UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

11/27/12 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DreamerMMA
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
caseharts - 
LoganClark -
caseharts -  I honestly tried and asked questions but you guys didn't really listen. 5 years of bjj 3 years wrestling and boxing with random Mexican boxers is my experience. Phone Post

The questions you asked were related to the sanctioning of you fighting two people simultaneously. You also mentioned forcing CRE to fight and that the event should be in Nevada. Sorry if we took you less that seriously. Your only serious post offered to fight without doing any training and without paying anything out of pocket. Since I can't guarantee that you wouldn't have to cover some costs (just like every amateur) and I would prefer that you actually do some training, I didn't put you in the mix.
That's fine. I never actually thought this was serious until recently. When I realized it was serious I actually gave some serious info. My apologies, and good job on doing all this it's badass. I actually would fight, but ya right now I'm
Very short on money so id likely be unable. But if you really need someone I might.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. And cre should fight rvd just saying. Phone Post

Caseharts.  The UGGP's are always serious.  We've done about 6 of them already.

If this is your first account then you missed the previous ones.  We started them in 2007 and the last one was the summer of 2009.

We just haven't done one in a while.

You can go to youtube and search UGGP or UG Grand Prix and find several fights from some of the earlier events.

11/27/12 1:42 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No I've known they're real it just didn't seem like anyone was serious early on but i jumped around in the thread. I saw some guys who were and some who never responded. Since so many people made challenges. More specifically cre. I started to lose hope.

But ya. This is awesome. I'm just not financially available for sure. I'm definitely down to fight though. Hopefully soon! Thanks for doing this. Phone Post
11/27/12 4:04 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id take part in one in a few months in resent shape Id have trouble climbing the steps to the cage :)

11/27/12 5:44 PM
SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to have to back out just because I'm not going to financially be able to swing things. Without getting into too many details my roommate decided he's moving out and I don't have a high paying job so I'm going to have to focus on that for right now. 

For everyone else involved, good luck and thanks for trying to put this together Logan.

11/28/12 9:45 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps this will end up as UGGP 6.5.

We might have a hard time getting Wizgub vs Nader sanctioned because of Nader being a 5-5 Bellator fighter. I figured we could get it done for going again another green name (CC), but I don't know if the commission will do it for a guy with no fights. CC (with three recorded fights) vs Nader and ObamaCare (0-1, officially) vs Wizgub are much more likely to be sanctioned, if the weights worked out.
11/28/12 9:50 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nader vs CrushCrawfish
Wizgub vs ObamaCare

TBA vs Ninjae973 @ 170 ? Where are these guys?
Jefe Maton vs RJJH @ 165 ?

TBA vs Max Dangerous @ 145 ? Need new opponent plus info/confirmation of interest from MD
YourMomMadeMeTap vs YousHerName @ 140 ? Need everything

likatiga vs MMA4hugs ?

Drewout - 38, 6', 170, 2 pro fights, no fights in five yrs,

Anyone know if these guys are still interested?
Ghost842 -
LiftStrong -
YHTOMIT2001 -
MattHorning - Should we tell him he is on the list?

Lineup is looking mighty weak.
11/28/12 9:53 AM
LoganClark

ObamaCare, why do you want to do this as a pro fight? Only one of your amateur fights is recorded, so the promotion isn't much interested in the pro debut of an 0-1 guy.
11/28/12 9:54 AM
LoganClark

UKTT`s official bottom wiper - 

hmm interesting - i'm pretty close to minneapolis (2 hours away) 

anyone going that will be around 150 pounds?  i'm 5'10" and have 0 fight experience.  not sure if i can make it or not but I'd like to try.

-Suess

I missed this one long ago. Think he is still interested?
11/28/12 10:00 AM
LoganClark

I understand that changing the big boy match ups will make your threads less timely and less accurate, but even inaccurate attention is good. The fuck up was me not knowing who had lost what sn bet. I just don't think the commission would be down with Nader vs Wizgub
11/28/12 10:40 AM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm down to fight Nader as long as it's officially recorded that my thread was better than ObamaCare's.
11/28/12 12:01 PM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some organization might be helpful here. It's like you guys are just throwing names/weight classes/records up in the air and seeing where it falls.

11/28/12 12:31 PM
Wizgub
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare -
LoganClark - ObamaCare, why do you want to do this as a pro fight? Only one of your amateur fights is recorded, so the promotion isn't much interested in the pro debut of an 0-1 guy.

