UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/4/12 4:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LoganClark
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, if I'm Dana White...Fuck you.
12/4/12 5:02 AM
LoganClark
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/04/12 5:33 AM
Why would anyone be mad at me when we have had a total of five guys confirm themselves for this "event"? I can lead people down the path to licensing and match ups, but I can't make people volunteer. As for fighting or not fighting Nader, it doesn't seem to matter since he disappeared along with most of the guys who originally volunteered. I can see why these things don't happen too often.
12/4/12 5:04 AM
LoganClark

Drewout - 
Drewout - Andrew Kloster here - I will be 38 on Feb. 23rd. I have not fought since I was 32 in 2007.

Background - Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing.
A few amateur boxing bouts, smokers and unsanctioned fights between 1992-2002.
15-7 in sanctioned recorded fights from 2002-2007
Breakdown: 4-1 Boxing, 10-5 Kickboxing, 1-1 MMA
6' tall - last fight at 155#

Fitness has yo-yo'd due to life - Currently 180# 17% bodyfat out of fight shape. Working hard right now, can fight 170# on this show but am 1-1 Pro.

Would like to fight someone of similar experience, only offer so far has been like a 12-2 22 year old, I have no ego & know that would probably not end well for me after the first round!

Let me know if anyone is interested so we can get this signed within the next couple of weeks.

TTT Medicals are expensive and I am not going to get them if no fight - Anyone up?

What about Muay Thai with MMA gloves on the card? That would be great too!!!

The promoter is looking for an opponent for a 2-0 pro, Ben Smith. Don't know anything about him. The guy I offered was 1-0 pro, but his is a youngster.
12/4/12 5:08 AM
LoganClark

Pito Chueco - Just a thought....

OP, why don't you edit your original post with the confirmed details so it is easier to find the info.

There are no confirmed details, so I haven't bothered to update the OP. The post of current volunteers has always been available in the last couple of pages.
12/4/12 5:10 AM
LoganClark

Edited: 12/04/12 5:18 AM
ObamaCare - 
cthlcschlgrl - 

Some organization might be helpful here. It's like you guys are just throwing names/weight classes/records up in the air and seeing where it falls.

i think most of the people who really wanted to fight have been 100% clear about it from the start, and it appeared several fights were in order. Logan comes in like dana white and tears the GP apart and has bad excuses inlcuding the fact that he thought i was jeff nader.

I have been regularly posting the info list with whatever available weights, locations, and experience levels we have.

As for me tearing the GP apart, are you talking about the GP that consisted of 1 set bout and 3 guys with no opponents, or is there another GP I am involved in trying to organize during my resting hours?
12/4/12 5:16 AM
LoganClark

ObamaCare - 
LoganClark - ObamaCare, why do you want to do this as a pro fight? Only one of your amateur fights is recorded, so the promotion isn't much interested in the pro debut of an 0-1 guy.

Because it makes no sense to fly all the way to minnesota for an amateur fight.

also 2 are recorded but only 1 is on here and i dont have any idea how it got here.

i had 3 smokers in NC but they were gym vs local gym and i had 3 quick tkos then my 2 fights here in VA, which are recorded online. 0-2 in those

CrushCrawfish only has 2 ammy fights recorded on here @ 0-2 and 1 pro fight  0-1

i dont see how the promotion could have much more interest in CrushCrawfish than me tbh.

a guy who went 0-2 in the ammys then jumped pro and lost...and you mean to tell me the promoter is cool with that but not interested in me because i can only show 2 of my fights @ 0-2? 

see i knew this was gonna happen. i get all excited, start training hard, start applying for licenses and running around getting bloodwork done ...THENNNNNNNN i get told its not happening. i even said i would fight for FREE.

i have been the main one emailing and trying to get shit rolling, i was the only one to apply for the pro license, only one to contact the commission, first one to make a thread promoting, one of the few who originally said i want to do this and still down...seems to me i have done everything in my power to prove im dead serious about this, then after all ive done i log in today and you're telling me my fight isnt happening.

i am highly upset over this and i think its pretty shitty 

however, i will still fight WizGub at amateur if travel and hotel can at least be covered.

nader has like 10 professional fights and has fought and won a fight in a major organization, and the promoter thinks its a better idea to have him fight a 0-1 pro than it would be for me to make my pro debut?

well my rant is over. i will still fight wizgub but is the promoter wlling to pay that dudes travel coming from another country? gub do you even have a passport ?

You are confused. The promotion has no interest in any of you. They agreed to let me put the UGGP on the event as a favor to me. You realize that we (the UG) aren't important and don't sell too many tickets, right?
12/4/12 5:23 AM
LoganClark

LoganClark - 
Pito Chueco - Just a thought....

OP, why don't you edit your original post with the confirmed details so it is easier to find the info.

There are no confirmed details, so I haven't bothered to update the OP. The post of current volunteers has always been available in the last couple of pages.

PS I updated the OP since you were correct that I should have done so earlier.
12/4/12 5:25 AM
LoganClark

ObamaCare - 

i guess its obvious this thing isnt happening.

