 250lbs@14yrs old(Was probly 5.5ft tall at the time, obviously very overweight kid),190@15yr(did my first dose of low carb dieting which is what I've yo-yo'ed on since), 154@17yrs, 180@19yrs 200@20-21yrs 170@22-23, 210@24 278@26....pretty bad.

So yea I'm working on losing weight again, which I'm confident I can do (hopefully keep it off for longer than a couple years too..) but even when I get down to 180ish where I think I need to be, I'm sure I'll still have a terrible stretch mark issue, not to mention loose skin... I hope I can get to the point that I can take my shirt off confidently but I'm not holding my breath on it =/
Make 185 and ill fight you next go around with a shirt on Phone Post

Friend request sent lol.
11/26/12 11:22 AM
caseharts
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly tried and asked questions but you guys didn't really listen. 5 years of bjj 3 years wrestling and boxing with random Mexican boxers is my experience. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:24 AM
caseharts
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm like 170 and compete around 135. I'm in alright shape. Phone Post
11/26/12 2:45 PM
Crush Crawfish

I'll see your

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=1&thread=2094268&page=1&pc=3

and raise you a

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2094263&page=1&pc=4
11/26/12 3:50 PM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/26/12 5:01 PM
Wizgub
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

on the point of licensing and bloodwork and such looking through the type of exams there we have different rules / regulations and such in UK is it ok to be cleared by a GP in UK or would i have to come over to USA and get the bloods, exam etc done there?

il take a photo for poster tomorrow :)
11/27/12 9:06 AM
LoganClark

Edited: 11/27/12 9:18 AM
Geez, I'm out of the loop. I thought ObamaCare was Nader until he sent me his real name. . This is why I've never done a sn bet on here.
11/27/12 9:15 AM
LoganClark

caseharts -  I honestly tried and asked questions but you guys didn't really listen. 5 years of bjj 3 years wrestling and boxing with random Mexican boxers is my experience. Phone Post

The questions you asked were related to the sanctioning of you fighting two people simultaneously. You also mentioned forcing CRE to fight and that the event should be in Nevada. Sorry if we took you less that seriously. Your only serious post offered to fight without doing any training and without paying anything out of pocket. Since I can't guarantee that you wouldn't have to cover some costs (just like every amateur) and I would prefer that you actually do some training, I didn't put you in the mix.
11/27/12 9:16 AM
LoganClark

The blood tests can be done anywhere. They just have to be the correct tests. The requirements and paperwork is available on the commission website.
11/27/12 10:06 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UGGP is the entire undercard? How many fights are confirmed so far?

11/27/12 11:33 AM
LoganClark

Nope, just a portion of the undercard. The promoter just announced five other fights for the event this week including a couple ammy title fights.
11/27/12 11:52 AM
caseharts

LoganClark -
caseharts -  I honestly tried and asked questions but you guys didn't really listen. 5 years of bjj 3 years wrestling and boxing with random Mexican boxers is my experience. Phone Post

The questions you asked were related to the sanctioning of you fighting two people simultaneously. You also mentioned forcing CRE to fight and that the event should be in Nevada. Sorry if we took you less that seriously. Your only serious post offered to fight without doing any training and without paying anything out of pocket. Since I can't guarantee that you wouldn't have to cover some costs (just like every amateur) and I would prefer that you actually do some training, I didn't put you in the mix.
That's fine. I never actually thought this was serious until recently. When I realized it was serious I actually gave some serious info. My apologies, and good job on doing all this it's badass. I actually would fight, but ya right now I'm
Very short on money so id likely be unable. But if you really need someone I might.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. And cre should fight rvd just saying. Phone Post
11/27/12 11:59 AM
Wizgub

Cheers logan i emailed the MN commission guys they said i can get all the bloods physicals etc done by a british doctor so il organise to get all that done in my days off next week and email/fax them through. I see Nader is a green name should i apply for an ammy or pro license? Phone Post
11/27/12 12:34 PM
bknumber1
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Would love to attend but I am stationed in Hawaii now and already have our trip home in Feb (MN is home). Can't believe that with all the shit talk I read on here daily there are not more people in here being called out! I will definitely catch the stream though.

Props to Logan for quarterbacking this. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.