UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> AS at 209.5 normally trains at 205

10/3/12 7:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/12 7:22 PM

From AS's trainer.

Physical Trainer Anderson Silva and one of the leaders of the academy X-Gym, Rogério Camões highlighted the tranquility of the work without the need to cut weight.

"Anderson is only two pounds overweight, so now ready to consider the balance. On Friday we will have a meeting with the doctor who takes care of his body to see how best to cut what remains, but he is very strong, with a job well done and a very good power. He usually train normally with 93kg, 84kg to go down and then fight about 90kg. Just did drills specific to this fight. "

Anderson Silva was scheduled to face Stephan Bonnar with less than a month in advance, to "save" a card hampered by injuries. Neither the little preparation time, nor the fact the fight back to 93kg Rogerão care who sees the Brazilian advantage by already having gone through a long period of training to face Chael Sonnen.

http://www.tatame.com.br/preparador-fisico-anderson-esta-a-dois-quilos-do-peso-e-muito-forte/
10/3/12 7:35 PM
slamming

This is hardly shocking.

He's not even a big middleweight and is much closer to GSP in terms of weight than Jon Jones.
10/3/12 7:38 PM
Lazer MMA

P4PKING -  So Anderson fights at 198ish lbs. so much more him weighing 220 come fight time Phone Post

That is what I had in the original thread title but after I posted I saw some of the details I translated incorrectly so I backpeddled fast. Sorry for any other incorrect data in the original thread title BTW. This translation above is not mine it was done by a program.
10/3/12 7:40 PM
MachidasBrew 209TT

slamming - This is hardly shocking.

He's not even a big middleweight and is much closer to GSP in terms of weight than Jon Jones.
Indoubitably my good sir. Phone Post
10/3/12 7:56 PM
orcus

So Anderson's trainer confirms what his nutritionist said a couple months ago, that Anderson begins camp at around 205 and is in the ring at about 198.

Yet for some reason people think it would be more "fair" if Anderson, who obviously is not used to big weight cuts, were to cut to 170 to fight GSP, rather than having each guy in the ring for a 185 fight weighing 192-193 (GSP) vs 198 (Anderson) with each guy having an easy cut.

By all means, let's try to make sure this superfight has one guy not being at his best because of a pointless weight cut!

10/3/12 7:59 PM
UKTT`s official bottom wiper
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hoping we could have this stupid conversation again. Weeee Phone Post
10/3/12 8:01 PM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris

Here we go again

10/3/12 8:03 PM
TheFlyingGentlemen

Phone Post
10/3/12 8:06 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

according to gsp anderson weights 265 lbs

10/3/12 8:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasBrew 209TT -
slamming - This is hardly shocking.

Indoubitably my good sir. Phone Post
Indisputably. Phone Post
10/3/12 8:09 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UKTT`s official bottom wiper -  I was hoping we could have this stupid conversation again. Weeee Phone Post

Agreed, so fucking much. I hope they just find a weight and agree to it and fight. No matter what, I want to see this fight.

10/3/12 9:27 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Yep. Average or even slightly lighter than average nowadays for the MW division.

Once again Anderson will be fighting someone noticably heavier in the cage.

10/3/12 9:31 PM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In bc I can't read the metric weight system and hoping someone can tell me what the fuck I just read Phone Post
10/3/12 9:53 PM
dingdong_malice

I always found it funny when guys would claim Anderson was a "huge" middleweight, when in reality hes one of the lighter MW's.

If you account for the fact that GSP has a lower BF% and access to guys who have weight cutting to a science its obvious that Anderson has been fighting above his natural weight class.
10/3/12 10:25 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

As one of the biggest AS nuthuggers here, I will be fair and point out that Anderson is tall and does have a decent reach to offset that weight deficiency.

Nowhere near the reach advantage Bones has though :)

10/3/12 10:35 PM
Lazer MMA

you can't be serious. Go to google and type (EG) "90 KG equal how many lbs"!

Answer in a fraction of a second = "How many pounds is 90kg? 198.42 pounds."
10/3/12 10:46 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Print - Anderson dwarfed Vitor, Chael is one of the bigger mws and had no size advantage against AS. Was also larger than Okami

He's not a small 185er by any stretch of the imagination, GSP would like Matt roloff next to him

Yet somehow in the minds of Silva fans, an adequately sized ww is as big as an adequately sized mw Lol

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!

