UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> best form of zinc?

10/3/12 10:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so im going to start taking zinc again since its a pretty kick ass supplement in my experience. problem is that there are about 10 different types of zinc and im not sure which to use...zinc citrate, zinc methionine, zinc + b6, chelated zync glycinate, zinc gluconate, etc.

which is the best form to take?
10/4/12 1:09 AM
Badmonkey

chelated zinc glycinate is the most absorbable form... just make sure to take copper as well.
10/4/12 8:29 AM
turducken

Edited: 10/04/12 8:29 AM
thats the one i bought...it was the most expensive so i figured it was the best, lol.

also, i have heard that high zinc intake can decrease your copper stores, but i thought that was only if you are taking 50mg/day or more...im taking 44mg/day. whats the deal?
10/7/12 6:26 PM
Badmonkey

I'd take 2-4 mg of copper to balance things out, though i believe the depletion is a long term effect.
10/8/12 9:57 AM
Pikes
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I take a ZMA supplement before bed. Sleep like a baby and feel great in the morning.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/kzn/zma.html

I haven't been taking them long enough to say if they're affecting size and strength in any significant way, but it's certainly the best "sleep med" I've ever taken and getting good rest is always a plus when it comes to training Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.