UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Extreme Muay Thai Valley Stream, NY

10/3/12 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
voodoo child
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This academy is now called Militia and says its under new management. Did something happen to Extreme Lacosta?
10/4/12 7:30 AM
Khun Kao
1144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/04/12 7:33 AM
Today we launched many new changes for the team! We've renamed and rebranded the team as Militia Fight Academy - or Team Militia. We felt with the new ownership, new coaches, and new momentum of the gym, it was time to create our own identity and lose the "Extreme" moniker from the gym's old ways and ownership.

Interesting... I hadn't heard about this. I remember that Extreme had some health issues, but I don't know if they were all that serious.
10/4/12 9:24 AM
voodoo child
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its almost like he just dropped of the face of the earth. He was real hardcore when it came to his gym. Seems odd that he would just give it up.
10/4/12 11:17 AM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He moved to Florida. I don't know about his health, but saw him recently and he looked good. He was very into Muay Thai, but didn't seem interested in MMA. But a lot of the students wanted to do MMA. Wonder if that played a part?
10/4/12 12:18 PM
Khun Kao
1144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm remembering some kinda health/injury issue from years ago, I think... the more I think of it, I think it was an injury.
10/4/12 2:55 PM
voodoo child

Yeah his back was shot. He was doing all sorts of things to help his back out. He moved to FL. Probably retired. Good for him though. He did have a good academy though. Some real tough guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.