UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should we have another UGGP?

11/4/12 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always so far away. Would love to use a UGGP as motivation to get training and test myself, there's never one in my part of the country (maryland).
11/4/12 12:51 PM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question here, will any state sanction a one night tournament event?
11/5/12 6:02 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We can't put on a whole event UGGP because we don't have enough fights or enough local fighters to sell tickets. The event on January 26th is at the Hyatt in downtown Minneapolis. It is a good venue. I fought there twice in 2010. I am intending to fight in the main event that night. The UGGP would be part of the undercard. We might put the unassociated ammy fights first then have the UGGP in the middle with the rest of the pro fights to finish up.

Yes, you have to get licensed in Minnesota. www.mncombativesports.com has the how to on the main page. You have to get a national MMA card and a MN license. All of the medical requirements are listed there as well.
11/5/12 7:33 AM
Wizgub
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey dont want to hassle you but any news on anyone at HW looking for a fight. I dont care if from here a local fighter alastair overeem or JDS il fight anyone win or lose im willing to cut off a nut to fight. Also any help from sponsor at all re flights or accom im willing to put as much as i can towards it prob be able to afford around £400 (think thats about 600 dollars), plus il get the liscense and such as well

Any info appreciated thanks
11/5/12 10:53 AM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoganClark - Sorry, I have been away from the UG for a while and neglected this thread. I didn't hear back from the promoter for a bit and thought he might have forgotten the plan, but he has informed me that he would like to do a separate/probably-internet-only poster for the UGGP portion. I think that has the potential to be the ugliest poster ever made.

Let me know where to send cock pics for the poster.
11/5/12 11:30 AM
SonofJockstrap
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub - hey dont want to hassle you but any news on anyone at HW looking for a fight. I dont care if from here a local fighter alastair overeem or JDS il fight anyone win or lose im willing to cut off a nut to fight. Also any help from sponsor at all re flights or accom im willing to put as much as i can towards it prob be able to afford around £400 (think thats about 600 dollars), plus il get the liscense and such as well

I'll gain weight to fight you at 205 or heavyweight, I haven't been able to do much in the way of dieting down my weight anyway because I had to go off my synthroid since it's a banned substance.

I'm waiting to see if I have any outstanding warrants too, just to make sure I don't show up for a family visit and a fight to get arrested.

11/5/12 8:44 PM
Wizgub
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonofJockstrap - 
Wizgub - hey dont want to hassle you but any news on anyone at HW looking for a fight. I dont care if from here a local fighter alastair overeem or JDS il fight anyone win or lose im willing to cut off a nut to fight. Also any help from sponsor at all re flights or accom im willing to put as much as i can towards it prob be able to afford around £400 (think thats about 600 dollars), plus il get the liscense and such as well

I'll gain weight to fight you at 205 or heavyweight, I haven't been able to do much in the way of dieting down my weight anyway because I had to go off my synthroid since it's a banned substance.

I'm waiting to see if I have any outstanding warrants too, just to make sure I don't show up for a family visit and a fight to get arrested.

HW would be easier due to how close the event is and still not knowing if i will get help to coem over or get an opponent i havnt really been preparing weight wise for any fight. i could prob get down to the likes of 220 very easy but 205 could be a push
11/5/12 11:38 PM
SonofJockstrap
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub - 
SonofJockstrap - 

HW would be easier due to how close the event is and still not knowing if i will get help to coem over or get an opponent i havnt really been preparing weight wise for any fight. i could prob get down to the likes of 220 very easy but 205 could be a push

Ok well I will absolutely bulk best I can if there are no available middle or welterweights and meet you at heavyweight if you can make it here and no one else wants to step up. I ust like to fight.

11/6/12 5:23 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no need to bulk up. If we can get him here, we can put Wizgub against ObamaCare or Crush Crawfish since they want pro fights.
11/6/12 5:24 AM
LoganClark

And I'm sick of you blaming us for your fatness.
11/6/12 5:49 AM
Wizgub

Im not blaming anyone for my fatness im being realistic that i cant drop 4 stone in 2 months healthily thats all how is that in any way shape or form blaming anyone? Phone Post
11/6/12 6:02 AM
Wizgub

And sure il go up against obamacare or crawfish i was under the impression they were facing off against each other. If its the case its one of them should i apply for a pro license instead of ammy one then? Phone Post
11/6/12 6:22 AM
LoganClark

First, lighten up, Francis.

