UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Which Candidate Represents the Religious Community

10/31/12 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say scripture certainly implies we should vote especially if it means it will keep opposing forces balanced.  The Torah was a balance project where the King is balanced by a Sanhedrein, the Priests were balanced by the Prophets and the Government was balanced by the People.  It's up to us to keep Governing bodies in check!  As far as choosing a politcal candidate maybe it's not about who would better employ Gods vision but who will protect Israel.  Both candidates seem to acknowledge Israels importance but I believe Obama would sacrifice Israel to prevent war Romney would fight for it.  That in itself Trumps sexual rights and pre-term fetus rights.  

10/31/12 5:19 PM
zealot66
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mitt Romney has lived more of a christ like life than most people walking around. How many people give away 30 --40 percent of their income to charity or their church ? serve as a lay pastor, visit sick and help people in need without publicizing it. The first time any of his stories of generosity came to public light was in the first days of the republican convention. He isn't touting it as a campaign tool in general either. The media heard it all and saw the numbers of dollars he gave away and their story as an Eeeevilll corporate raider didn't fit their narrative.

10/31/12 7:14 PM
RoidsGracie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gospel and the rest of the New Testament has very little to say about politics. If anything Jesus seemed very dis-interested in politics and the only thing Paul writes about it is to obey the law and respect the governing bodies. There certainly is nothing about how to run a state or empire to be found anywhere in the New Testament in the same way Islam has hundreds of hadiths on what sort of laws a society should have.
10/31/12 8:52 PM
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the New Testament incorporates the Old Testament then it certainly does discuss politics. Jesus isn't going to re-write Gods works. Not paying attention to politics is to allow Government to run ruin over you. Spirituality always can rise above any situation but God does want peace. We just got done reading Parsha Noah and in it is the story of the Tower of Babble. Where citizenry demands equality. Something we seem to all strive towards - all becoming one! But God doesn't like it - so much so he scatters the people and confuses the languages. Seems totally counter intuitive when we all seem to strive for groups of people of similar thought. Left wing, Right wing, for instance. But when we ALL think alike we cannot learn anything from each other and we have no individuality. I believe the Parshah teaches us to embrace otherness. To imply that Jesus didn't talk about it therefor it is irrelevant is a disservice to scripture. Don't just respect Government GET involved with an opinion and be engaged with the world God gave us! Paul probably said that because they were living under a Government that wasn't based on Torah principles. So yes, respect government, acknowledge it but in America we can get involved and not be killed. Don't discount our world.
11/2/12 4:25 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why Ron Paul made sense to me. He believes life starts at conception, and life should be regarded, not wars started. Phone Post
11/3/12 3:10 PM
zealot66
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The democratic and republican parties are schizophrenic. The dems are all for the social programs and taking care of the poor, kind of like Jesus but they love gay marraige, abortion etc. The Repubs are all about sanctity of life and strong moral values and the first people to line up to drop a bomb or kill people.  

I mean really....I'm conservative and vot 95 percent of the time for republicans but politics is about power over peoples money and how to spend it. They are public revenue money managers. I cannot tolerate Democrats who bring under their tent every wigged out sub culture or activist that is their base. 

Today, JFK would have been a leading republican. Jimmy Carter cannot admit that tthe Dems go against hist Christianity with about every platform the preach.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.