Because it makes no sense to fly all the way to minnesota for an amateur fight.

also 2 are recorded but only 1 is on here and i dont have any idea how it got here.

i had 3 smokers in NC but they were gym vs local gym and i had 3 quick tkos then my 2 fights here in VA, which are recorded online. 0-2 in those

CrushCrawfish only has 2 ammy fights recorded on here @ 0-2 and 1 pro fight  0-1

i dont see how the promotion could have much more interest in CrushCrawfish than me tbh.

a guy who went 0-2 in the ammys then jumped pro and lost...and you mean to tell me the promoter is cool with that but not interested in me because i can only show 2 of my fights @ 0-2? 

see i knew this was gonna happen. i get all excited, start training hard, start applying for licenses and running around getting bloodwork done ...THENNNNNNNN i get told its not happening. i even said i would fight for FREE.

i have been the main one emailing and trying to get shit rolling, i was the only one to apply for the pro license, only one to contact the commission, first one to make a thread promoting, one of the few who originally said i want to do this and still down...seems to me i have done everything in my power to prove im dead serious about this, then after all ive done i log in today and you're telling me my fight isnt happening.

i am highly upset over this and i think its pretty shitty 

however, i will still fight WizGub at amateur if travel and hotel can at least be covered.

nader has like 10 professional fights and has fought and won a fight in a major organization, and the promoter thinks its a better idea to have him fight a 0-1 pro than it would be for me to make my pro debut?

well my rant is over. i will still fight wizgub but is the promoter wlling to pay that dudes travel coming from another country? gub do you even have a passport ?

I have a valid passport and my gran is an american citizen and can sponser me anyway so thats not a problem Phone Post
11/28/12 4:54 PM
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, except it should be the UGK, not UGGP. I think the underground Kumite sounds way cooler. Lol. Get someone to video it, make a crappy movie version. This could b awesome!! It already is, but awesomeer... Phone Post
11/28/12 8:46 PM
MMA4Hugs
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, I'm officially out. I'm up to my nose in work/projects for this month and I naiively didn't consider that a substantial outlay of time would be necessary to get set up (tests, certification, etc.).

Maybe next time!

Jay

11/29/12 10:47 AM
Wizgub
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got an appointment tomorrow with my GP to sort out bloods and physical for the license, gonna try and get hold of rich gran see how much / if she can help me get over there. If so i will prob be in the renssler / albany area of NY a week or so before the event if there anyone / anywhere i can train with Phone Post
11/29/12 12:41 PM
Raxbot
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are all heroes and legends for being involved in this. Remember that when you consider backing out.
11/29/12 12:43 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raxbot - You are all heroes and legends for being involved in this. Remember that when you consider backing out.

Tell that to Nader.
11/29/12 12:50 PM
Raxbot
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crush Crawfish - 
Raxbot - You are all heroes and legends for being involved in this. Remember that when you consider backing out.

Tell that to Nader.

Vote me up and I will. I've been stuck in the red longer than a bish with an over-sized Mirena.
11/29/12 1:05 PM
MD2020
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am confused, I thought Obamacare was going to fight crawfish. This is about as organized as a BJJ tournament run by brazilians.
11/29/12 1:09 PM
Wizgub

MD2020 - I am confused, I thought Obamacare was going to fight crawfish. This is about as organized as a BJJ tournament run by brazilians.

my opponent said no saying i wasnt good enough and was too heavy but that he would fight crawfish so it was me v obama and crawfish against him

he then decided crawfish isnt good enough and is too light
11/29/12 1:10 PM
Wizgub

Raxbot - 
Crush Crawfish - 

Tell that to Nader.

Vote me up and I will. I've been stuck in the red longer than a bish with an over-sized Mirena.

just remember my vote up got you out the red brother!
11/29/12 2:07 PM
MD2020
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So obamacare is not able to fight you either wiz? I saw a post you guys were getting into. Feels like WWF in here to me, someone should make a bet.
11/29/12 2:11 PM
Wizgub

MD2020 - So obamacare is not able to fight you either wiz? I saw a post you guys were getting into. Feels like WWF in here to me, someone should make a bet.

well it looks like obama is fighting me
11/29/12 2:13 PM
MD2020

I hope you whoop his ass
11/29/12 2:18 PM
Wizgub

MD2020 - I hope you whoop his ass

so do i :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.