UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

10/9/12 2:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GregNoActionJackson
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring this to Jersey Phone Post
10/9/12 9:11 AM
Wizgub
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge -
MountainMedic -
The Loge -
Max Dangerous - 21, 5'11 145ish. Wrestled in Highschool. Mostly self taught standup, mostly self taught JJ. Have trained at a couple of places, never for very long. Would love to participate in this. I live in Saint Paul.
I'm the same weight and height pretty much, I'd be down for it if my travel could be covered from Indiana. Phone Post
Sounds like a match
Nobody is covering travel (anymore) Phone Post
Bummer on the travel part, I'll see what I can come up with but that might not be possible unfortunately. Phone Post
Snap if this is the case i could really struggle coming from scotland. Im willing to obv contributed what i can but the full whack may be a strech Phone Post
10/9/12 10:05 AM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to participate in this 6' 155 but doubt I can afford to travel from west virginia Phone Post
10/9/12 10:26 AM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - Would love to participate in this 6' 155 but doubt I can afford to travel from west virginia Phone Post
I have some ground training nothing formal just a little small town gym no background just some training 4-3 record Phone Post
10/9/12 12:29 PM
Max Dangerous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/09/12 12:30 PM
I by no means want to sound cocky, and I do understand that this is meant for people with little experience, but in all honesty I probably have a bit too much experience for you. Self taught is a little misleading on my part, as I have been training in MMA for about five years now, I just don't really train at gyms. I work with a lot of people who are very experienced in their martial arts. I've had 3 Muay Thai fights, and I know im gonna catch flack for this one, but I can hang with purple belts in no gi. Again im not trying to sound tough, im just trying to be honest about my experience, and I don't want to be accused of sandbagging.
However I will leave the match making to whoever is running the event. Wam sounds a bit more along my skill level?
I could also throw my opponent like 100$ for travel expenses if I can get somebody who is gonna take this seriously, because im gonna show up in shape.

God I sound like such a keyboard warrior, don't laugh at me :(
10/9/12 5:35 PM
SonofJockstrap
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Travel isn't an issue for me, I could postpone Christmas until then and visit my family around the time of the card. Just have to make sure my knee's 100%. Just curious on some more details.
10/9/12 10:06 PM
Kurle
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do this.... its fun.

...except the breaking the ankle part... much less fun
10/9/12 11:39 PM
OPDogg

I'm in full support of this.... It would be fun to see for sure.
10/10/12 1:21 AM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 6'2" currently probably 195 (I stay away from scales generally). I work like a crazy person about 10 months of each year then have two months off. It's possible I'm about to have those two months off (November and December).

If I do have time off and can train, I am in for sure. I'll probably know by beginning of November.

In sync with my time off, I train about two months a year and have done so for about ten years, all Muay Thai. I have a total of about 10 BJJ classes spread out over the last 3 years, zero wrestling. Hopefully that gives an indication of where I am. I'm far from experienced, but would happily match up against anybody. I'm game.

I don't need any travel expenses covered, can take care of all that.

If I do have the time off and can train for this, I will come in legit shape, probably between 170 and 185.

Put me down and I'll confirm or not by early November. Ok?

Oh, and to my future opponent: leave your wife or girlfriend at home, unless you want her to see you get alpha'd. Phone Post
10/10/12 1:33 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good. I will have to start collecting legit info from people via PM or email, so the promoter can believe we are legit. Those who intend to compete, please go to the MN commission site and check out requirements. I'm going to check with the commission to make sure guys don't get licensed til next year since their licenses have been going by the calendar year lately.
10/10/12 1:42 AM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 

UG vs SHerdog fight.  UG won.

UGGP Vet checking in here.

I think the UG swept the UG vs Sherdog event IIRC...

The guy who got his nose busted up was a sherdogger named Ben West (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/6C2715B851ADE058/Ben-West/) and was supposed to fight some UG guy who no-showed i think.  The kid drove all the way from like georgia or florida or something and he just wanted to fight, so he just took the fight with whoever they put him with.  The kid was technically a heavyweight but he had definitely not had the level of training as the guy he fought, who was a legit yolked heavyweight named Don Johnson (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/798F0E80D5B32C5E/Don-Johnson/).  He took one right hand from this guy and went down in 9 seconds, nose was crumpled like a wrapper.  

