UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

12/4/12 12:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
likatiga
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post
12/4/12 12:30 PM
SonofJockstrap
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I backed out because of money problems and landed a fight 15 minutes away with absolutely no problem and they paid for my bloodwork, all I had to pay for was my license. I wouldn't have backed out if I knew how much money this was going to end up costing me. 

No offense, but it's taken over a month to get any real specific details besides "Here's the state website, do what it says." I know you're doing this in your free time and I appreciate the effort but I can understand everyone's frustration as well. You have to remember you're dealing with a lot of guys who have zero idea what it is they're suppose to be doing. 

12/4/12 1:51 PM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga -  Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post

eh im looking at shelling out a fortune to fight ANYONE ANYWHERE

my hand has been up for quite a while
12/4/12 2:30 PM
likatiga
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub -
likatiga -  Nah I've been here. I think I'm the only one left looking for the true essence of UGGP opponent. Somebody who just wants to know if they're a man or a girl. Not much training, not much experience, not trying to boost their ammy record or make pro debut. Somebody who doesn't need permission to bang. That man/girl has not put their hand up yet. Phone Post

eh im looking at shelling out a fortune to fight ANYONE ANYWHERE

my hand has been up for quite a while
I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?

Just kidding.

You're 205 minimum and I'd be 185 max. Also thought you already had a fight? Phone Post
12/8/12 4:01 PM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right should i book a ticket to the us of a or not Phone Post
12/10/12 5:05 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonofJockstrap - 

I backed out because of money problems and landed a fight 15 minutes away with absolutely no problem and they paid for my bloodwork, all I had to pay for was my license. I wouldn't have backed out if I knew how much money this was going to end up costing me. 

No offense, but it's taken over a month to get any real specific details besides "Here's the state website, do what it says." I know you're doing this in your free time and I appreciate the effort but I can understand everyone's frustration as well. You have to remember you're dealing with a lot of guys who have zero idea what it is they're suppose to be doing. 

You never had an opponent, so I couldn't give you any information or confirm anything for you. The three other people of your size and experience disappeared. Not sure what you expected me to do to reassure you in that situation. And, seriously, you are complaining after backing out?
12/10/12 5:06 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub -  Right should i book a ticket to the us of a or not Phone Post

No. I guess the UGGPs died for a reason. I'll let them rest in peace. I appreciate your interest, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it work. If it is any consolation, the promoter is annoyed with me, too.
12/10/12 5:11 AM
LoganClark

Edited: 12/10/12 5:13 AM
ObamaCare - 

LoganClark - Actual people who would fight:

Wizgub

ObamaCare

likatiga

DrewOut

People who would fight if shit wasn't fucked:

CrushCrawfish

People who have backed out/disappeared:

Everyone else

False...

ME and Crawfish agreed to fight a professional fight and you were supposed to make it happen. You told me all i have to do is go to the link you sent me via PM and apply for a pro license

once i did all that, you claimed you thought i was nader and that the promotion is not interested in me making a pro debut. 

also you left naders name out. he originally agreed to fight then said he wouldnt because wizgub had 10lbs on him...then you moved it to nader vs crawfish and what happened next? Nader said he wont fight crawfish because he is 0-1 pro and not a good fight for him because crawfish doesnt take his career seriously and doesnt have an impressive record (his words not mine)...and because he cant make weight with only 2 months notice

now you say me vs wizgub, but hes from another country and it would cost almost $1,000 to get him here

but im the confused one?

me,crawfish and you all agreed to me vs fish PRO @ 195lb catchweight. me and fish had that on our mind the whole time

you might have a valid complaint when it comes to others agreeing to fight then not following up...but i have stayed the same since day 1. nothing has changed on my end...i told you id fight but only if it was pro because of how far away this is. you said cool, had a matchup...then said no one is interested. if thats the case then you cant act like im bullshitting.

the whole thing is a mess. sometimes people bite off more than they can chew at 1 time. you have a life and thats understandable. people post on thsi thread daily but you only check it every few days, so you miss most of it.

take smaller bites.

I'm not quite sure what you want from me at this point. The original possible opponent has withdrawn. I apologized when I realized I screwed up. I explained to you why the promoter questioned giving you a pro debut. It is too bad this didn't work out, but we never had enough guys and confirmed match-ups to make anything worthy of being a UGGP. One UG matchup and two guys fighting locals does not a GP make.
12/10/12 5:15 AM
LoganClark

I've failed the UG terribly and will likely run home to the OG to wallow in my shame for a year or two.
12/10/12 2:29 PM
likatiga

Great, thanks a lot Logan. You've literally shattered my life long dream. life long. dream. shattered. I can't fucking believe this shit, I have trained my ass off for THREE WEEKS for nothing? fuck!

Thanks for fucking it all up for me Logan.
12/10/12 3:16 PM
DaSilvaMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a thought but instead of making everyone fight on one night why not book fights where its closer to people? I understand that ruins the essence of the GP being a one night get together but it also helps it. We can set up the matchups here then look on mmarecruiter.com or on the events section of this site and book the matchups not only according to weight class/experience but also with location of fight night being a factor. Lemme know what you guys think.
1/17/13 9:19 PM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for fapout

1/17/13 9:29 PM
jar of flies
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/17/13 9:52 PM
Joe_Drogan420

What weightclasses need an opponent?
1/17/13 11:40 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll fight someone at 125 haha. Phone Post
1/19/13 5:26 AM
Wizgub

It was called off for fuck sake -_- Phone Post
1/19/13 6:30 AM
DreamerMMA
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

These events are not easy to do.

Sucks that it fell apart but I've had plenty of trouble with them myself in the past and it's a big reason I haven't done another in years.

It's too hard to get people to commit. 

The last show I did I literally had about 8 guys drop out on me a couple of weeks out with every reason imaginable from being sick to money problems, to moving to being attacked by a dog.

I think more people think they want to fight in a cage than actually do want to.

1/19/13 7:03 AM
Wizgub

DreamerMMA -

These events are not easy to do.

Sucks that it fell apart but I've had plenty of trouble with them myself in the past and it's a big reason I haven't done another in years.

It's too hard to get people to commit. 

The last show I did I literally had about 8 guys drop out on me a couple of weeks out with every reason imaginable from being sick to money problems, to moving to being attacked by a dog.

I think more people think they want to fight in a cage than actually do want to.

Quoted for truth Phone Post
1/19/13 10:17 AM
bhealthy

fapout - 
jar of flies - 

lmao wft is that?!

its a commercial for the JRE
2/26/13 1:52 PM
Moose Knuckle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/26/13 2:00 PM

Another "UGGP Las Vegas" would be excellent. Perhaps Dana would attend?

2/26/13 3:15 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks this didn't work out, but kudos to you for trying Logan.
2/27/13 4:40 PM
DreamerMMA
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
Moose Knuckle - 

Another "UGGP Las Vegas" would be excellent. Perhaps Dana would attend?

Holy shit man, I feel like I haven't seen you in years.

PM me if you have a facebook or something.

I don't know if Dana was ever interested in these events.  If he was willing to attend though I bet a good one could be put together.

The shows were a lot of fun but nothing beat the first one.

2/27/13 5:07 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Moooose!!!!! Phone Post
2/28/13 7:52 AM
Wizgub

Il fight in vegas! Phone Post
2/28/13 10:35 AM
jar of flies
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for UGGP Vegas

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.