Vitor was well over 198-200 when they fought, ask Dolce. They cut 30 pounds for that fight.

Chael was 218 according to Dolce in the rematch.

Okami was also at least 5 pounds heavier in the cage.

You clearly have no clue what you speak of.

10/3/12 10:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Print - Anderson dwarfed Vitor, Chael is one of the bigger mws and had no size advantage against AS. Was also larger than Okami

He's not a small 185er by any stretch of the imagination, GSP would like Matt roloff next to him

Yet somehow in the minds of Silva fans, an adequately sized ww is as big as an adequately sized mw Lol

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!

I'm no AS fan but WTF is your point?

GSP in the cage = 194
AS in the cage = 198.5

Either one should be able to fight JBJ too IMO, OMG a few IBS is all that matters today! Forget about wanting to fight the best! Oh he is too big! Horse hockey
10/3/12 11:13 PM
Avenged MOFO

Print - Anderson dwarfed Vitor, Chael is one of the bigger mws and had no size advantage against AS. Was also larger than Okami

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!
I vote you up! You are so right! Phone Post
10/3/12 11:22 PM
epic hero

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!

People don't use their eyes or common sense anymore.
10/3/12 11:37 PM
Lazer MMA

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -

Yep. Average or even slightly lighter than average nowadays for the MW division.

Once again Anderson will be fighting someone noticably heavier in the cage.

It really doesn't matter. Bonnar will be heavier but Anderson takes shots from Cigano in training and has a chin from hell so Bonnar won't rock him even if he does hit him.

Anderson has the speed, accuracy, defense, distance management, BJJ, power and experience advantage. Everything else is virtually identical Phone Post

LOL at Bonnar trading punches (strikes) with AS! He needs to get that fight to the ground and he is no friggin joke there on the ground either!
10/3/12 11:42 PM
Lazer MMA

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Print - Weight means very little in a fight when you're talking about a 5-10lb difference
Stand them side by side and that will tell it all.

Obsession with weight on the UG makes me cringe.

No point in arguing, you guys go by superficial and inaccurately reported stats instead of your own two eyes, Lol.
I say have 2 weight divisions like pride and end this weight cutting nonsense. Maybe 3 so the midgets can still fight. Open weight >200, Middleweight 150-200 and Lightweight <150

This is becoming the Jenny Craig FC Phone Post

VUTFU if I had a vote!
10/4/12 12:23 AM
nnwourgeet
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!

GSP in the cage = 194
AS in the cage = 198.5

Either one should be able to fight JBJ too IMO, OMG a few IBS is all that matters today! Forget about wanting to fight the best! Oh he is too big! Horse hockey

GSP isn't likely to be 194 in the cage, he may have cut from near that for recent fights, but this would be the same mistake as saying Anderson is 220. GSP spent the majority of his UFC career around 187, with some extra weight added around the Alves fight, and he will likely come back a bit slimmer.

90kg is a rounded number, I wouldn't count the decimals on it.

What these numbers indicate is that GSP is naturally a few pounds heavier than the next higher weight class (190lbs +/- 4 lbs.) like most other top welterweights, and Anderson is a few pounds heavier than the next higher weight class (210 cited here, a bit more by Anderson previously) like most other top middleweights. It's about a weight class difference, not just a few lbs.
10/4/12 12:27 AM
Avenged MOFO

nnwourgeet -
Lazer MMA - 

MY GOD THESE SHEEP!

GSP in the cage = 194
AS in the cage = 198.5

GSP isn't likely to be 194 in the cage, he may have cut from near that for recent fights, but this would be the same mistake as saying Anderson is 220. GSP spent the majority of his UFC career around 187, with some extra weight added around the Alves fight, and he will likely come back a bit slimmer.

90kg is a rounded number, I wouldn't count the decimals on it.

What these numbers indicate is that GSP is naturally a few pounds heavier than the next higher weight class (190lbs +/- 4 lbs.) like most other top welterweights, and Anderson is a few pounds heavier than the next higher weight class (210 cited here, a bit more by Anderson previously) like most other top middleweights. It's about a weight class difference, not just a few lbs.
This! Phone Post
10/4/12 4:23 AM
tears for lube

Anderson is def not 6'1. When him and forrest squared off for weigh ins there was an inch max in there height. Andersons 6'2 or slightly taller

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.