Sorry, I just don't make it on the computer too much, so responses don't come as quickly as internet impatience demands. I can't use the UG app on my phone.
12/4/12 5:32 AM
LoganClark

Actual people who would fight:
Wizgub
ObamaCare
likatiga
DrewOut

People who would fight if shit wasn't fucked:
CrushCrawfish

People who have backed out/disappeared:
Everyone else
12/4/12 8:13 AM
jar of flies
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see this still has a pulse Phone Post
12/4/12 11:53 AM
likatiga
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps obamacare and Logan should fight? Or fuck?

I'm still chasing chickens in the hope some dude shows up to fight me. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:28 PM
likatiga
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post
12/4/12 1:51 PM
Wizgub
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga -  Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post

eh im looking at shelling out a fortune to fight ANYONE ANYWHERE

my hand has been up for quite a while
12/4/12 2:30 PM
likatiga

Wizgub -
likatiga -  Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post

eh im looking at shelling out a fortune to fight ANYONE ANYWHERE

my hand has been up for quite a while
I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?

Just kidding.

You're 205 minimum and I'd be 185 max. Also thought you already had a fight? Phone Post
12/8/12 4:01 PM
Wizgub
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right should i book a ticket to the us of a or not Phone Post
12/10/12 5:05 AM
LoganClark

SonofJockstrap - 

I backed out because of money problems and landed a fight 15 minutes away with absolutely no problem and they paid for my bloodwork, all I had to pay for was my license. I wouldn't have backed out if I knew how much money this was going to end up costing me. 

No offense, but it's taken over a month to get any real specific details besides "Here's the state website, do what it says." I know you're doing this in your free time and I appreciate the effort but I can understand everyone's frustration as well. You have to remember you're dealing with a lot of guys who have zero idea what it is they're suppose to be doing. 

You never had an opponent, so I couldn't give you any information or confirm anything for you. The three other people of your size and experience disappeared. Not sure what you expected me to do to reassure you in that situation. And, seriously, you are complaining after backing out?
12/10/12 5:06 AM
LoganClark

Wizgub -  Right should i book a ticket to the us of a or not Phone Post

No. I guess the UGGPs died for a reason. I'll let them rest in peace. I appreciate your interest, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it work. If it is any consolation, the promoter is annoyed with me, too.
12/10/12 5:11 AM
LoganClark

Edited: 12/10/12 5:13 AM
ObamaCare - 

LoganClark - Actual people who would fight:

Wizgub

ObamaCare

likatiga

DrewOut

People who would fight if shit wasn't fucked:

CrushCrawfish

People who have backed out/disappeared:

Everyone else

False...

ME and Crawfish agreed to fight a professional fight and you were supposed to make it happen. You told me all i have to do is go to the link you sent me via PM and apply for a pro license

once i did all that, you claimed you thought i was nader and that the promotion is not interested in me making a pro debut. 

also you left naders name out. he originally agreed to fight then said he wouldnt because wizgub had 10lbs on him...then you moved it to nader vs crawfish and what happened next? Nader said he wont fight crawfish because he is 0-1 pro and not a good fight for him because crawfish doesnt take his career seriously and doesnt have an impressive record (his words not mine)...and because he cant make weight with only 2 months notice

now you say me vs wizgub, but hes from another country and it would cost almost $1,000 to get him here

but im the confused one?

me,crawfish and you all agreed to me vs fish PRO @ 195lb catchweight. me and fish had that on our mind the whole time

you might have a valid complaint when it comes to others agreeing to fight then not following up...but i have stayed the same since day 1. nothing has changed on my end...i told you id fight but only if it was pro because of how far away this is. you said cool, had a matchup...then said no one is interested. if thats the case then you cant act like im bullshitting.

the whole thing is a mess. sometimes people bite off more than they can chew at 1 time. you have a life and thats understandable. people post on thsi thread daily but you only check it every few days, so you miss most of it.

take smaller bites.

I'm not quite sure what you want from me at this point. The original possible opponent has withdrawn. I apologized when I realized I screwed up. I explained to you why the promoter questioned giving you a pro debut. It is too bad this didn't work out, but we never had enough guys and confirmed match-ups to make anything worthy of being a UGGP. One UG matchup and two guys fighting locals does not a GP make.
12/10/12 5:15 AM
LoganClark

I've failed the UG terribly and will likely run home to the OG to wallow in my shame for a year or two.
12/10/12 2:29 PM
likatiga

Great, thanks a lot Logan. You've literally shattered my life long dream. life long. dream. shattered. I can't fucking believe this shit, I have trained my ass off for THREE WEEKS for nothing? fuck!

Thanks for fucking it all up for me Logan.
12/10/12 3:16 PM
DaSilvaMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a thought but instead of making everyone fight on one night why not book fights where its closer to people? I understand that ruins the essence of the GP being a one night get together but it also helps it. We can set up the matchups here then look on mmarecruiter.com or on the events section of this site and book the matchups not only according to weight class/experience but also with location of fight night being a factor. Lemme know what you guys think.
1/17/13 9:19 PM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for fapout

1/17/13 9:29 PM
jar of flies
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/17/13 9:52 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weightclasses need an opponent?
1/17/13 11:40 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll fight someone at 125 haha. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.