His fight was right after mine, and I just remember feeling so bad for the guy, he was totally outmatched.

The UGGP was a fucking awesome experience.  A big thank you to Dreamer for being so passionate about this stuff.  If we could get another one going on the west coast I'd maybe try to get back down to 170 and give it another go (i've ballooned up lol).

Good memories

10/10/12 1:43 AM
Tap In
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm down if you can get me a fight against Anderson Silva, I hear they are handing those out to anyone nowadays. 

I like my brain too much to participate but cool idea, "in" as they say. Gotta get Layzie or someone to do a live feed

10/10/12 2:58 AM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

I'll think about it. 135er here. Phone Post
10/10/12 4:53 PM
David Mortensen

TTt for the uggp Phone Post
10/10/12 6:10 PM
supercan
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey vengence...seems like you and I are old news. It's not his fault, but people only remember Dreamer for some reason. Maybe I'll have to break out the old supercan videos.
10/10/12 6:54 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man cool idea.

I doubt it'll ever come to fruition, but if they do one in north texas and I could get some help as far as training goes, I'd like to do it.  

I have a pretty crazy work schedule, my work is super easy, however it ties me down 6 days a week.

I was in great shape about 15 months ago before I tore or did SOMETHING to my shoulder while doing elevated bench press with too much weight. 

I'm 5'10, and currently 190ish but I could fight at 170, possibly 155. I'm not fat right now, but when I was fit about a yr and a half ago, I was about 160 but stronger than ever. 

No formal training, like nothing. No high school wrestling, no boxing, just a handful of street fights against inexperienced guys.  I think I'd have to train just to get a white belt lol. But I know all the names and what the moves look like. Getting someone in that position or getting out of it however, WHOLE nother story.

10/10/12 6:58 PM
RJJH
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark - Anyone have a particular hatred for the OG? I am trying to get some bad blood going in some match ups.

I would love to take Baraokix arm home with me.

10/10/12 8:58 PM
OmgItsTheWams

My coach owns on point athletics which makes shorts and fight shorts he sponsors Daniel straus and his shorts and shirts have been in xfc strikeforce and bellator could if you wanted shirts for this or fight shorts I'm sure I could work some stuff out Phone Post
10/10/12 10:11 PM
DanteHec
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark -
DanteHec -  So far away from Texas! Phone Post

I've driven to Austin twice in a month before, you can do it!
Damn fuck that! I'd get so irritated. Me and my buddy would do it for the lolz totally no formal training whatsoever Phone Post
10/11/12 8:39 AM
RJJH
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/12 8:43 AM
RJJH - 
LoganClark - Anyone have a particular hatred for the OG? I am trying to get some bad blood going in some match ups.

I would love to take Baraokix arm home with me.

paging Baraokix, paging Baraokix,

where is that peckerwood?!?!

10/11/12 8:48 AM
RJJH

5'6", 165 come fight time. some BJJ / kickboxing training. LOTS of home training with friends.

10/11/12 10:23 AM
Swamuel McSwamuelson

i want to fight NPD and/or Augspicht (sp).

but i live in England =/
10/11/12 10:59 AM
LoganClark

OmgItsTheWams -  My coach owns on point athletics which makes shorts and fight shorts he sponsors Daniel straus and his shorts and shirts have been in xfc strikeforce and bellator could if you wanted shirts for this or fight shorts I'm sure I could work some stuff out Phone Post

Excellent, our first potential sponsor.
10/11/12 10:59 AM
LoganClark

RJJH - 

5'6", 165 come fight time. some BJJ / kickboxing training. LOTS of home training with friends.

Location?
10/11/12 11:00 AM
LoganClark

Edited: 10/11/12 11:00 AM
supercan - Hey vengence...seems like you and I are old.

And nobody cares about old people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.