Second, re CC, he seems to be matching himself up with somebody else on the OG thread, so it looks like it will be up to me to sort it all out.
11/6/12 6:56 AM
Wizgub

Sure no bother as i said im happy to take on anyone even if they have alot more exp than me like obamacare does. I just wanna be in that cage. Just let me bang bro ;)

In a side not it must be like 4am where you are!? Phone Post
11/6/12 8:42 AM
LoganClark

I am around at all hours. I just don't get online much. CC seems to have an agreement from Deathfrompillowfists, but the latter hasn't contacted me yet.
11/6/12 10:38 AM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll fight the lot of ya.

And strippers.
11/9/12 2:05 AM
DreamerMMA
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Logan, I can't do a whole lot because I live deep in Death Valley NP and I have slow, shitty internet but I can start contacting potential sponsors to help out once we have a few confirmed fights.

Drop me an email at Dreamermma@gmail.com if you want to talk about it more or just message me here,

11/9/12 2:09 AM
DreamerMMA
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those that think this won't happen and the newbs who aren't familiar with these events they started in 2007 and the last one was in 2009, we've done 5 of them so far already and they were all pretty good events even with some of the problems encountered and even mistakes made on my part.

These events are great though, I'm glad to see a pro fighter with a promoter in his corner to run these events.  I tend to live far away from civilization and have a hard time pulling these off.

I ran the UG vs Sherdog and UG vs Bullshido events while living in a dorm room up at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with our weak ass internet so I have all the confidence in the world in LoganClarks ability to not only pull this off but do it better than I ever could.

11/10/12 3:35 AM
DreamerMMA

ttt

11/10/12 8:31 PM
LoganClark

Raxbot - 
ObamaCare - 
icedog11 - 

^ if its just stripper lets do a tag team I'm in....and out and in and out

What happens in Minnesota, stays in Minnesota. 

Is that why I can't seem to get out of this godforsaken state?

You never even tried to leave.
11/10/12 8:34 PM
LoganClark

I've been using Gladiator guards for seven years now.
11/10/12 8:34 PM
LoganClark

SonofJockstrap - 24, 5'7", 185, will cut to 170 or 155, no formal training, Kansas City
Jefe Maton - 5'5" 185 make 155 if nes, trained by cyclops.
NINJAe973 - 26, 5'11", could probably make 170 if not 155, no formal training
RJJH - 5'6", 165 come fight time. some BJJ / kickboxing training. LOTS of home training with friends. Okanagan, B.C.

YourMomMadeMeTap - 19, 6'0", 145, <1yr training
Max Dangerous - 21, 5'11 145ish, hs wrestling, self-taught bjj and striking
TheLoge - 5'10", 145, BJJ Blue, shitty other stuff, Indiana

Wizgub - Scottish? 6'3" 240
ObamaCare - 6', 205...3-2 ammy and looking for a pro debut. 3.5 years training MT/BJJ but no real wrestling background
CrushCrawfish - 0-2 pro 185-205
DeathByPillowFists - 205

likatiga - 6'2" 170-185 2 months X 10 yrs MT
UGCTT_SidRival - 5'9" 170 CA

Drewout - 38, 6', 170, 2 pro fights, no fights in five yrs

YousHerName - 135

Ghost842 -
LiftStrong -
YHTOMIT2001 -
MattHorning - Should we tell him he is on the list?
11/10/12 9:46 PM
LoganClark

I'm pretty sure DBPF is a fatty like wizgub, so we should do you vs CC and those two can work out a weight class.
11/11/12 3:57 PM
Wizgub

ObamaCare - 

something tells me wizgub may be a sandbagger

Haha i wish iv trained a long time but due to work couldnt take it to the next level there was some points i couldnt afford or find hours to train for months at a time which has held me back from being able to properly take fights..... Until now ;)
11/12/12 11:53 AM
Crush Crawfish

LoganClark - I'm pretty sure DBPF is a fatty like wizgub, so we should do you vs CC and those two can work out a weight class.

So it's looking like me v. OC and Nader v. Wizgub?

I need to know who to start an imaginary internet feud with.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.